cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It is unfortunate to have the multiple items published with same model number on e-bay platform

It is unfortunate to have the multiple items published with same model number on e-bay platform leading to confusion in purchasing items. For instance, in the recent past I purchased an item - Rechargeable battery with model no. NP-FH50.

These items with same model number (NP-FH50) are different in specification. If any e-bay user places an order based on model number he'll be put under trouble like me. Generally model numbers of items are fixed unique based on their characteristics/features/specification. In other words, the items having same model number should possess same characteristics, specification and application compatibility.

It is NOT FOUND in my above case of purchase. The NP-FH50 model batteries have two different specifications with different voltages and mwh capacities resulted in unmatching to my Sony camcorder (model DSR-60E) .  

This further may lead to wrong placing of the order for which many e-bay users like me have to bear the brunt.

Hope e-bay find a solution for this so that its users may not see such situation in future.
regards,
B N Reddy

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

It is unfortunate to have the multiple items published with same model number on e-bay platform

That is not ebay's fault. When you as a buyer buys on ebay consider that the seller is moron but you must have full knowledge of what you want and whether you are getting that from the proposed seller.

As a rule you should only buy from one who knows his products well.

You cannot expect ebay to run after 1000's of sellers and check the authenticity of each listing, come on be practical.

(FH50 will have only one specification, yes current capacity may vary according to various brands but voltage will always remain the same, that cannot change).

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Thank you for response. I have noticed the published FH50 model having shown two different voltages.. one is 6.8 V & the other one 7.2V ( unfortunately after the purchase done it was noticed )
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

not necesirly,  its always not true that the model number represent the unique data about a product.

there are cases where the model number , image & specifications of the products published by the manufacturer is not same as the product in market.

We also have come across some in the past.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply