cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

anybody has tips and guides for selling on ebay for beginner like me.

2thefd
Community Member
has anybody got ideas and tips for selling on ebay .
i have not sold a single item since last 5 months,since i registered with ebay.in.

i have some amount to pay to ebay and i did not even sell an item.

i am in need of desperate help from ebay staff helpers or any ebay members for selling my stuff on ebay.in
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

2thefd
Community Member
selling on ebay
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Hi,
Well I would suggest you get a few stars first. 10 would be the ideal as it would allow you a lot of freedom while listing items.
I would say potential customers don't even look at the listings of sellers rated under 10.
You could start by buying items on Ebay. Lot of cheap and handy stuff available. You should leave feedback for sellers and then request feedback from them if they delay.
PLEASE remember, during all this time your listings should always be online. After getting to 30 or more you may wish to subscribe to your own store as well.
Take one step at a time, be very patient and hopeful as well.

Best Wishes

Shahnawaz
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

emailswarup
Community Member
Hi,
As suggested by bestofkashmir, you may try to get some +ve FBs by buying.
You may also try by listing products with marginal profit to build up a buyer base.
There are many ebay promotions and some of those are very useful to increase sales. .
Best Regards 😄
Swarup
Kolkata

Best Regards 😄
Swarup
Kolkata

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

mastersniper1
Community Member
This information may be of help to you:

http://reviews.ebay.co.uk/Selling-for-business-on-eBay-by-Sean-CoolNess_W0QQugidZ10000000000134866

You've yet to establish yourself as a seller. With so many sellers to choose from, most buyers will go with the more established ones. Of course, time will remedy that.
When I first started selling, I had several feedback under my belt from buying first. That might be a good idea, buy some inexpensive items (NOT recipes) just something that you can use and aren't expensive to build up your feedback a little. If people can see that you pay for auctions won, they will trust you a little more.
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

mastersniper1
Community Member
read ebay for dummies by marsh collier
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Hi brother,
My experience may be of help.When I listed my first 11 items,9 had bid on them.Looking back,I can say,I listed cheap with a very very low shipping cost of just Rs50.That did it.
My suggestion is ,you first get a PaisaPay button.Dont give a high shipping cost,because that is the first thing a buyer looks at.
Start with a low bid with no reserve, just to recover your costs.Sell cheap and build up your FB fast.
Some buyers prefer new sellers.So just have faith and do it.
Best of luck.
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 7 of 7
latest reply