Understanding Trust and Safety policies

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi All,

At eBay our constant endeavor is to create a safer place for our users to transact and interact with each other. In this workshop we will discuss what are we doing and our plans to make the site a better and safer place for our users. We will love to get you feedback and suggestions on the help pages content and the responses you are receiving from Customer Helpdesk.

Details
Date: Friday 27th May
Time: 3.00 to 4.00 PM (IST)

See you on 27th!

Sapana
Community Development Team
Message 1 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Re: Understanding Trust and Safety policies

ppjewellers
Community Member

New Page 1

Hello to everybody at ebay.in working hard day and night to
make ebay.in a nightmare for the sellers.

Your post says

At eBay our constant endeavor is to create a safer
place for our users to transact and interact with each other
.I checked for all the possible definitions for
“safe“ so that ebay.in can relate them to even one of it and support there
above said statement.

definition of safe

Free from harm, injury, or risk; untouched or unthreatened by danger or injury;
unharmed; unhurt; secure; whole; as, safe from disease; safe from storms; safe
from foes.

Conferring safety; securing from harm; not exposing to danger; confining
securely; to be relied upon; not dangerous; as, a safe harbor; a safe bridge,
etc.

Incapable of doing harm; no longer dangerous; in secure care or custody; as, the
prisoner is safe.

I know you will have hard time to relate ebay.in to even one of the definitions
provided. The reason for this post is to wakeup ebay.in. I request you to reply
to the following queries since this in not my personal problem, but a problem
faced by the whole seller community.

You say the ebay.in is following the best practices for the feedback process, if
you provide me a satisfactory reply to my question I will agree with you and if
you do not then please think again on your policy.

Now the practical side

IS EBAY SAFER FOR SELLERS ??

The ebay.in feedback policy is not making ebay safe in any way. On
baazee.com after filing an SNC we used to provide the buyer with negative
feedback because we knew that in case he provides us a negative feedback in
response it will be taken care of by baazee. But do we follow this no ebay ?? NO
……….. reason ?? we are scared, yes we are scared because if we get a
negative rating in response we have no where to go. Now does this make ebay.in a
better and safer place ??

IS
EBAY SAFER FOR BUYERS ??

Now take it this way, if we were provided with a neutral or negative feedback on
baazee.com we used to work hard to satisfy the buyer and get the ratings
upgraded. Now when we know that once a rating is provided it cannot be edited,
why will we waste time on customer satisfaction ?? it will be a tit for tat
game……… you give me negative rating I do the same, don't like it ?? lets
withdraw .......... and the game is over. This is how ebay is getting safer,
right??

Any one can make any number of id’s on ebay without verification and fool
around providing negative feedback to sellers and we can do nothing except sit
and watch. The option for blocking users dose not help anyway cause user having
feedback score 0 can bid on at least 1 item. This way fake bidders can make any
number of id’s and bid on as many items they wants to. This again makes ebay
very safe, I guess.

Please answer to these questions in your workshop cause you have ample time to
think over it. I am not taking up the other issues ( shipping amount problem,
paisapay delay, drop in sale, buyers complaining on lengthy checkout process
………….. and many more ) cause this one is the most important issue to be taken care
off.

Conclusion :- Baazee was a simpler, better and safer place for both buyers
and sellers.

Best Regards

Surjeet Kakkar

Prem Parkash Jewellers ( EbayID : PPJewellers )

Message 2 of 32
latest reply

ppjewellers
Community Member
Hello to everybody at ebay.in working hard day and night to make ebay.in a nightmare for the sellers.

Your post says “ At eBay our constant endeavor is to create a safer place for our users to transact and interact with each other ” .I checked for all the possible definitions for “safe“ so that ebay.in can relate them to even one of it and support there above said statement.

definition of safe

Free from harm, injury, or risk; untouched or unthreatened by danger or injury; unharmed; unhurt; secure; whole; as, safe from disease; safe from storms; safe from foes.

