CAN I PAY ON DELIVERY OF ITEM

yuks1351
Community Member
HI FOLKS, LAST WEEK THERE WAS A FRONT PAGE NEWS OF CREDIT CARD FRAUD IN EBAY. ONE GUY POSED BOTH AS BUYER AND SELLER AND USED THE CREDIT CARD NUMBERS OF OTHER EBAY CUSTOMERS AND THE CASE IS WITH ECONOMIC OFFENCES WING OF CHENNAI POLICE. IN FUTURE, I DONT WANT TO USE MY CREDIT CARD OR SEND OTHER BANK TRANSACTIONS BUT TO PAY UPON DELIVERY. IS IT POSSIBLE?
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

rishabh_iitk2001
Community Member
Dear Yuks1351,
Some seller allow Cash On Delivery (COD) as payment option. You need to clarify it with the seller before you bid for the item.
I hope the information helps.
Cheers, 🙂

Rishabh
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

snrama
Community Member
Dear yuks1351,

Most of the sellers don't accept Cash on Delivery payments above Rs.500/-.

One of the reason is electronic goods are not accepted at Indian Postal Services.

But few sellers do offer COD. Before committing to purchase, clarify with your seller. ---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) 😉
---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) 😉
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

emailswarup
Community Member
Hi,

Before you bid on the item check if Cash on Delivery is accepted by the seller for your location. Some sellers even offer "Buyer Picks up and Pays" mode of delivery where you can check the item before paying. Such a delivery mode is useful when you are from the same city. The best is to contact the seller to know the possibility and the details of such delivery. .
Best Regards 😄
Swarup
Kolkata

Best Regards 😄
Swarup
Kolkata

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

indconcepts
Community Member
Dear yuks1351,

Hello,

There are not many Sellers who offer COD.

So, if COD is your only option then you have limited Items to choose from.

Buying though Credit card is quite safe.

Just look at the benefits of paying through Credit Card via PaisaPay....

Traceable

Immediate & convenient

Payment is deposited directly into the seller's account

Pay directly from the item listing page

Secure: Sellers don't see your credit card number (it is safely encrypted).

Automatic payment tracking.

Covered under eBay Standard Purchase Protection Program.

Also that the Credit Card purchases are protected by Card Companies too.

Just protect the last three digits (after 16 digits) of your card so that no one mis-uses it.

Umang Midha .

IndConcepts logo7

http://stores.ebay.in/IndConcepts

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

snrama
Community Member
Hi,

As said by Umang, Paying through Credit Card is the safest.

The product will also be delivered soon since it will be shipped via couriers or speed post.

Cash On Delivery will be normally shipped with VPP and it doesn't reach you soon.

So don't worry and go ahead with the credit card. ---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) 😉
---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) 😉
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Hi,
Credit card is the easiest and safest way to pay for auctions.
1. If you pay cash there is no record.
2. If you pay by Money order , still there is not much record and it is hard to prove and even harder to get the money back.
3.Personal cheques...you can trace which account it went to, still cannot claim the money back.
4 COD can be a cumbersome process. Most sellers hate it and your choices will be limited. And also seller can send you a faulty item and you pay when it is delivered to find an item which is not working. You are left with no choice to claim your money back.

Credit cards, if you pay through paisa pay you are not giving your number out and you are protected by ebay.
Also if anything goes wrong you can do a charge back from your credit card company and you are also protected by insurance which comes along with your credit card against unauthorized transactions.
If you want to really avoid credit cards, the best option is to use Paisapay debit card facality. When you are trying to pay, you are taken to your bank's internet banking interface, where you can login only if you type in your internet banking ID which will not be transmitted to anyone , ( not even paisa pay).

I have been doing ebay since 1998 and have used so many different credit card processors including Paypal, ebay, money bookers , Nochex , Bidpay, Paisapay, PPPpay. As long as you are Prudent, there is no way you lose money on Ebay or any other ecommerce sites.
Regards
Onesimpleman
Classfeed.com
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

abe-guy
Community Member
I have bought & sold on eBay now for over 5 years, I have 406 100% Positive Feedback. I accept only Paypal, as the seller, I see nothing but the buyers delivery address and the fact that Paypal has received and depoisterd into my Paypal account the funds. As a buyer, the seller get only my address and the fact that Paypal received my payment. What's the problem?
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

masterbeautyinstrumentszahid
Community Member
heya ! i want to sell stuff on ebay.
the only thing irritating me is delivery/shipment charges.
Lets say i sell a product worth 20$ , andi want to ship product from canada to australia , if i offer free delivery then my profit would be all cut down due to high delivery charges.
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

swarupdjsanjay
Community Member
I'm new in ebay for seance 2013,I want some antics to buy on ebay,is it safe for buying any antics collection from ebay?I want to buy as a cash on delivery process,but its not possible for any antic collection,somebody can help me for buying antics in this ebay or any other sites,please.I dont trust on paypal or even any bank transfer prosses,i think its very risky.I want only cash on delivery,please help me some body....How to find any saler for antic who will sale in cash on delivery proess?
Message 10 of 10
latest reply