ebay sellers are resorting to frauds by selling refurbished items as brand new in electronics

I purchased a laptop costing Rs 36999 shown as brand, new imported laptop. It says because it is imported it does not contain original box , manual, instrtuctions etc (This is utter rubbish what i found, the other online agencies are sending imported with all the instruction manuals, original boxed, why ebay sellers say that imported content can not be in original box with manuals, this is a ploy now i discovered why they say so)  I received the laptop and later some software problem came up for backing up the Original system as there is no back up for the laptop given by seller. the HP site showed the serial number of my laptop and the site where i can back up my laptop, however several attempts i made and it failed, later thinking that HP site is not working, I called them, they said this item was sold in USA, some 10 months back and returned for some defect and it was refurbished again and in the process there seems to be a issue with the loading of Operating system which is preventing the back up. When I confronted with them saying it is a brand new item imported from USA, they told me to send the screen shot and of the serial number show on site and also snap of the serial number in the battery compartment. I sent both of them and they confirmed that the serial numbers both vary and it is a refurbished unit still has a warranty left over for 2 months by the manufacturer. However that is for the original buyer who was in USA. 

From the above I understand EBAY is encouraging sellers to dupe the buyers by saying as if imported wont contain original boxes and manuals. Where as other company sellers are sending these items for imported items, why ebay sellers making an impression that imported items cant have original box and manual, except for the purpose of cheating the customers. Why ebay is encouraging these things. the seller though accepted for taking back, there is no guarantee he will refund back my amount and Ebay is silent on this guarantee of refund. though the seller has cheated me, he wants me to bear the costs of courier for return of the article which is about Rs 700 without insurance plus some taxes. Since this is a matter of cheating the customer by misrepresentinbg the facts, it cant be under the original terms of seller warranty. The seller has to bear the cost of return and together with ebay promise of refund of my money. Otherwise the seller has to reduce the cost of the item, since it is a refurnbished item, for which seller said no. Ebay is not helping me to resolve the issue. I request all the buyers be careful that the refurbished items are being routed through Ebay like this way

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)

Ask a Question