Pathetic EBAY CUstomer Care!

Pathetic ebay customer service.

Placed a wrong order and wanted to cancel immediately.

Informed the seller immediately.

The seller has been ignorant since. Called the seller 5 times but to no avail.

Everytime they said that it will be cancelled but today, the wrong item has been shipped.

Had raised a ebay guarantee claim. Ebay has been silent in indifferent to the numerous calls made to their long waitlisted call centres.

The call support reps. are very rude and arrogant.

Today, a rep named Riya at around 15:45 hrs, actually disconnected the call when I told her that the earlier rep Vishal had muted the call instead of transferring to the claims department.

When an answer was demanded, she simply got furious announcing that I am being 'arrogant' and simply DISCONNECTED the call!!

The Ebay Guarantee is not helping me at all. Very disappointed with Ebay India. Will never ever think of shopping on it.

Summary of calls to Ebay:

6/11/13 Sachin 2:30 pm ebay transferred to claims

Mahesh Aggarwal answered from claims(14:44)

Promised call back Mukesh Vanian to call in an hour

No call till today

Vishal 3:35 pm placed on mute Called ebay care again Riya : disconnected the call

called again, after a long wait, finally on hold for the last 15 mins at the claims dept.

/Vaibhav Singh

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

The guy from the claims department named Irfan has just placed me on mute or something while i was explaining to him why the ebay claim was raised at the first place and what is the error that ebay claims team is making.

Disgusting!!

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Finally, Irfan disconnects the call!

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Hi,

Things like this happens with many people, But there is nothing to worry, if u don't want the item and want your money back then just deny to accept the parcel and it will be returned to the seller and you will get your money back 🙂

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Please excuse my ignorance but most of the customers i'm sure would not be aware of this fact and neither will they appreciate such a solution to a straightforward alternative.

You don't leave a broker pillar in the palace and then wait for it to collapse before the whole building could be erected again.

I hope that explains what I mean.

Anyway, you actually experience the true service/quality when you fall in need of it. Otherwise, every Tom, Dick and Harry can sell online.

And moreover, my issue is NOT with the seller, but the eBay customer care itself.

No doubt it is pathetic.

The last time I experience such a pather customer care and worse representatives at Reliance, almost 5 years back!

Thanks,

Goodbye to eBay.. its my policy now not to shop at ebay.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply