Price of Stamps to be quoted?

aroradk55
Community Member
Hi! I have stock of rare old Stamps of various countries and would like to put them for sale on ebay. Can anybody suggest me what selling price should I quote? dk
dk
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Dear you can search for the similar item being sold on ebay and you'll get an idea of what price to quote for them !!

You need to research for the Stamps you want to sell do it on ebay india as well as on ebay.com

I hope my answers help.... :) "Lord, I have done many things wrong. I am guilty, but to show your goodness, forgive me for everything I did. When people choose to follow the Lord, he shows them the best way to live.”
·:*¨¨*:·.God·:*¨¨*:·.Bless·:*¨¨*:·.Us·:*¨¨*:·.All·:*¨¨*:·.
"Lord, I have done many things wrong. I am guilty, but to show your goodness, forgive me for everything I did. When people choose to follow the Lord, he shows them the best way to live.”
·:*¨¨*:·.God·:*¨¨*:·.Bless·:*¨¨*:·.Us·:*¨¨*:·.All·:*¨¨*:·.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Hi,
Nice meeting you. Please dont go by Gibbons. You may see listings in private auction sites as well, besides eBay. I once listed an Orange River used. Now some body wanted to buy that at Gibbon's price of Rs 8 INR.
Honestly speaking, that is the price of a small bottle of cold drink.
Definitely not an Orange river.
I removed that listing and loaded a pic of a Barbados farthing in my shop's logo for a few days. I dont think Gibbons has that, but I am not sure. Also I blocked that bidder. My price is my discretion. Ebay gives me that freedom. Nobody can dictate me as to my price.
So, please go by your own discretion and just have a look at the goodies the other guy beside you is selling.
Wish you good luck.
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

aroradk55
Community Member
Hi! Thanks for your valuable suggestions. dk
dk
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

mohitjojojacob
Community Member
you can always start out with a low figure such as 1 and let the market decide your stamp's worth. Generally, low opening bids seem to attract more bidders if the lot is of good value. Nevertheless, eBay is popular for bargain hunters who don't want to pay store prices, so having an opening bid that is too high won't produce results. Depending on what you have paid for a stamp, you can always post a reserve to protect your investment.

http://academystamp.com/stamps/worldcollections.html
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

aroradk55
Community Member
Hi mohitjojojacob! It was nice to seeyour website and your suggestions are quite helpful. Thanks. dk
dk
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

aroradk55
Community Member
Dear mohitjojojacob ,hello!I would like to take one advise from you. The collection of stamps I have is lying loose but in good condition. Do you think I should sort out country wise and stick them on a paper as I doubt if doing that t will lose their sale value?or what alternate you suggest? dk
dk
Message 7 of 7
latest reply