Trouble with Feedback on eBay

tecniq
Community Member
We have recieved just 2 -ve feedbacks on ebay and both are very much unfair !!

Case 1: puranikprasad

Comment: The mobile I purchased was not charging. it was not a good piece

We promptly sent a new charger and the matter should have been resolved. But upon receiving the charger the buyer started demending a USB cable (not offered in the bundled items in the listing) else he would not take back the rating.

We reported this to ebay but they were unable to remove the feedback comment under their policy. Squaretrade will cost me Rs 1500 to get the rating reviewed.

Case 2:

Buyer: coolbuddy_akash01

Comment: can't pay for that item for reason of payment detail but seller gave me strike

The buyer never contacted us nor did he pay for the product. When we left a strike he left a negative rating. I called him but he demanded a Positive rating and removal of the strike before he decides to remove the ratings.

Please help Me !!

Regards

Moreover these fedback comments are condidered as Dispute by ebay and later we sellers are asked to provide proof that the buyer is satisfied and the matter is resolved before our suspended ids are resinstated. How can we sell with confidence in such condition. Soem time back i was suspended with Rs 50000 stuck in Paisa Pay. Luckily i was abel to get by account reinstated on time.
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

snrama
Community Member
Dear tecniq,

Some times it happens (regarding case 1). Try convicing your buyer that the datacable is not included in the product as per the description.

I suggest that solving the matter with buyer is better than going to third party.

On Case 2, If the buyer has not responded to your Dispute, then eBay will remove the feedback. But in your case, I feel he has been responded to the UPI Dispute. But here you are lucky as the you both have agreed for mutual withdraw.

I suggest you to leave neutral feedbacks for the buyers who don't make the payment. This will be a safe play till a level. ---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) 😉
---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) 😉
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

emailswarup
Community Member
Hi,

In India some people are still very casual about feedback and some do try to blackmail.

I think for Indian operations its better to ease the yardsticks for withdrawing feedback unilaterally by eBay. There are numerous instances where a seller gets undue -ve feedback or the buyer receives a -ve even after getting cheated. For such issues its better that eBay grants unilateral withdrawal, free of cost.

I am not a Square trade member so can't get into the details. Just want to say that spending Rs.1500 thru Square trade is too costly for a major portions of the Indian deals. To an American spending US$32 (~Rs.1500) gives an impact something like spending Rs.300-350 for us. The exchange rate does not mean that the impact is the same for equivalent amount from country to country, after all a glass of coke does not cost us Rs.50.
Hope eBay will consider on its FB withdrawal policy in the near future. .
Best Regards 😄
Swarup
Kolkata

Best Regards 😄
Swarup
Kolkata

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

isismobiles
Community Member
The mentality of ebay is that a seller to maintain his reputation once in a while needs to spend 1500 un necessarily.

I dont think sellers in us gain 3000+ve ratings without even a single negative. Some time or the other they have to use services of square trade.

Still buyers here are very careless. Thats right. They do not contact you before leaving a feedback.
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Hi Swarup,
I agree with you...Amitava
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

snrama
Community Member
Hi isismobiles,

Glad to see you again on the boards. I totally agree with you. Some Indian Buyers make purchases for fun and leave negative and don't pay. Some buyers don't communicate well.

Good Communication always play a role to avoid negatives from the genuine buyers.

A suggestion to all:

The best thing is to do reply the exact reason to the neutral / negative feedback's. Also if the buyer pays and gives you negative, give them positive and accept that your product or seller service with the particular transaction is not up to the mark. Try your best to convince your buyer to withdraw the negative. ---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) 😉
---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) 😉
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

snrama
Community Member
Hi Swarup, Amitava

I also agree with both of you. ---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) 😉
---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) 😉
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Dear Navaneeth,
You are probably 100% correct.The buyer mounts my stone on her ring and then gives -ve saying it was of less weight.I listed that as easy to buy ,meaning full refund or exchange.She knows english.I also have my stones.Not just stone chips.Real gem stones.You mount that stone on your ring and throw an allegation from Delhi.I already given you a +ve for paying.Now you throw dirt on me.Do you think its fair?What Happens after MFW?Just nothing.The text remains for all to see.Get one point thats all.
Other prospective buyers see that and retracts bid.Yes ,retract bid even after paying through PaisaPay.You just have a notification of payment.But the cart and Rs has lost the color.
Its better not to go for MFW.I am no criminal.This has happened to me earlier also.The buyer gave -ve under a false pretext without paying.Afterwards bought my item.Completed MFW.And the text remains for all to see.
I understand one thing.My goods have quality.The buyer is not doing me a favour by withdrawing FB.It is recognition of the quality of my gemstones.No favour at all.He is rather afraid to face the truth.
I am sorry for talking so much.I am feeling sad.Just the pain of it all.
You guys are young.You have a long way to go..,,Truly,,Amitava
Message 8 of 8
latest reply