Does eBay allow these selling conditions?

While browsing for one type of product, I came across two condition set by the seller which I find unreasonable. He has a feedback count of over 1000.

1. "Product sold under manufacturer warranty : should be sent to the respective brands service centre for required services Product will be delivered in sealed original packing".
How can a buyer send the product to the manufacturer in "sealed original packing"? He has to open the seal to check and test it.

2. "in case of products received dead on arrival with manufacturer warranty should be sent to the service centre of the manufacturer and not to the seller."
Does eBay allow such conditions to be imposed, that is, where the seller takes no responsibility even for a DOA item?
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

pymobile
Community Member
Hi

1. this two sentence are different.

Product sold under manufacturer warranty : should be sent to the respective brands service centre for required services

Product will be delivered in sealed original packing

2. in case of DOA go to service center and they ill give DOA letter to you and than send back to seller for replacement.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@pimpom_in1...

I happen to know which seller has put theses conditions and believe me it is absolutely correct.

1. Customers want Items(Laptops/Notebooks) in sealed condition so the seller supplies it in sealed condition(box packed, company seal intact).

2. The second condition has to be read in conjunction with the first one, wherein the seller has supplied the Laptop in sealed condition and if it is a DOA case the buyer has to approach the manufacturer(Compaq, Dell, Acer etc), show the invoice of the item(date is important) and the item will be replaced/repaired as per warranty terms. This does not include or cover physical damage in transit.
RajElectroniks
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

present2011
Community Member
Well I think the conditions are normal trade practice.
The seller will provide you company seal packed item.
If the item is defective(DOA) or if it develops problem within warranty period then you are expected to go to Company Service center.
However if the product is delivered to you in damaged condition then you are advised not to accept delivery as Seller may blame you for breakage.
It is always good practice to contact seller BEFORE BUYING item and clarify your doubts.
Disclaimer:- the above is my personal opinion ,apply your own discretion.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply