Want to know about Nigerian & African Orders

baazee-superstore
Community Member
Hi everybody I have one doubt and I would like to ask you guys if you can help me, See almost every day I receive these Orders where the Buyer wants the shipping in Nigeria or say Africa and all of them promise to pay by BID PAY OF WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER now I have heard a lot about these Orders being Fraud by eBay has never told us how and exactly what will be the fraud like, Like say for e.g. if some seller is going to ship any order on eBay he only does after receiving the full payment from the Buyer so even in this case he seller is only going to ship the Item after the full credit of he WESTERN UNION CHEQUE gets credited in his account so here I am little confused that if the seller gets the full payment then how can he be defrauded.

I want EBay and my fellow sellers who have been the victim of this fraud please explain me and the other sellers about their experience with these orders so that the picture becomes 100% clear on the minds of eBay sellers

Regards
Madhu Uppal
Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Want to know about Nigerian & African Orders

rgupta3
Community Member
Hi Madhu,

I have not been a victim of Nigerian scam, but I did manage to save myself.

The process adopted by the Nigerians is as follows -

(1) They will bid on your item as the highest bidder.

(2) In few hours you would receive an email with the message that they need this item for some one or some reason in Nigeria. The reasons could be many and unique.

(3) They will ask you to tell them the shipping charges from Fed Ex or UPS or some large courier company which offers tracking of items shipped.

(4) Once you send them the total cost to them including the shipping charges, they will reply that your money will be sent using Western Union money order or some other money order.

(5) you will then receive a fake email from Western Union or other payment company saying that you have received money via money order. But to recive the money order physically, you have to ship the item first and send Western Union the tracking number.

(6) Now if you ship the item and then report teh tracking number, you will never get any money as the email never came from Western Union company, but was a fake email generated by some one in Nigeria.

(7) So, you lose your item, you lose your shipping cost amd you get nothing.

Hope this helps all.

rgupta3

Message 2 of 2
latest reply