Did you mean: 

Critical ‘n’ Major Changes : Copy ‘n’ Paste from the Father : Ebay

anmol_kreations
Community Member

Dear Co-Merchants,

&

Baazee

Well we r here to present our Views on Strong research ‘n’ analysis of the Ongoing business scenario on Baazee.com

Before we list our views ‘n’ discuss all the “ proposed “changes point wise, we have some more to say.

Ideally it should be that we share the “ Best Practices “ from the International Body ‘n’ implement all the “ Necessary “ changes suitable for that particular regional marketplace ‘n’ not just COPY all the features, ‘n’ policies from there. The Market condition, maturity as well as the operating costs etc…has to be NECESSARILY be taken into account before even thinking to implement those changes.

The key points:

1. Transaction Fees Structure : This is a Pleasant change not ONLY because it reduces the operating costs for Selling, but this is also a FARE amt. Of Transaction charge, compared to the Exorbitant % of Commission prevailing earlier, in such an environment where there is immense possible growth in the emerging E-Comm market like INDIA. The Turnover of such Transactions can shoot up substantially, inturn making money for every one. Although this might sound the bringing of the Ebay Transactional Charge Structure , but it isn’t, as this was much awaited ‘n’ a Necessary Change.

2. Special Listing Charges: Now, this is a Complete Contrast to the above mentioned Change, not ONLY because it is asking for Higher amount of Money to be PAID for the Special Listing, but this actually does not look like a UPWARD REVISION of Charges, or does not even reflect the International Fee Structure, but just a COVERING up of Margins in view of the Transaction Charge reduced. THIS IS VERY SAD ‘n’ UNACCEPTABLE, that Baazee is Going More ‘n’ More SHRUDE ‘n’ Diplomatic.

Almost Doubling ( 1.5 , 2 , 3 times ) up most of the Special Listing Charges does prove the above statements TRUE….

3. Secondary Listing: Well the treating the Auction to be listed in 2 Categories, as 2 separate auction, for the Calculation of Special Listing is Completely not fair. We say this as per the Traffic on the site ‘n’ it’s maturity once again. Even when the auction was appearing in 2 relevant categories, we were striving hard to get the visits as well as prospective customers…But now this Calculation would actually mean that sellers should not post any secondary category listing…

The only reason that we can assume is that Baazee is trying that the same product is not appearing twice….But we feel that it is a matter of not so much importance, as well as the Promotion is VERY VERY NECESSARY…..until the appropriate amt of Traffic increases on Baazee….

4. New Special Listings Introduced : Well even these 2 listings : “ Scheduled listing “ , as well as “ Buy it now “ Auctions although having Rs.0.50 ‘n’ Re.1, but it still does not make much sense as sellers r already paying the Monthly Charges for Bulk Upload tool.

5. Dropping for Priority Featured Listing : This is also unfair as then sellers r left with the choices of ONLY the Featured PLUS or the Home Page listing, which means that Baazee is making it CUMPULSORY for Sellers , taking the Special Listings, to ONLY opt for the Above 2 Listings…..NOW, this also ONCE again confirms that Baazee is ONLY ‘n’ ONLY TRYING to cover up the Revenues from Sellers, just Because they have given the Transaction charge reduction. COMPLETELY UNFAIR….

6. Pre – Defined Bid Increament : Didn’t really understand that WHY such a THOUGHT came to their MINDS ? Hey Baazee, we cannot simply COPY ‘n’ PASTE the Procedures as on Ebay….They r starting most of their things on $ 1, therefore keeping so low : Rs.50 as bid increments in our Environment is JUST NOT AT ALL JUSTIFIED. This is not GOLD Diamond Jewelry that we can have low bid increments like Rs.500 for products expecting Prices Rs.5000…..or even Rs.20,000……The Silver Jewelry ‘n’ Gems do not Get so many bids in any cases, therefore such LOW BID INCREAMENTS r not JUSTIFIED.

We were given this reasoning that this would bring Standardization, but I guess our Market is not yet Ready for that. This would probably end up in Low Auction values, inturn making very very less profits, or even losses for the Sellers. Another reason was given for the International Customers, who would feel accustomed to such changes as they have experience of the International Portals…but When they don’t even know the Conversion rates, then HOW can they get accustomed. ? Plus, when the Indian Auction Portal is STILL BAAZEE.com ‘n’ not www.ebay.com/in.co …then why can’t such customers understand the difference in the Market Place… ?

