How do we cancel a bidded item?

sital_sahu
Community Member
Hi

I and my friends are really crazy about ebay and its products. However, i have a request, can you guide us how to cancel a particular bidded item. For any reason, unintentionally, if we decide not to go for the item, what would be a convinent procedure. I dont want to loose this account in any case.

Thanks
sital
Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

How do we cancel a bidded item?

indraneel@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello Sital (sital_sahu),

Firstly, I'd like to welcome you on our community boards and thank you for taking out your precious time to post on this forum :-). We are glad to know that you and your frinds are passionate about eBay and we hope that the same only grows ;-). However, having said that I'd like to also request you to treat bidding on an item with alot of seriousness and this might have implications on your account if not being fulfiled.

To your query on whether you are allowed to cancel or retract a bid, I'd be more than happy to state that yes there is a way to do this.

To start with, whether you can retract your bid or not depends on the following factors:

1. Why you are retracting your bid?
  2. When your bid was placed and when the listing ends?

You can retract a bid as long as there are more than 12 hours left before the listing ends. When you do this, all your previous other bids will also be eliminated. Be sure to bid again if you are correcting a bidding error that you made. Please contact the seller to request that your bid be canceled. However, it is up to the seller's discretion whether to cancel your bid.

We would encourage you to read more on this topic and be aware of our 'Bid Retraction' policy.

Keep Posting!!

Thanks & Regards,
Indraneel
Message 2 of 2
latest reply