cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Using Bidder Management Tool to block fraud bidders, 29 Sept, (3-4)

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi,

Did you know that by using the bidder management tool, you as a seller can make your products unavailable to a certain set of buyers? Bidder management is a great tool to reduce chances of a fraud buyers bidding on your product.

In this workshop we will discuss on how you can use bidder management tools effectively to reduce UPI (Unpaid Item).

Host: eBay Staff
Date: Thursday, 29th September 2005
Time: 3.00 to 4.00 pm (IST)

Do join us on 29th!

Regards,
Sapana
Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

nvid@ebay.com
Community Member
How many User IDs can I have on the blocked bidder list?
You may keep up to 1,000 User IDs on your list
Regards,
nvid
Regards,
Vidmay
Message 11 of 20
latest reply

nvid@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello sastaitshop

To answerer your queries the bidder management tool provides you to block genuine fake buyer not fraudsters.

With the combination of the following you can eliminate to a great extent all possible fake buyers who are not serious about transacting on site.

1. Block buyers / bidders from cities / countries you do not ship to
2. Block buyers / bidders with unpaid item strikes in the last 30 days
3. Block buyers / bidders with feedback score of -1,-2,-3

In addition to this to this tool we have the provision of Cancel a bid

Cancel a bid would be if a bidder contacts you to back out of the bid or asks you to ship to cities / countries you do not ship

Check this link on Cancel Bids

As far as Nigerian and other fraudsters we are working on them and have put in place a complex risk model to address this problem, I am sure you are already seeing results on this.
Regards,
nvid
Regards,
Vidmay
Message 12 of 20
latest reply

sastaitshop
Community Member
Thx Vidmay for the reply,

Yes i am already seeing the effects.

I generally block any buyer who i feel is asking funny questions and is not serious.

As for the Nigerians .. they may be frauds but before that they are Non Paying and Nuisance causing bidders who needs to be covered under the tool.

but i agree with ebay on the point that providing a option to block newly registered users form bidding may affect the number of buyers on the site.

Still i am already witnessign the affect of the new system and Nigerian bidders atleast are at minmum (Not more than 1 bid a day). !! Sunny ๐Ÿ™‚
()()()()())()

Age and knowledge don't always come together. Sometimes you just get the age...
!!sAsTaITsHop!!

:) Sunny ๐Ÿ™‚
Message 13 of 20
latest reply

sastaitshop
Community Member
Also we must be allowed to file UPI and FVC in 5 days each for buyers wh havent checked out. !! Sunny ๐Ÿ™‚
()()()()())()

Age and knowledge don't always come together. Sometimes you just get the age...
!!sAsTaITsHop!!

:) Sunny ๐Ÿ™‚
Message 14 of 20
latest reply

clicktags
Community Member
I have a pretty in depth list of blocked buyers and about a month ago stumbled across a link which showed which buyers were actually blocked from buying on my products. This was actual buyers attempts to buy but we blocked. Can somebody point me in that direction again? Thanks
Message 15 of 20
latest reply

the_tsubi_shop
Community Member
hi, i think i just got scammed by one of these nigerian people things, they created their account on the same day and bought a portable dvd player from me on buy it now, and then requested it to be sent to nigeria, can someone please explain to me the possibilities as to why someone would do this? what is the phenomenon with fraudulent users who are interested in sending packages to nigeria, and now if she is a non paying bidder what are my steps to reccorect this issue, can i recieve the fees i payed for listing the item back? or am i only entitled to listing the item again? i guess i am happy to relist the item, but if this is the case what steps do i take to relist it with out paying the fees?

thankyou, regards
Message 16 of 20
latest reply

nandubaya
Community Member
THIS IS TO INFORM YOU OF A GREATER RISK POSSED TO E-COMMERCE AND IDENTITY THEFTS IN DEVELOPED NATIONS TODAY (ESPECIALLY TO INDIANS).

