Fake and Counterfeit Products

rajatkishore
Community Member
I had bought item no. 170225212312 from Strops_hub - Speedo swimming trunks under a bid for Rs 50.01 with a shipping charge of Rs 200/-. The product is a fake and is available in the market for Rs 150-200/=. The selling price has been recovered in the delivery cost and the bid is all net extra profit by cheating people. Bad first experience, will never buy a product online. Touch and feel is always better.
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

indraneel@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello rajatkishore,

We are disappointed to hear about your unpleasant experience on eBay.in. I wish to reiterate the fact that eBay strives to takes all the necessary steps possible to protect its buyers from unpleasant experiences. We request you to kindly contact the seller through ‘Ask seller a question’ link on the item page that you have won and raise your concerns. We hope that the same would be addressed by and in case you still feel that your concerns remain unresolved we request you to follow the Buyer Protection Program. To know more click here.

We have specific policies that do not allow any counterfeits, unauthorized replicas or unauthorized items (such as counterfeit watches, handbags, or other accessories) on eBay.in. We thank you for pointing out the possibility of suspected item. We urge you to proactively report the same using Contact Us in the future instances.

However, at eBay we try to safeguard the intellectual property rights in all categories, and verify that sellers have the right to sell the millions of items they post on eBay each day and we need your help in identifying such listings which do not appear on their face to infringe the property rights.

Let me reiterate eBay doesn’t allow any counterfeits or Illegal / unauthorized copies of software and we urge members to proactively report any such listings for appropriate action.

I hope the above information was helpful and addresses your concerns.

Regards,
Indraneel
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

rajatkishore
Community Member
"A NEGATIVE FEEDBACK FOR OFFERING YOU TO RETURN A USED ITEM.THAT IS ETHICAL HUH!!!" - This is the response, I have got from the seller who is offering to take the product back. I have used the item and only then I realised that the product is fake as the logo in the costume that I wore was different from other people's acc. This is when I checked from the Internet and confirmmed that the product is a fake. The seller strops_hub is cheating people and talking about ethics. I will now have to spend Rs 50 sending the product back to him. What do I do?
Message 3 of 3
latest reply