cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Lifeline -treadmill manual foldable run jogger machine 4 home gym fitness

To start with, I had booked the item on 22 Feb 16 and paid upfront for the same. Then I started tracking the delivery schedule. To my surprise, there was no update on the Courier's (Gati) platform beyond 23/24 Feb 16. Then suddenly, on 29 Feb 16, the tracker mentioned that the item was out for delivery. I had to make arrangements accordingly to receive the item. Even on the day of delivery, there was no communication either from eBay or from the seller or the courier. The courier company took it for granted that the buyer would be waiting at home indefinitely on all days at all times to answer the door bell for the courier guys.This complete lack of communication was very surprising by any standards.

The item was delivered on 29 Feb evening. The cardboard box that the machine came in was torn/broken at a few places which I noticed and photographed in the presence of the delivery guy. I decided to overlook this and had to open the box to view and inspect the contents.

After unpacking, I found the following deficiencies/defects:

- the machine is made up of shining steel like metal parts many of which have deep scratch marks and the shine has rubbed off the surface. I found in one particular part a deep dent also. For a new and unused machine (as claimed), this is unusual

- one particular black plastic piece is broken into pieces which I found inside the box. It's not possible to ascertain from the fragments what the original piece was like

- the nuts and bolts are of very low quality and I found that they don't fit properly to tighten and keep the parts together. One particular piece of a bolt had a fine metal wire protruding from the inside thread which cut my finger

- the packing box did not have any inventory of items packed inside and it's not possible to know how many pieces of what were inside the box. I also don't know if the nuts and bolts supplied are sufficient for the fitting purpose

- the box has a screw driver like tool which, because of its shape, hurts when used

- I don't know what other problems will crop up after fixing the parts

I immediately invoked eBay guarantee, wanted a refund and spoke with your executive. The details are as follows:

Claim ID:1751905, PaisaPay ID:41965670060, Item number:251515727829

This being my first interaction with eBay (my expeirences with Amazon and Flipkart have been satisfactory, so far), I hoped that the matter would get resolved satisfactorily asap. But it didn't. I had to write many more mails and send messages with photos of the defective items. I also spoke to the Suppliers. I believe it's now a tussle between the Supplier and the Courier who are blaming each other and in the bargain, I keep waiting hopelessly for justice.

I have also been interacting with eBay who would always answer with a templated response that a feedback will be sent withing 4 days.

Trust that the management team of eBay will take note of the situation and arrange for a satisfactory resolution without any further loss of time and good will.
Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0