Why am I being asked to provide an ID when the amount is less than 500 ruppes

A payment of 500 rupees (minus 25.28 rupees paisapal fee) is being held because, according to ebay.in, I need to meet the KYC compliance and requirements which state the following (http://pages.ebay.in/help/paisapay/kyc-overview.html😞 

"Sellers who have received more than Indian Rs. 50,000/- through PaisaPay transactions have to complete additional verification (KYC). 

Further down it states that proof is required if the remittance through PaisaPal is equal or more than 30,000 rupees.

My amount is only 474.72 rupees. Why is this payment being held?  PaysaPal conviniently took it's 25.28 rupee fee from the buyer, but will not release what is owed to me to my Indian bank account.

I have called and been given the run around, cut off, and have not been given a reason why I need to privide an ID for such a small amount. 

I have had an account with PayPal U.S.A. for over 10 years and never have I had such ridiculous problems. Where on ebay.in or paisapal does it state that KYC is required for such small amounts?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)

Ask a Question