money waste on return with courier

soniahoper
Community Member
hello
this is very disappointing that if product gets defected in warranty period then we have to send it back to seller even if the product costs 135 rs we will cost it 40rs in courier one time is fine but its not fair for more . there is only one way to solve this problem the warranty should be given to buyer's city so that he/she can easily approach there for repair.

I have purchased item from Delhi but i am living in Ludhiana how can i send it more then two times if product stop working?
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

gspr7740
Community Member
eBay Guarantee* Buyer Protection Coverage Limit

For transactions where payment was made using PaisaPay, Maximum up to Transaction amount (item price + shipment cost) paid for by the buyer to the seller. Transaction done post 7 Aug 2011, where the purchase was made through non PaisaPay Payment mode like Demand draft or cheque or other payment modes which are acceptable as per (eBay acceptable payment method) will be protected up to INR 10,000 (Rupees Ten Thousand Only).

In case of an “Item not as described dispute” the buyer will be required to send the item back to seller. In such cases, eBay will, on a best effort basis provide additional assistance to the Buyer to return the shipment back to Seller. This shall apply only for shipments received in India and those which are to be returned to a location in India. In such cases, eBay may provide the Buyer an option to return the item to seller through a courier company engaged by eBay. If the Buyer chooses to return the item to seller through such courier company, the Buyer shall not be required to pay any courier charge(s) to the eBay engaged courier company at the time of such return.

However, Buyer may choose not to return the item through the courier company engaged by eBay or in the event the location of the Buyer is not serviced by the courier company engaged by eBay, then the Buyer may make his own arrangements to return the item to the Seller at the Buyer’s own cost. The Buyer shall retain and provide eBay a valid proof of delivery of such shipment.

CHECK THIS
http://pages.ebay.in/help/ebay-guarantee.html#non
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@gspr7740...

What you have stated is valid only ONCE and that too within 30 days of purchase if "ebay guarantee" is invoked. ebay will not pay for return every time the product goes defective.

The buyer above has a completely different issue wherein he has had a problem more than ONCE with the working of the item and he is not prepared to ship the item back to the seller at his own cost to claim warranty.

Yes the item cost is Rs.135/- only and the buyer wants 1 yr warranty on the item and that too in his own state, probably somewhere near his house. This can happen only on ebay.
StopandShop
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

puneet49
Community Member
PaisaPay ID 32435629507 AND MY PRODUCT IS NOT WORKING I HAVE TRIED TO FILL THE REFUND BUT FAIL NOW WHT CAN I DO............PLS HELP ME
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

puneet49
Community Member
I WANT MY MONY BACK
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

eprai-0
Community Member

Asus Zenfone 5 A501CG ( Gold,2GB/8GB/1.6GHz) + 6 Months Manufacturer Warranty