Did you mean: 

An illiterate T & S Team..???? Sapana U need to see this

srjsms
Community Member
recently three of my listings were removed by T7 S with this Message:

Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 02:53:03 PST

Dear srjsms,

We appreciate that you chose eBay to list the following listing(s):

6863565315 - First time on Ebay HP Pavilion dv1379TU (EL153PA)
6863565961 - HP Pavilion dv1386TU (EQ544PA)
6863564576 - First time on Ebay HP Pavilion dv1376TU (EL150PA)

However, your listing was in violation of eBay's Circumvention of eBay Fees policy.

Users may not use systems or techniques to circumvent, or avoid, eBay fees. Listings that circumvent (avoid) fees may provide a poor buying experience and create an unlevel playing field by penalizing sellers who pay all of their eBay fees. Further, these listings undermine the trust of eBay's marketplace.

Listing an item that requires or offers an additional purchase is not permitted.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: If you relist this, or any other item that violates eBay policy, your eBay privileges could be suspended. We value you as a member of our community and wish to continue this relationship, so we must ask you to refrain from further violations of the User Agreement and eBay policy.

Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 02:53:13 PST

Dear srjsms,

Thank you for your recent listing on eBay. Unfortunately, we removed the following item(s):

6863565315 - First time on Ebay HP Pavilion dv1379TU (EL153PA)
6863565961 - HP Pavilion dv1386TU (EQ544PA)
6863564576 - First time on Ebay HP Pavilion dv1376TU (EL150PA)

The following information may help explain the reason for your listing(s) removal:

eBay prohibits unauthorized copies of media (such as software, video games, music, television programs, and photographs). Unauthorized copies include (but are not limited to) backup, pirated, duplicated, or bootlegged copies. It is both illegal and against eBay policy to sell unauthorized copies of copyrighted media.

Hard disks loaded with unauthorized copies of media (including software, movies, or music) are not permitted on eBay. "Hard disk loading" occurs when software is loaded onto a computer, often as an incentive to increase the value, without an accompanying license agreement, manual, or documentation.

My Counter:

with regard to this...could u please tell me why the lisitngs were removed ???? they are 3 different models of laptops. they come pre-loaded with MS windows and other software. what crappy stuff is the T7S team speaking about. first of all there is no duplication since these are 3 different models. if u observe the part numbers:

6863565315 - First time on Ebay HP Pavilion dv1379TU (EL153PA) - HP Pavilion dv1379TU - Microsoft® Windows® XP Home; Intel® Celeron® M Processor 380 (#) (1.6GHz, 1MB L2 cache, 400MHz FSB); 14" colour WXGA (1280 x 768 resolution) Bright View; 256MB (1 x 256MB) DDR SDRAM (333MHz); 40GB (4200 rpm); Dual Layer DVD±RW/±R; Integrated Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 900 (up to 128MB shared with 512MB system memory)

6863565961 - HP Pavilion dv1386TU (EQ544PA) - HP Pavilion dv1386TU - Microsoft® Windows® XP Home; Intel® Pentium® M Processor 735A (#) (1.7GHz, 2MB L2 cache, 400MHz FSB); 14" colour TFT WXGA (1280 x 768 resolution) Bright View; 256MB (1 x 256MB) DDR SDRAM (333MHz); 60GB (4200 rpm); Dual Layer DVD±RW/±R; Integrated Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 900 (up to 128MB shared with 512MB system memory)

6863564576 - First time on Ebay HP Pavilion dv1376TU (EL150PA) - HP Pavilion dv1376TU - Microsoft® Windows® XP Home; Intel® Pentium® M Processor 750 (#) with Intel® Centrino™ Mobile Technology (1.86GHz, 2MB L2 cache, 533MHz FSB); 14" colour WXGA (1280 x 768 resolution) with BrightView; 512MB (1 x 512MB) DDR SDRAM (333MHz); 80GB (4200 rpm); LightScribe Dual Layer DVD±RW/±R; Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 900 (up to 128MB shared with 512MB system memory)

i do not further think that there is a circumvention of ebay fees. the laptops were listed at above 45K price. 4000 was charged as shipping fees for shipping thru Bluedart / skypak / aflwiz. Shipping cost for 8 Kgs comes upto 4300/- this may be verified by you by visiting the respective sites of the courier companies.
Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

srjsms
Community Member
one laptop was listed at 49999, one at 64999 and one at 72500. now dont tell me ebay thinks all the laptops are the same. further i had mentioned that a buyer could get a laptop bag if necessary at Rs. 3000/- extra. i do not understand how this can result in circumvention of ebay policy of duplicate / pirated software / circumvention listing..??
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

srjsms
Community Member
i just feel like removing all my listings in protest and stopping all my ebay trading forever!!!! there are people who are selling products at 1/- and shipping charges 9000. why doesnt the T&S team see this...?? my products are valued well above 45000/- 4000 for shipping a laptop isnt a huge cost. 8 Kgs of cargo on blue dart is 4650/- (transfer by air) on speedpost is 4250/- does ebay want us to incur a loss./??? sapana i think u need to answer and ask sharath to answer too..this is really disgusting. what piracy is taking place if HP is preloading MS windows XP in the machine and offering it for sale.???
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

blowout-dealz3
Community Member
Quoting "further i had mentioned that a buyer could get a laptop bag if necessary at Rs. 3000/- extra. i do not understand how this can result in circumvention of ebay policy of duplicate / pirated software / circumvention listing..??"b>

