cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Body recieved a mail that your FastShip discount deactivated

Hi Powership registered sellers, anybody received a mail mentioning that your fastship discount is deactivated. I received it and I am really amazing that how could it be? I shipped more than 90% powership orders within 24hours. After downloading my order details and reviwing them I found this. But how powership team can do like this.

Is ebay team are trying to make money by showcasing Powership to sellers as Butter and bread. Written a mail to powership team but no answer.

Who is the responsible person for this?

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

I also received letter that from 7th jan to 6th Feb orders,I wont get fast ship benefits!

I was shocked too.!

Last month DEC alone I shipped more than 290+ orders . Iam confident 85-90% were shipped same day. I have no time yet to down load all my DEC remittance reports & cross check -Order recived time+day/-shipped day

usually I dont even wait for ebay update of shipment status.(which is usually next day early morning)

80% of my orders are FEDEX .(COD stopped). I will click few times  after 9.30 pm on the same shipping day...Immediately I will get a mail + staus From RTS to Shipped. Bluedart after 11 pm ,I will do the same execise to update from Ready to ship to Shipped.

I wrote a letter with a valid reason. All orders recived on saturday after cutoff time (also the day before public holiday) are shipped Monday/next business day. Unless I remind , these orders dont get Fast ship benefits. usually my orders from saturday afternoon  to sunday night could be more than 10-15 each week.

Not sure ebay is trying to increase its bottom line by doing away with the 0.5% discount altogether.

This is hitting my pocket. say conservative for 200 orders for january I will loose around Rs 1500!!Smiley Mad

Message 2 of 22
latest reply

I think its courier companies updating late about our packet handover and this is making us LOOK UGLY in fast ship discount qualifying percentage.

In  my case, most orders were shipped out same day, I even handover manully if pickup if pickup is not done by courier.

still I see I am excluded from fastship discounts.

One thing I noted is when Item is picked up by FEDEX, the notification for shipped comes by evening (once pickup is processed by their local office).

while in case of BLUEDART: the notification reaches us next working day, this even when, packet was scanned by them, processed and even dispatched from their office the same evening.

Seems Bluedart Server doesn't runs Updation multiple times like FEDEX does.

what my point is, if its becuase of courier company delays, we sellers should not be penalized for hard work and efforts to dispatch items the same day order is placed, and month long hardwork is hard SLAPPED once you get a mail for 

"FastShip discount deactivated"

Paylessindia: thanks for the TIP, I would try the method you mentioned and post back if that works for me too.

Message 3 of 22
latest reply

Same here. And now you cannot tell when you get a discount. Even if it shows pickup dt time within 24 hrs, I am not getting discounts for some. Moreover last month almost all orders show pickup within 24 hrs. Seems the process has completely broken down.
I called powership. They told me to mail to inlogistics@ebay.com. Donot expect to get a resolution quickly.
Message 4 of 22
latest reply

My dear fellow powership sellers

Courier Updating pick up in their sytem/web site & reflecting in Ebay powership are not always in sync!!. sometimes the link does not work.

Once upon a time Long long ago, we used to have Aramex. One day Aramex orders were showing still RTS where as Bluedart & FEDEX  pick ups -ebay message and status change happend at the usual time -early morning 6.30am

After waiting for a few days & writing to powership, I started to click few times on the RTS>>>> Voila Staus changed  to Shipped .

From then onwards I usually get the status changed from RTS to Shipped (if the courier has indeed shipped )before midnight every day.!!!

Samestory for deivery also. From 7pm to 8pm we will get "delivered "message from FEDEX. Bluedart comes usually next day early morning.

After 11pm and I will start click all Shipped items one by one (also check delivery error /address incomplete etc stories written by courier )

usually another 30% will convert to "Delivered"

One more thing -To be fair to powership Team-In my case whenever I made a list of saturday orders shipped on Monday but not granted fast ship benefits- They have given me all/most of the time
of late I have no time, since Iam selling in many paltforms to make such  list and demand FAST SHIP BENEFITS FOR THE ORDERS  recceived on saturday after cut off time and shipped on Monday.

So Today I increased prices of all my products by rs 20-30 ( If I sell say 200 orders this month , I will compensate the loss in fast ship benefit loss)

Message 5 of 22
latest reply

The methodology for calculation of fast ship should be based on the time when the seller has marked the item ready to ship because Aramex courier will pick up the item same day but will not connect the shipment for 2-3 days and sometimes bluedart courier picks up the parcels and they are not connected next morning and when we call them regarding this they say their server was down so we could not ship the items, But who will convince ebay dictators regarding these problems where seller has no fault of his still he is facing the financial loss due to non performance their logistics partners. Our actual performance is 99% but they have calculated it as 74.95% and stopped fast ship discount.

There is no fixed powership charges on an item based on its actual weight sometimes they charge Rs.61.80 for an item and next time they charge Rs.123 for the same item, our profitable is seriously effected and confidence in ebay broken since we are working at very thin margins.

Other sites have fixed logistics cost based on the weight of the item and never fluctuates so the seller is assured about his margins on each sale

Ebay need to rethink this policy seriously, its becoming more of frustation to sell on ebay and our preference is going ot other more convenient sites.

Mr Latif Nathani should seriously consider these two points :

1.) Logistics cost for a product should be fixed and not fluctuate ( It is more dependent on how logistics partner will calculate i) and is different each time an order is completed

2.) Logisitc partners dont connect the shipment on time then why should seller suffer financially for that

Message 6 of 22
latest reply

I can feel the bitterness in many seroius High volume Powership sellers. This is unfortunate.

It is all the more serious when those sellers are selling now in 3-4 other platforms too.

Fast ship benefits based on RTS marked time only can lead to misuse.So that idea not workable.

As such I have problem on orders recievd on saturday (or the days before any holiday) They are shipped Monday or next Business day. They dont get Powership benefits unless we remind immediately once it is delivered and goes in to remittance Q.

This leads to Skewing the monthly performance. I already wrote to Mr Mukul.

Courier charging diferent days different prices for the same product is a problem.

PS should analyse this and make a fixed cost for all products based weight/volumetric weight .

PS benefits can be administered if more personnel devote time on  analysing Order placed/RTS'd /shipped time by the courier.

Message 7 of 22
latest reply

Very True. Ebay Just Trying To make money by deactivating fast ship disccount. 

Also Due to very low sales ebay I think ebay is not much profitable as it used to be on early days.

What do you think ?

Message 8 of 22
latest reply

Same here.

More worst is, we do not get reply from powership team and phone support is a joke.

Guy on powership phone supports gives only one reply " mail us we will look into matter"

If we were getting reply on emails why we will even call you.

Message 9 of 22
latest reply

We also got "FastShip discount deactivated" msg on 7th jan & we conveyed it to our packing staff.

We used to pass on ‘ebay FS discount’ to our packing and dispatch staff.  And in return they were more than happy to dispatch ebay orders on priority rather than amazon in or Snapdeal orders.

I just heard a staff member “abusing” ebay really bad for this, and that made me post here. LoL.

Let's see how this goes. we are not shipping ebay orders under 24hrs from 8th jan 14 untill we receive a good "excuse" from ebay. This is by the way never going to happen.

Message 10 of 22
latest reply