SOME AFRICANS ESPECIALLY NIGERIANS, POSS TO BE SERIOUS BUYERS AND ASK FOR SHIPPING TO AFRICAN COUNTRIES.
TRY TO TAKE MAXIMUM POSSIBLE RELATIONSHIP WITH THE SELLER. THE BASIC INTENTION IS TO RECEIVE AN INVITATION LETTER FROM THE SELLER WHO IS AN INDIAN AND HIS DETAILS OF BANK ETC. ARE FILLED IN THE APPLIED VISA FROM AFRICA. THESE PEOPLE ILLEGALLY IMMIGRATE FROM AFRICA WITH A REASON TO ESTABLISH BUSINESS COOPERATION WITH A COMMONWEALTH COUNTRY, CITING A VALID CONTACT DETAIL AS SPONSOR. ONCE IN INDIA, THEY SIMPLY VANISH.
IF CAUGHT LATER, THE SPONSOR IS UNNECESSARILY DETAINED AND HARASSED.

THIS IS THE MODUS OPERANDI OF AN INTERNATIONAL RACKET USING E COMMERCE SITES LIKE EBAY.

WE SHOULD STRONGLY REQUEST THE LAW AUTHORITIES TO REPRIMAND EBAY AND OTHER E COMMERCE SITES FROM DOING SO.

HOPE STRONG ACTION WOULD BE TAKEN AGAINST SUCH NATIONAL THREATS.

BE SPECIALLY AWAY FROM A NIGERIAN WHO CLAIMS TO BE AN INDIAN AT USA AND ASKS FOR ITEM SHIPPING TO AFRICA, WITH THESE ID'S:

vikas_sha012( 0 ) New eBay Member (less than 30 days) Less than 1 month DL, India

vikas_sha02( 0 ) 2 months United States
vikas_sha0( 0 ) 2 months United States
vikas_sha03( 0 ) 2 months United States
vikas_sham02( 0 ) 11 months DL, India
Message 17 of 20
latest reply

styleintoronto
Community Member
Ebay is a very poorly designed site. Not easy to find information. Tiny little links all over the page. No way to block bidders from Nigeria.

The Nigerians will bid with 10 seconds in the auction. Too late to cancle their bid.

I hope Google creates a better auction website so Ebay can be out of service once and for all.
Message 18 of 20
latest reply

jrc1987
Community Member
EBAY REALLY SUCKS WHEN IT COMES TO SAFETY, ABOUT THE NIGERIAN/AFRICAN SCAMMERS LETS ALL JUST GET A PETITION STARTED TO GET EBAY TO NOT ALLOW ANY AFRICANS TO SHOP ON HERE EVER AGAIN ALL OF THEM ARE SCAMMERS!
AND IF YOU GOT SCAM BY ONE OF THEM THEN YOU ARE ONE DUMB SON OF A .... HA HA THEY ARE SO EASY TO SPOT HOW THE **** CAN YOU GET SCAM BY SOMEONE WHO KNOWS LESS ENGLISH THEN YOU????LOL ANYWAYS EBAY ALLOWS THIS TO GO ON AND THEY CANCEL YOUR LISTING AND EXPECT YOU TO PAY WHAT YOU OWE FOR ADDING THE LISTED SITE>>> ALL EBAY WORKERS READING THIS YOU KNOW ITS TRUE , EBAY IS BECOMING A CIRCUS WITH NIGERIAN CLOWNS TRYING TO RUN THE SHOW!!
IM OUT, PEACE
I HATE NIGERIA, P.S AND CHINA TOO CAUSE THEY KEEP SENDING ME EMAILS TALKING ABOUT THEYRE NUMBER 1 IN SELLS
Message 19 of 20
latest reply

jeffg1251
Community Member
Why is ebay not doing anything to keep these nigerian animals off the site? I am so sick of having to wait 7 dam days to get refunded my selling fee and then have to pay another listing fee. Send ebay emails and call them constantly until they get off their butts and do something about this.
Message 20 of 20
latest reply