cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How to Verify PayPal account using VISA/ Mastercard/ AMEX Debit Card

Hello,
Some of the most acclaimed members have outrightly rejected the idea that a "DEBIT CARD CAN BE USED TO LIFT THE PAYPAL WITHDRAWAL LIMIT AND GET VERIFIED".
I dont have a Credit Card but ultimately I came to verify my PayPal account 2 months back.

You can, as an Indian, verify your PayPal account using your VISA Debit Card from a Bank that has the facility of generating Virtual Credit Cards (like HDFC bank's NetSafe Cards) for online shopping.
The procedure is like this:
1. Generate a new Virtual Credit Card (INR 100 would do).
2. Enter the Credit Card details in the "Add a Credit Card" option of your PayPal account.
3. Login to your Virtual Credit Card service (like Netsafe Login for HDFC users).
4. Check for Transaction (Txn) Details tab.
5. The card you added to your PayPal account will show the details something like PAYPAL*EXPUSE1234, where 1234 denotes the 4-digit number you have to enter in your PayPal account (called the Expanded Use number).

Once you have done all this, your payPal account will be verified and you shall be allowed to send and receive limitless amounts using PayPal.

I would like to mention that 'Verified' members of PayPal can withdraw funds by requesting a cheque(at least US$ 150) as and when they want. Delays in receiving payments in your PayPal account are NON-EXISTENT, thank God. PaisaPay can take weeks to clear Credit Card payments. PayPal tells you if a member is verified (which helps a lot in determining if the buyer is genuine!) or not.
Credit Card verification is also possible for people who can generate Virtual Credit Cards (in case they dont have a physical one) through NetBanking and then by entering the 'Expanded Use Number' which is available in the online statement for that Card.
PayPal payments can be withdrawn using cheque (US$ 5.0 per withdrawal) or using the third-party service at www.xoom.com (8 to 15 dollars for upto US$ 1000). Funds transferred using xoom.com can be deposited directly in your account in any of the 50 supported BANKS in India.
Please keep a copy of your address proof (same as in your xoom.com account) and ID proof handy; XOOM.com may ask you to email the same in case they wish to verify.

Best Wishes
Shahnawaz ๐Ÿ™‚
Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

shweta_store
Community Member
Dear sir
can you pls tell me if ICICI debit cards work with paypal
Message 2 of 16
latest reply

To verify using debit card, your Bank must allow you to make a Virtual Credit Card. You can then add that card to your PayPal account.

Regards
Message 3 of 16
latest reply

asia.mall
Community Member
well none of the debit card issued by any bank of india will work with paypal,
i have tested each and every debit card as i am having more than 7 national and international bank account,

now for this purpose i have found a solution for all the ebay users,
just check my item number 280139524527
this service is tested and works very well with all the online shopping and verification,
hope this also works for u.
regards
Renu
Message 4 of 16
latest reply

asia.mall
Community Member
well none of the debit card issued by any bank of india will work with paypal,
i have tested each and every debit card as i am having more than 7 national and international bank account,

now for this purpose i have found a solution for all the ebay users,
just check my item number 280139524527
this service is tested and works very well with all the online shopping and verification,
hope this also works for u.
regards
Renu
Message 5 of 16
latest reply

sundarsmart
Community Member
Where to Find the Transaction or TXN tab on the netsafe
Nothing like that.
Message 6 of 16
latest reply

Yes, sorry I have missed it. The following line should come after S No: 3.

3b. Click on the "All Accounts/Services" link once you have logged into your Netsafe account.
Message 7 of 16
latest reply

nakshtragemsandjewellery60
Community Member
Dear Sir/Madam,
Your information was very usefull to me but I have some other doubts about paypal.I wish to know as to how much time it takes to receive the payment from paypal in the form of cheque here in India and then how much time it will take for that cheque to encash.You have also mentioned in your reply that using www.xoom.com Indian seller can receive payment in their bank account.Is STATE BANK OF INDIA and Punjab natonal bank is supported by www.xoom.com
I also wish to know weater an Indian seller can use paypal logo and check out facility in their discription of the items.Thanks
Message 8 of 16
latest reply

asknoffer
Community Member
Thank you very much for sharing your kind and useful information for paypal verification.

I really thanks you again for the same.

Thanks!
Message 9 of 16
latest reply

hi Shahnawaz,

thanks a lot for the valuable info. i have a doubt i want to ask.

Will this method work if i am the buyer also? because if i buy something using paypal, then how will paypal charge me? the virtual card will not get validated after one-time use. -- Signature: I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.
-- Signature: I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.
Message 10 of 16
latest reply