system of refund approval

Hello Ebay Team,

This is regarding the approval of refund request by ebay.

After the revision of delivery deadline to 7 days from 10 days, the refund request has increased. It was assured by by ebay that the customer care will interact proavtively with the buyers as well as sellers before approval of a refund request. But it seems that is not happening. Most of the refund requests are getting automatically approved by the system. In some cases there is a call from ebay to confirm, but not all. Is there any criteria regarding the amount etc for automatically approval of the refund request?

many times the buyers get the items after raising the refund request. Some of them are not aware how to cancel refund request. I have a case in point. paisapay id - 30198035521. The buyer received the item after raising refund request. I tried to contact him to request him to cancel the refund request. His phone was switched off. So I sent him an emnail. I also sent email to paisapaypod to put the refunbd request on hold. However the next day the refund was approved automatically by the system. there was no call from ebay regarding the same. Later the buyer replied to my email that he has sent email to ebay customer service to cancel the refund request. Clearly he was not aware about the procedure to cancel the refund request. I cannot even inform him as his phone was switched off. what should a seller do?
Above is just an instance. Another instance is where ebay called me to confirm the refund request. Since the amount was small ( Rs. 199), I just asked if they have called the customer and confirmed whether he has still not received the item, to which the executive replied YES. So I asked him to go ahead and refund. Later I checked online tracking which showed that the item has been delivred. I tried to contact the buyer, but his phone no mentioned was 99999999899. PAISAPAY ID IS 30146168662. Clearly the ebay executive could not have spoken to him on this no. So she lied and I lost the money.
I suggest a change in the refund policy. Refund request should not be entertained to customers whose contact nos are incorrect. When customers raise refund request, they should be sent an email automatically stating that the rfund request will not be entertained if their contact no is incorrect. So they should update it immediately.
Its good to provide nice experience to the customers as this will lead to more sales, but at the same times its not right to be blind to plight of the sellers in situations like these. I hope someone responsible is reading this at ebay. Thank You.
Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

This is the email i sent to ebay today. Its self explanatory. I hope someone responsible at ebay is reading the same.

Hello,

Paisapay ID - 31106560910

Inspite of me requesting to put the refund on hold 3 days back, no action was taken by ebay and the refund was approved by system today. The online tracking clearly shows that the item has been delivered.

When I tried to contact the buyer today someone else spoke to me and informed that the buyer is not available to talk to and that he will call me back. This inspite of the fact that I have requested him earlier to cancel the refund request , which he didnโ€™t.

I donโ€™t know whatโ€™s the system at ebay and who will be responsible for loss to the seller under these circumstances. This has not happened for the first time and there has been no reply from ebay for emails for issues like these.

Regards,

Vineet.

My previous email to ebay 3 days back for this issue -

From: Ebay India Shop - Ink Shop India [mailto:inkshopindia@gmail.com]
Sent: 14 April 2012 21:23
To: 'ebay@ebay.in'
Cc: 'eBay India Customer Support paisapaypod'
Subject: RE: Refund request initiated for PaisaPay ID 31106560910.

Hi,

Item has been delivered to the buyer subsequent to raising if refund request. Online tracking also confirms the same. I have requested the buyer to cancel the refund request but no action has been taken till now. Please speak to the buyer and cancel the Refund request.

Regards,

Vineet.
Ink-shop-india
Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Another Case - Paisapay Id - 31135555693

It has been 2 days since I wrote to ebay for putting this refund on hold as the customer has received the item and the same has been confirmed from him over phone.

No action yet has been taken. MAy be after 3 more days, the refund will be automatically approved by the system.

So now anyone can raise a refund claim and get back their money, because, even if the seller appeals against it, no action is taken by ebay and the refund is automatically approved.....may not be all but in many of the cases. Seems eBay is seriously short of manpower to carry on these functions. Anyone listening.....???
Message 3 of 14
latest reply

May be responsible people at eBay doe not realise that these incidents are demotivating serious sellers to scale up their business on ebay.

In India SAB KUCH CHALTA HAI.....and ebay india is no different..
Message 4 of 14
latest reply

@ink-shop-india...