This does result in circumvention of eBay fees as eBay will not get the fees on the Rs.3000/- extra that the buyer will pay you. I feel eBay is right by closing your items, as it is in the eBay policies. To stop this from happening again, you can do any of the below:

1) Remove it altogether.
2) Add Rs.3000 to the selling price and mention that it comes with a bag worth 3000/-.
3) In the listing descripion, provide a link to another item listing of yours, where you are selling that bag. Just mention "Click here to buy carry case"

But yes, I do feel that the TnS team did not explain the reason correctly to you. I suggest that if eBay closes any items, they whould clearly mention the reason in detail to prove the logic behind it, so that the seller does not make the mistake again.
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

blowout-dealz3
Community Member
Quoting "further i had mentioned that a buyer could get a laptop bag if necessary at Rs. 3000/- extra. i do not understand how this can result in circumvention of ebay policy of duplicate / pirated software / circumvention listing..??"

This does result in circumvention of eBay fees as eBay will not get the fees on the Rs.3000/- extra that the buyer will pay you. I feel eBay is right by closing your items, as it is in the eBay policies. To stop this from happening again, you can do any of the below:

1) Remove it altogether.
2) Add Rs.3000 to the selling price and mention that it comes with a bag worth 3000/-.
3) In the listing descripion, provide a link to another item listing of yours, where you are selling that bag. Just mention "Click here to buy carry case"

But yes, I do feel that the TnS team did not explain the reason correctly to you. I suggest that if eBay closes any items, they whould clearly mention the reason in detail to prove the logic behind it, so that the seller does not make the mistake again.
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

srjsms
Community Member
well u say this is wrong.....how do u explain this...

Upon review of your account I note that item #'s 6863565315, 6863565961 and 6863564576 were ended for being in violation of our Unauthorised Copies Policy. In accordance with this policy software loaded onto a computer hard drive that is not being sold with the original media (disks, manuals, etc) is considered Unauthorised copies.

now the company HP sells its laptops with preloaded softwarre....how is it a circumvention..??
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

srjsms
Community Member
9502585239 - NIKE Deos for women - Never Before Never Again

However, your listing was in violation of eBay's Circumvention of eBay Fees policy and has been removed from eBay.
A choice listing is a listing that allows buyers to choose from a selection of items. Choice listings are generally not a permitted.

in this listing i was offering buyers 6 nike deos of different flavours saying nthat they could choose any one flavour. at the close of auction. earlier when i lisetd the six separately they sent a warning that i was violating the multiple listing policy, and that i cant list all the 6 ie.
Nike Original
Nike Casual
Nike Extreme
Nike Pure
Nike Urban Musk
Nike Trendy

these are 6 flavours. if the T & S team cannot sitingusih between the variety of products, and at the same time they dont allow us to list all the 6 flavours in one.. then how are we supposed to sell..? anyway i WISH TO STATE THAT I HAVE PULLED DOWN ALL MY LISTINGS. NO ACTIVE LISTINGS NOW. ebay makes money thru sellers. if every seller reacts like me\, how will ebay make its money...??

in the earlier post, the T & S team didnt bother to verify whether or not HP / Compaq Products come pre-loaded with MS windows XP and other bundled softwarre. they accused me of violating the Copyright policy. now is it my mistake that HP preloads the software in their laptops..? i invite the T & S team to Visit the HP India Site and check out the same laptops that i had listed here.
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

srjsms
Community Member
few more examples of the frustrating experience:

AXE deodorants come in 12 flavours. i listed 12 separately - ie musk, dimension, unlimited, pulse, ice, limited etc. i got a mail saying that this was against the multiple listing policy since even though the names of the deos are different..all the items are AXE deos.

my friend who is a importer of soaps listed LERVIA soap with milk extracts - they removed it saying it violates the food policy!!!

i listed HP laptops that come preloaded with ms works, XP, and some other software. it seems its a copyright violation!!! now am not manufacturing the laptop. the laptop that comes from the manufacturer is sent to the customer without doing any changes in it. in such a case i dont understand how it becomes a Vero Violation!!!

weird are the ways of the ebay team!
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

srjsms
Community Member
blowout deals.. thanks for tryin to explain.. actually its not the bag thats caused the problem...please read my other posts in this thread... as regards the bag - it is an optional accessory. it cannot be sold separtely, and at the same time you cannot force the buyer to buy it.. i normally follow a procedure, where in before sending payment information, i either add or deduct some amount of charges depending on the buyer.
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

srjsms
Community Member
again to clarify :

wellastrate hair striaghtening cream comes as :
Normal, Strong, soft, coloured hair, and 2 other types.. wud they be removed since they are in violation of the ML policy ???
Message 10 of 12
latest reply