cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Understanding the UPI (Unpaid Item) process - 14 June (12 - 1 PM)

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hello Sellers,

As you must be aware, you need to follow the UPI process in eBay in order to get fee credits for unpaid items. However, the UPI process has some significant differences as compared to the SNC process on the old Baazee site.

To know the UPI process in details and to ensure that you successfully receive all the fee credits, please join us in this workshop on Tuesday, 14th June, from 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM IST

Regards,
Sapana
Community development Team
Message 1 of 42
latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hello All,

Welcome to the workshop on Understanding Unpaid Item (UPI) process.

Today we have Yash and nvid from Trust and Safety Team to take you through the process, and help you understand your options when you need to file for a UPI.

nvid will be making some posts, that will detail out the process and what you need to know while filling UPI, the floor will be open for questions thereafter.

We love workshops to be interactive, so please feel free to make most of this time.

Warm Regards,
Sapana
Community Development Team
Message 2 of 42
latest reply

indconcepts
Community Member
hi,
Please let me know that after filing UPI we are granted FVF credit, then why does it take months to get the FVF credit and why not immidiately.

Its not possible for us to track for which Item we have got the FVF and for which we haven't.

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7
Message 3 of 42
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi indconcepts,

Thanks for joining us in the workshop. nvid is making some postings related to UPI, then he will take up your question. We thank you for your patience.

Regards,
Sapana
Message 4 of 42
latest reply

nvid@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello Every Body,

We are here to understand UPI. The primary objective of this workshop is help minimize UPI and clarify any Doubts on UPI
Regards,
nvid
Regards,
Vidmay
Message 5 of 42
latest reply

Dear Yash and nvid,
Please tell me what if a person make multiple fake id and bid or purchase my all items at the very last moment,And teh n give me NEGATIVE feedback...With comment payment sent product not recived etc etc,WHAT A GENUINE SELLER CAN DO THAT TIME...?
Will his Reputation will be spoiled in a min???
Will he will have to wait for 45 days for Fee Credit and Will have to bear the NEGATIVE FEEDBACK from FAKE buyer??
Please We also are aware of the UPI process and I want the answer related to my Main point of Concern...

Thanks a ton,
Deep Agarwal.
Shree Krishna Gems.
Message 6 of 42
latest reply

nvid@ebay.com
Community Member
First let us understand

How can I prevent potential Unpaid Items?

A. To minimize future Unpaid Items:

1. Offer eBay Checkoutโ€”This streamlined experience for Buyers ensures that the โ€œPay Nowโ€ button is in your listing.

2. Offer PaisaPayโ€”Three out of four Buyers prefer PaisaPayโ€” the quick and safe way to pay.

3. Include Shipping Costs in the Shipping Details Sectionโ€” Presenting shipping details at the outset helps to avoid surprises.

4. Use โ€œImmediate Payment Requiredโ€ on Buy It Now Itemsโ€” Your listing remains available for other Buyers until you are paid.

5. Set Buyer Requirements in My eBay (Preferences)โ€“ Youโ€™ll have more control over who can bid on your listings.
Regards,
nvid
Regards,
Vidmay
Message 7 of 42
latest reply

nvid@ebay.com
Community Member
How can I prevent bids from members that do not meet my auction terms?

A. Buyer Requirements allow you to block buyers from bidding on or purchasing your items based on criteria such as whether or not they have a PaisaPay account, their country of registration, and their buying history on eBay.

Using buyer requirements, you're able to better manage the types of buyers you'd like to have bid on or buy your items. While this may reduce your exposure to buyers who might make transactions difficult or more expensive, or with a history of Unpaid Item strikes, it will also reduce the overall number of potential buyers you'll have for your items. For this reason, you should think carefully before using buyer requirements to block buyers.

Buyer requirements are found under "Seller Preferences" in My eBay. Using buyer requirements, you have the ability to block buyers who:

โ€ขAre registered in countries to which you don't ship
โ€ขHave a feedback score of -1,-2,-3
โ€ขHave received 2 Unpaid Item strikes in the last 30 days
โ€ขAre currently winning or have bought '1-100' of your items in the last 10 days. (Note: This block will apply to all buyers, regardless of their feedback score, or you can choose to only apply this block to buyers with a feedback score of '0-5' or lower.)
Regards,
nvid
Regards,
Vidmay
Message 8 of 42
latest reply

nvid@ebay.com
Community Member
How long does a buyer have to pay for an item?

eBay does not have a policy for the length of time permitted to pay for an item. We encourage sellers to set their own terms and clearly disclose them in the listing. However, eBayโ€™s Unpaid Item Process does require that Unpaid Items be filed between 7 and 45 days after the transaction closes.
Regards,
nvid
Regards,
Vidmay
Message 9 of 42
latest reply

nvid@ebay.com
Community Member
How long do I have to wait before I can file for an Unpaid Item credit?

You must wait 7 days after your listing has ended before you can report an Unpaid Item unless the buyer has been suspended or is from a region to which you did not specify in the listing process. If the buyer is suspended or from the wrong country, you may file immediately and receive your FVF credit. In all other situations, eBay requires 7 days to pass so that the buyer has time to send payment or respond to e-mails. After the Unpaid Item reminder is filed, the buyer has 7 days to respond before a dispute is eligible to be closed for an FVF credit. If the buyer responds earlier the seller may close the dispute immediately.

You may file immediately upon listing end if you choose to offer your buyer a Mutual Agree option not to complete the transaction. The buyer has 7 days to respond to a Mutual Agreement. eBay recommends sellers only use the Mutual Agreement option if the seller has already communicated with the buyer and is certain the buyer will agree. Data collected by eBay since the launch of the Unpaid Item Process has shown that buyers agree to Mutual Agreement offers from their sellers more than 90% of the time.
Regards,
nvid
Regards,
Vidmay
Message 10 of 42
latest reply