7. Multiple Quantity Auctions : This once again comes as a surprise to us, ‘n’ all our Co-merchants as this would then end up making more ‘n’ more losses for us. These multiple qty auctions, actually help us cover our Average Prices ‘n’ also some more Volumes, then why to make it the LOWEST bid as the Winning bids for all. Each individual is at least this mush intelligent to actually decide for himself that what is the Price he / she is willing to spend for the Product. If a particular auction closes with some low Prices as well, we haven’t had a SINGLE UNSATISFIED customer for the Lower Prices, as all know that they r anyway winning things at a very less Prices. THE WORST : if there r qty ending up in Re.1 ‘n’ the rest of them r in the Upper Bid Increments, what it means is that all QTY will be declared WON in Re.1 , what sense does this MAKE ????

8. SURCHARGE on CREDIT CARD as well as OBT : This also DOES NOT MAKE SENCE…….FIRST off all this is not a HIDDEN CHAREG., A Hidden charge means that the CUSTOMER comes to know of such charges ONLY when the Transaction is OVER ‘n’ then it appears in the Total BILL, whearas, on Baazee, while Placing an Order, customer is already displayed the Surcharge as well as the Percentage + the Message of the Seller. WE HAVEN’T recd any Customer Queries for reasons of such SURCHARGE….

To quote more example, if one fine day a CUSTOMER Turns on Baazee, that he was charged some charges for Making a DD from a BANK, then what would Baazee reply….Do u ppl. Plan to speak to the Banking sector for Actually deducting such Charges from the receiver of such DD ??? Oh, come on, every one Knows that there r some little charge that one has to incur to actually make a PAYMENT ? WHAT’s the BIG DEAL. +_ We r only charging 3 %, for the CC, just as per the INTERNATIONAL STANDARD.

Yes, we do agree that all Sellers can actually COMPULSARILY mention such charges in their Auctions…..no Probs, but restricting sellers to add such Surchare is again NOT ACCEPTABLE………This would any ways, add the Burden on every transaction, the same way, as the Transaction charge…SO, even BAAZEE makes it to 5 %, then also the additional 4 or 2 % respectively added upon…making the DEAL BACK TOI SQUARE ONE…..???

9. Dropping Prompts: Would actually make selling the RINGS Auction NOT AT ALL POSSIBLE, ‘n’ the same way for Sellers of GARMENTS , whear sizes r required, not POSSIBLE ……We do mention the Ring sizes available in our Auctions, but also provide the Drop Down list of the SIZES so that the Customer can select their Size….+ we also have the Additional “ Elsewhere Extra Charge “ of just Rs.10, for all our REMOTE DELIVERY LOCATION Customers…inturn keeping the Shipping More cheaper for the Regular customers……

We guess that all the Research data for Baazee’s Analysis is the Entire SITE, or even if the Categories Specifically, then they r not taken in Proper Cases / Categorizations.. For ex. We believe that if Talking of the Jewellery Category, then the Gold Diamond Jewellery : DATE should be separately taken into consideration, to compared to the Silver Jewellery ‘n’the Loose Gems….separately…

The individual HEADS for such Date ANALYSIS, under each SUB category of each major Category, would help more closer look of the Market Scenario, so that better ‘n’ more suited changes can be Implemented from the Father : Ebay.

Awaiting for ur earliest reply

The CyberwiZ

Tarun Khandelwal
Anmol Kreations
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

jewelsmart_in1
Community Member
Yes, the all concerns raised by anmol is genuine, and we are completely agree with the views expressed by them regerding changes on baazee.
Indian market is not ready for such changes as it is not a fully mature market.We will be happy if baazee see the concerns seriously and stop such changes accordingly.
Thanks
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

ppjewellers_in1
Community Member
Hello

We strongly agree with facts provided by Anmol_Kreations. And would like to post our view on some of the issues

1. Transaction Fees Structure : This is highly appreciated, the prevailing charges were very high and reducing them is pleasing for both the seller and the buyer.

2. Special Listing Charges : The charges have been increased, which is in a way covering up the reduced transaction fee. Now we are ready to accept the increased charges for special listing, but what benefit do we get ?? what about the buyer who bid and never buy the products. If baazee is willing to help the sellers complete all the transactions we have no problem paying the increased charges. Baazee make is very clear in the term that bid is a legal contract then why does baazee step back from taking strict actions on completing the transactions ?? this will in a way increase the baazee revenue since the % of SNC will reduce. Baazee should start taking legal action against sellers who do not complete the transactions to ensure only genuine buyers and sellers on baazee. If baazee is willing to do this, we seller will be assured that the transaction will be completed & will not hesitate to pay the increased charges.

3. Scheduled listing : willing to pay the 0.50 paisa per listing, but what about the Rs99 we pay for bulk upload ???, if you are trying to follow ebay concept then you must be knowing that ebay does not charge for bulk upload. Now you will be saying that ebay dose not provide with free listing which baazee does. All we can say is, seeing the current changes this will be also implemented soon.

4. Dropping Priority Featured Listing : This is for the same cause which is covering up the reduced transaction fee. Which again is acceptable if baazee takes some serious steps helping the sellers complete the transactions.

5. Pre Defined Bid Increment : Only if baazee ensures more traffic so that the item can reach higher price.

6. CC and OBT charges : This is some thing which is not at all appreciated. What benefit do we get out of it ?? you say that the transaction fee has be reduced but see this with a different angle. 80 % items that are sold on baazee are below 4000 now we have to pay 5 % transaction fee for those items + 4 % for credit card which equals to 9 % + the increased special listing fee + the scheduled listing, and where do we end up ?? almost 10 % fee. When the buyer has no problem paying the fee why should it be removed ??

7. Dropping Prompts : We used prompts to give buyer the option to choose from insured and uninsured shipping. With discussion with the baazee online seminar they told us that the following options will be added in the shipping section. That solves our problem but what about others?? What about the fellow seller who sell garments on baazee there business will be effected drastically. Setting up prompts was the only way they could get the required information form there buyers. Removing prompts will lead to higher SNC and unsatisfied customer, it will also cause delay in completion of transaction since the seller will have to wait until he receives the required info form the buyer. Please consider prompts as a very effective tools for all the sellers and refrain from removing it.

Over all reducing the transaction fee no way is effecting baazee revenues in fact its increasing it, if fee has been reduced for some categories it has also increase for some + the increased featured listing fee and the scheduled listing.

All we can say in instead of trying to find out ways on how to make more money baazee should first take serious steps in insuring that the transactions are getting completed once this is ensured the sellers will have no problem paying the increased fee.

Surjeet Kakkar

Baazee ID : PPJewellers
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

deep_nes_in1
Community Member
Dear Co-Merchants,
First of all Thanks for all of your messagege and suggestion about the New BAAZEE.Its so good to see that all are united for the changes(bad changes)of the site,which is no way supporting we seller(may be buyer).
I am agree with all your points and I will also like to say that Baazee's Service level was never been so bad as if now.
The 48 hours problem seems to be the permanet feature and about the changes I will like to say that Its just Not acceptable in anyway.Transaction charge is been reduced,this is good But what abt the other charges and changes been made.I think Baazee (I mean E bay)Is just applying the rules of Ebay,but they should better understand the difference between E bay and Baazee.All the points so said by all seller friends are very much solid and need to be answer by Baazee.Now Its my request to all seller friend to tell theire view about this 48 hours problem.I will be thankful to them if they do give any suggestion or feedback.So that Baazee do answer and make the necessery changes.
Thanks-Deep Agarwal
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

deep_nes_in1
Community Member
Dear Co-Merchants,
First of all Thanks for all of your messagege and suggestion about the New BAAZEE.Its so good to see that all are united for the changes(bad changes)of the site,which is no way supporting we seller(may be buyer).
I am agree with all your points and I will also like to say that Baazee's Service level was never been so bad as if now.
The 48 hours problem seems to be the permanet feature and about the changes I will like to say that Its just Not acceptable in anyway.Transaction charge is been reduced,this is good But what abt the other charges and changes been made.I think Baazee (I mean E bay)Is just applying the rules of Ebay,but they should better understand the difference between E bay and Baazee.All the points so said by all seller friends are very much solid and need to be answer by Baazee.Now Its my request to all seller friend to tell theire view about this 48 hours problem.I will be thankful to them if they do give any suggestion or feedback.So that Baazee do answer and make the necessery changes.
Thanks-Deep Agarwal
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

deep_nes_in1
Community Member
Dear Co-Merchants,
Thanks-Deep Agarwal
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

deep_nes_in1
Community Member
Dear Co-Merchants,
Thanks-Deep Agarwal
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

astelcorp
Community Member
ALL CO MERCHANTS.
COMPLETELY AGREE. ALL THESE CHANGES ARE NEGATIVE DEVELOPMENT AND WILL REDUCE SALES AS WELL AS PROFIT. NO SELLER IS GOING TO PAY BAAZEE FEES FROM HIS POCKET , WHILE MAKING LOSSES ON THE SITE. THE INDIAN MARKET IS NOT MATURE ENOUGH TO HAVE THE SAME RULES AS E BAY. MOREOVER WHY SHOULD BAAZEE DICTATE TO SELLERS ABOUT THE BID INCREASES. ALL OVER THE WORLD MARKET FORCES DICTATE THE PRICES. ONLY BAAZEE IS GOING COMMUNIST. BAAZEE TEAM PLEASE REPLY.
Message 8 of 8
latest reply