cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

customer support is not helping to get my money back

ranjitnayak_007
Community Member
I return the item which was faulty, but still didnt get any money from the seller or no body from customer support is responding my emails.

If i bid anything, then i get calls saying you have won the item and to pay it. But to get the money back if it is faulty.

I need serious action against this.

Or ebay is fraud......
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Dear Ranjit,

I understand you are facing a very unpleasant situation and I agree that eBay customer support rarely gives any sensible answers in situations such as this.

What you can do is to file a SNAD case (Significantly Not as Described). When you do this, eBay Resolution Center will ask you to provide the return shipping details ensuring that you have shipped your item to the seller. Once you do this, you will receive the refund of your payment in 10 to 14 days.

You can also leave a negative feedback against the seller if they do not co-operate. If the seller is suspended by eBay, then your payment will be refunded faster.

Lastly, you can also file a complaint in 'Small Cases Court' against the seller providing all the details of your purchase and the payment.

You need to be patient as well as alert. You will receive your money back.

eBay is just like a market. In a market there are hundreds of shops. If one shopkeeper cheats you, it doesn't mean that the market is bad. eBay has more honest sellers then dishonest ones. In future, before you make a purchase, don't just look at the item and the price tag, but also look at these details of the seller:

1. Feedback score (The number of feedback and not just the percentage. Remember a seller with 1 feedback can also have 100% feedback score)
2. How long the seller is on eBay - Their date of registration
3. Current Month Feedback gained
4. Negative Feedback, if any
5. Read the reason why they got a negative feedback, if any

Click the user ID of the seller to know all these details.

Please don't loose faith in eBay. It has better sellers than most of the offline market places.

Kind Regards,
Mustufa
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

ranjitnayak_007
Community Member
Thank you for your reply. But befoer i received the item, seller was sending message personally saying that if you dont put positive feedback 5 star, then you will get warranty or longer warranty. It was just like blackmailing. Though it was faulty, i put positive feedback as he said. He said just put positive feedback and i will look into this matter.

Now let us c what is happening. I just wanted ebay's help showing the details to get my money back. but u say case is closed and cannot be done anything.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

You can file a SNAD case till 45 days of the date of sale. Even if you have left a postive feedback, you can still file a SNAD case.

A genuine seller on eBay would never force a buyer to put a positive feedback. This is called Feedback Extrortion and if you report to eBay, the seller's account may be restricted or suspended.

You can put a follow-up comment to the Feedback.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply