Ebay's GEB - A WASTE OF TIME!!!

pheona-shrek
Community Member
Hi Vasundhara / Ambareesh:

I’m one of your not so happy customers & my ebay user ID: pheona-shrek. I’ve been transacting on Ebay since last 2 years now & was pretty satisfied until I transacted on GEB on 18th Oct’09. I did this transaction (Paisapay ID: 25415039172) cause I got call from your Marketing organization promoting GEB & assuring good service.
I paid via paisapay on 18th Oct’09 & bought Bose Cinemate & as per the email confirmation, I was informed that the reseller will buy this product within 24hrs & update me.
I did not receive any confirmation till 20th Oct’09 & had to call the reseller (i2c world). I was informed that due to some technical problem with seller’s payment checkout page, reseller is unable to buy this product & incase he fails to buy the product by 21st Oct’09 he will refund the amount. The problem here is that the reseller acted post my call. He didn’t even bother to update me on the issue he was facing with the seller. There were only 3 units of the product I chose were available & I don’t think I’ll be getting the same product in same price again.
I called the customer service & was rudely informed by Mr. Pankaj that ebay never forced me to transact. It’s me who came to ebay. Is this the way you treat your customers??
Today I again followed up with the reseller & ebay customer care was informed my amount will be refunded in 6 working days.

If you do not have advanced systems in place why you are marketing & forcing your customers to transact on GEB? I invested 25k & logical my money is going to be with ebay for more than 10 days for nothing. Also your gift coupon does not work on GEB. Do you think I should trust & transact again?
This incident will stop me from even transacting on Ebay India as well. I used to promote ebay amongst my friends & family, however I won’t anymore.

Let me know how you can assist me with this regards.

Awaiting responseX-(

Milind
Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Ebay's GEB - A WASTE OF TIME!!!

@pheona-shrek...

Yes I know how you will be feeling. GEB is a big scam put forth by ebay, it serves nobody but ebay only or some real despo. The charges are exorbitant and if you are willing to pay that high then the same stuff is readily available here in Mumbai at heera-panna and many other places. I feel that GEB is practically useless.

******************************** Regards.
Raj Electronics.
Message 2 of 2
latest reply