Conferring safety; securing from harm; not exposing to danger; confining securely; to be relied upon; not dangerous; as, a safe harbor; a safe bridge, etc. Incapable of doing harm; no longer dangerous; in secure care or custody; as, the prisoner is safe.

I know you will have hard time to relate ebay.in to even one of the definitions provided. The reason for this post is to wakeup ebay.in. I request you to reply to the following queries since this in not my personal problem, but a problem faced by the whole seller community.

You say the ebay.in is following the best practices for the feedback process, if you provide me a satisfactory reply to my question I will agree with you and if you do not then please think again on your policy.

Now the practical side

IS EBAY SAFER FOR SELLERS ??

The ebay.in feedback policy is not making ebay safe in any way. On baazee.com after filing an SNC we used to provide the buyer with negative feedback because we knew that in case he provides us a negative feedback in response it will be taken care of by baazee. But do we follow this no ebay ?? NO ……….. reason ?? we are scared, yes we are scared because if we get a negative rating in response we have no where to go. Now does this make ebay.in a better and safer place ??

IS EBAY SAFER FOR BUYERS ??

Now take it this way, if we were provided with a neutral or negative feedback on baazee.com we used to work hard to satisfy the buyer and get the ratings upgraded. Now when we know that once a rating is provided it cannot be edited, why will we waste time on customer satisfaction ?? it will be a tit for tat game……… you give me negative rating I do the same, don't like it ?? lets withdraw .......... and the game is over. This is how ebay is getting safer, right??

Any one can make any number of id’s on ebay without verification and fool around providing negative feedback to sellers and we can do nothing except sit and watch. The option for blocking users dose not help anyway cause user having feedback score 0 can bid on at least 1 item. This way fake bidders can make any number of id’s and bid on as many items they wants to. This again makes ebay very safe, I guess.

Please answer to these questions in your workshop cause you have ample time to think over it. I am not taking up the other issues ( shipping amount problem, paisapay delay, drop in sale, buyers complaining on lengthy checkout process ………….. and many more ) cause this one is the most important issue to be taken care off.

Conclusion :- Baazee was a simpler, better and safer place for both buyers and sellers.

Best Regards

Surjeet Kakkar

Prem Parkash Jewellers ( EbayID : PPJewellers )

Message 3 of 32
latest reply

Dear Ebay Team,

Support from ebay was excellent during migration and till date i have no problems with support from ebay team.

But I TOTALLY AGREE WITH PPJEWELERS THE POINTS HE MENTIONED ARE VERY TRUE. IT HAS NOW BECOME A TIT FOR TAT GAME U DID THIS WAIT I TOO WILL DO THE SAME WITH YOU. I MYSELF DID THIS... NOT JUST THIS ARREE BABA PREVIOUSLY IN BAAZEE NO SELLER GETS THE OPTION TO FILE WARNING AFTER THE BUYER HAS PAID FOR THE ITEM USING PAISA PAY. BUT A FEW DAYS BEFORE I BOUGHT AN ITEM FROM EBAY PAID ONLINE RECIEVED MY CD'S IN EXCELLENT CONDITION LEFT COOL COMMENTS FOR THE SELLER HE TOO DID THE SAME FOR ME AND A FEW MORE DAYS LATER HE FILLED UNPAID WARNING ON ME... 😞 I REPLIED WITH ALL MY PAYMENT DETAILS OF PAISAPAY ID BUT HE DIDN'T CARED TO REPLY BACK OR TO TAKE THE COMPLAINT BACK THEN WHAT ELSE AFTER 2 DAYS I TOO FILLED ITEM NOT RECIEVED WARNING ON HIM... X-( TODAY AFTER A WEEK HE REPLIED TO ME AND TOOK HIS WARNING BACK STATING SOMEBODY MISTAKENLY HAS DONE THIS. HOW FUNNY... IT'S NOW A GAME OF FIGHT BETWEEN TWO PEOPLE........SELLER .... BUYER...

A FEW RULES I TOO THINK SHOULD BE CHANGED ON EBAY INDIA TO MAKE IT BETTER FOR ALL OF US.

Regards,
Rakhi Verma
Kaya Jewels
"Lord, I have done many things wrong. I am guilty, but to show your goodness, forgive me for everything I did. When people choose to follow the Lord, he shows them the best way to live.”
·:*¨¨*:·.God·:*¨¨*:·.Bless·:*¨¨*:·.Us·:*¨¨*:·.All·:*¨¨*:·.
Message 4 of 32
latest reply

superstores_tech
Community Member
here i very much agree with other sellers.

On baazee i could file a SNC - Give a rating -Mark payment receipt and many more in one lien - TOGETHER -- On ebay its Tedious.

On ebay - Again it difficult to make out for whom we have files SNC (FVC). So we need to check all transactions again and agian to make sure we didnt left any FVC - (The fullfillment rate is very low)

Also -- we do not get an Email informign about ratings given - so if a buyer is not happy he leavs a -ve rating and i go uninformed - untill i go and chack my own ratings.

The volume of transactiosn by offlien payemnt mode has dried out due to entensive promotion of Paisa Pay. ANd buyers end up buyign up produts for almost 10% extra price than what they would normally get from us. ( 4% Baazee 3-4% Paisa pay + Shipping Insurance + Shipping)

Ebay comission should be 50% less.
Superstores_Tech

Ankur Agarwal
Message 5 of 32
latest reply

a2z_enterprises
Community Member
Hi,

Buyers end up buyign up produts for almost 10% extra price than what they would normally get from us. ( 4% Baazee 3-4% Paisa pay + Shipping Insurance + Shipping)

Ebay comission should be 50% less.

Thanks

Rakesh
a2z enterprises
Message 6 of 32
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi All,
Welcome to the workshop on understanding Trust and Safety Policies and addressing the concerned issues.

Today we have Yash and Nvid from Trust and Safety Team to answer your queries related to Trust and Safety. Nvid will start with posting some basic policies that you will like to be aware about, then they will be ready to field your questions.

We love the workshops to be interactive, so please feel free to post any queries or questions.

Lets start with the workshop!

Sapana
Comunity Development Team
Message 7 of 32
latest reply

nvid@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello All,

Welcome to the discussion on Trust and Safety.

Today I shall run you through the policies on eBay.in

I would introduce the policies and would be happy to take any further questions on the same

Regards
nvid
Regards,
Vidmay
Message 8 of 32
latest reply

ppjewellers
Community Member
Hello Yash and Nvid

First I would like you to address the issues I have put up long time back. Like you can clearly see from kaya_jewels post that what I said, people are actually doing it. Instead of Ebay getting a safer place its becoming TIT FOR TAT game. If you check the history of all buyer from whom I filed an UPI, you wont see any negative feedback, reason like I told you before, we are scared because if the buyer provides us a negative feedback it cannot be removed. So how can you say ebay is getting safer for both buyers and sellers ???
Message 9 of 32
latest reply

nvid@ebay.com
Community Member

Why does eBay have rules and guidelines?

eBay's policies are rules and guidelines that create a safe and fair trading environment

for all eBay members.

Learning about eBay's policies will help you avoid breaking rules (including the law) and

aid you in trading with reliable, trustworthy buyers and sellers.

The most important eBay policy is Your

href="http://pages.ebay.in/help/policies/user-agreement.html">User Agreement

Different categories of eBay Policies

• Privacy: Your privacy

is our top priority. Read about how your personal information is protected and how it is

used.

guidelines about eBay's system for member reputations.

• Identity: Rules about

your contact information and User ID.

• Rules for Everyone:

General policies applying to all eBay members, including our Outage Policy, Employee Trading

Policy, and more.

• Rules for

Buyers
    : "Always pay for your purchases", and other important rules for buyers.

• Rules for

Sellers
    : Important listing policies and other rules that apply to selling, such as no

solicitation of off-site sales and the Tax Policy.

• Prohibited and Restricted

Items
    : Can you buy hippopotamus ivory on eBay? What about selling lottery tickets? Find

out in our comprehensive list of banned and restricted items.

Regards,
nvid

Regards,
Vidmay
Message 10 of 32
latest reply