Shortage of man power is not the issue here, the issue here is about the motive of ebay behind this change.

If you have realised that ebay very cunningly removed the facility of sending emails from its website without any intimation of any sort to ebay users, my question is why was this move done is a secretive manner. The answer is obvious that ebay has some ulterior motive behind behind it and this is clearly established in your case. If mails are sent via the website then we had proof that the mail was indeed sent as a copy would be present in our ebay mail outbox but now this is done away with so now ebay very shamelessly says "email not received" or "email not sent by you, you are telling lies."

Why should a reputed MNC like ebay resort to such gimmicks and underhand tactics to cheat the sellers is beyond my understanding. Even I am a victim of a similar case like yours.

Please read this mail quickly as nowadays ebay deletes all my postings saying that it is not as per their forum rules. What has happened to freedom of free speech in India ???
StopandShop
Message 5 of 14
latest reply

2011sahana
Community Member
Dear Ebay Team,

Sub: This is regarding the Non payment for the
already bid item from the Purchasers.

As I have seen more than 4 to 5 cases in my small duration of business with ebay.I would like to know the exact action the ebay is taking for non payers. The buyers will bid the item and after many days also they don't pay and they loss interest in purchasing the item, they don't even respond to the questions or email from the sellers. So Later we have no alternative but to accept a final value fee credit to our Seller account which is very nominal compared to the transaction amount in that bid case (Lossing our Listing Fee Also again for that item as we have to relist the item). So anyone help out this mess of Bidding and NOT PAYING or not respnding to the Seller. This is a grave disorder in the ebay system if it is so. So the system should be made strict so that No Bidder shall Bid unnecessarily without the intension of purchasing the Item. When he clicks on the Bid Button of the Item he has to purchase it at any cost or else he should not click the Bid Button, he can only watch or view the item. Please make it a strict rule to all the purchasing members that if they bid any item they have to purchase that item without fail or else a severe punishment or penalty amount should be (Negative)placed in their ebay account and their account should be blocked from further transactions on ebay Website itself.

Please Look in to the Matter and help the Sellers in this regard.
Message 6 of 14
latest reply

there was a guarantee claim from buyer for item not received. paisapay Id - 31846215079

I shipped another unit to the buyer through DTDC and the same was delivered more than a week back.

Now today I got an email from Saraswati S. of claims team that since the tracing no given by me (first shipment) does not show the item as deliverd, the claim has been approved in favour if the buyer.

She didnt contact either me or the buyer to ask whether the issue has been resolved or not.

Next time there is a claim, I will not try to resolve it. I will wait for ebay to just refund the money to the buyer and let the buyer think that goods purchased on ebay are not delivered hence its a waste of time.

Hope someone responsible at ebay is reading this and will take suitable action against such irresponsible and immature claim settlement executives.
Message 7 of 14
latest reply

maheshrb2012
Community Member
Dear Ebay Team,

My order was returned back to seller due to some courier problem, so I need to refund my cash.

transaction details for PaisaPay ID 32083051775
Message 8 of 14
latest reply

As expected, I havent received any reply to my email to the claim settlement executive. Keep it up EBay India.
Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Dear eBay Team,

When you approve a claim for a buyer, please inform the seller through email at least that the claim has been approved. I know that there is little a seller can do if ebay approves a claim arbitrarily, without considering the seller's point of view, but at least keep them informed. a seller may not be able to check his remittance details to know such approved claims which has been deducted from his remittance.

Refer paisapay id - 32092085749 & 32081932101.

In the above, in one case (32081932101), I was touch with the buyer and was going to send him another piece as the parcel he has received was empty. Luckily i checked my last remittance and was surprised to find that the money has been deducted from my account due to claim by buyer. Had I shipped the item again, I would have lost the item and money both.

Also give some regards to the sale terms and conditon put up by the seller. If a seller has clearly mentioned that "do not accept the parcel if its damaged or empty, otherwise no claims will be entertained" , then why do you approve the claim of the buyer who has received an empty parcel and signed the courier receipt? If still you have to approve it for good customer experience, then keep a separate fund. why deduct from a seller's hard earned money?
Message 10 of 14
latest reply