cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tips on how to use the new Sell Your Item form more effectively.

preetim@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello All,

As you are all aware, we have launched the new Sell Your Item form. Some sellers now see the new form after clicking on the Sell Button on the eBay header.

We would like to share with you all the benefits of the new Sell Your Item form and also get your feedback.

We recommend you to try the new Sell Your Item form and post your experience and questions on this thread.

Host: eBay Staff
Date: Tuesday 18th July
Time: 4 – 5 PM IST

I look forward to interacting with you at the workshop.

Thanks and Regards,
Preeti
Regards,
Preeti

Regards,
Preeti
Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

seems like no has problems with the new form !!!
Message 11 of 26
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi Rajeev (roshniinfotech),

I will be a happy person if no one is facing any difficulties in the new form, but I have doubts about that 🙂

By the way...did you happen to use the new customise function? or the Live help directly from the form. I feel they are very useful features. Do check them out.

Regards,
Sapana
Message 12 of 26
latest reply

Kindly elaborate on the mentioned features please sapna
Message 13 of 26
latest reply

preetim@ebay.com
Community Member
As we had repeatedly receiving feedback from our users that the old Sell Your Item Form was very long we launched the new Sell Your Item form that is easier and also provides customized help at each step.

Some of the key differences between the Old SYI and the New SYI are:

Old SYI:Select the category manually from the available list of categories

New SYI: Category Suggestions are available. All you need to do is enter a word of the item you want to sell in the search box and click on the Sell It Button. The system will show you a list of categories that you can select. If you don’t know which category to list your item under you can simply use the Category search.

Old SYI: 7 page Form
New SYI: 3 page Form

Old SYI:You cannot change the format once you select it right it in the beginning.
New SYI: You select the format at the 2nd step of the form and it can be easily changed while filling in all the details.

Old SYI: The Old Sell Your Item form took almost 1.5 times of the new form for completion.
New SYI: The New Sell Your Item form takes much lesser time to complete.

Old SYI: You had to click on the preview listing link to see what your listing looks like.
New SYI:You can directly see how your listing will look before you submit the listing

Old SYI: You cannot save the listing as a template for future use.
New SYI: You can save the listing as a template for future use.

Old SYI: Fewer colours to use for making your description attractive
New SYI:More formatting features to make your description look attractive.
Regards,
Preeti

Regards,
Preeti
Message 14 of 26
latest reply

preetim@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi Rajiv

You can click on the customize form link on the top right corner and shorten your the SYI form by choosing to display only those features you wish to see / change regularly.

Item Details

Self-hosted pictures – If you wish to use links form your hosting service to host your images, you need to activate this feature

Description builder – If you wish to use text insert, you will need to activate this feature in the customize form

Visitor counter – if you wish to track visitors to your listing, you will need to activate this feature. Once you have activated this feature, in your SYI, you can select the style of the tracker.

FormatPrivate listing - Allow buyers to remain anonymous to other eBay usersLots- Sell multiple items together to the same buyer as a "lot"Scheduled start - Schedule your listing to start at a specific date and time

Checkout - Offer payment methods to your customersShippingChoose to see the Shipping services that you use most often in your listings

Additional ship-to locations - Specify additional locations you are willing to ship to, without specifying a shipping service

Shipping insurance - Offer shipping insurance for your item

AdditionalBuyer requirements - Block certain eBay users from buying my itemsSales taxPayment instructionsReturn Policy

At any point you can also Contact Live Help by clicking on the question mark icon next to any topic.
Click on Question mark icon > More help > Live help.

In addition to the Live Help, various help content has been well organized and displayed against each topic, if need be.
Regards,
Preeti

Regards,
Preeti
Message 15 of 26
latest reply

preetim@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi Rajiv,

It is good to see that you have liked the new Sell Your Item form. Can you share with us your average time to list an item using the New SYI form.

As you also mentioned having to face some difficulties with Turbo Lister, I would request you to kindly check for updates on Turbo Lister 2 and then see if the Items Specifics option is available. You would have to click on the edit tab to the right of item specifics to select those details.
Regards,
Preeti

Regards,
Preeti
Message 16 of 26
latest reply

thanks for the detailed list. time taken was very less as i had all the specifics worked out prior to starting the form. Infact this is the mistake 90% of the sellers make is to decide the contents after they have started using the form. I would seriously recommend that please prepare the matter either on paper or frontpage or any medium you are comfortable with and only when you are satisfied with the page then ONLY start filling in the details. This method has worked very fine with me and I think my site desing will speak for it self.
Message 17 of 26
latest reply

preetim@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi Rajeev (roshniinfotech),

Thanks for sharing your positive experience and tips with us.
Regards,
Preeti

Regards,
Preeti
Message 18 of 26
latest reply

preetim@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello runalaila_in1

Some users currently see the New Sell Your Item form after clicking on the sell link.

However once you click on the Sell Link there is an option available right on top that states "List using the original Sell Your Item form". You can always click on this link and go back to list with the Old Sell Your Item form.

It is recommended that you try out the new Sell Your Item form as it is easier and faster as stated by other members also and going forth all members will be using the New Sell Your Item form to list.
Regards,
Preeti

Regards,
Preeti
Message 19 of 26
latest reply

preetim@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello touchnshine

We are sorry to know that you are facing some difficulties with the New Sell Your Item form.

Please find below my comments for each of your queries.

Question 1 & 2
1. It gives error when I try to ship worldwide
2. If I relist unsold item - and I have chosen International list-ing and I wish to edit and don't want to sell internationally second time it won't edit and always show fee as 15 Rs. This is happening again and again and again...

We are not able to replicate similar issues at our end. We would request you to get in touch with our customer support team. They will request you for more details and help resolve the issue.

Question 3
If I web host my own picture with this Sell Your Item form -- then it only provide just one link space --
What if I wish to upload 3 pictures ??

This feature is same as earlier SYI. In SYI 2.0 too, in the host my own picture section, you had just one URL but if you wish more you need to click - Picture Show. This will get you 6 more URLs to be added.

Question 4
It hangs many times...

We are not able to repicate this issue at our end. This might be a specific issue related to your account. I would request you to mail the specific issues to Customer Support and we will get in touch with you for more details.

Question 5
It takes time for an item to be searchable if u upload it via New Sell Your Item form.

At times, it takes a while for an item to be indexed on site. This is irrespective of the SYI you use.

Question 6
I always have to edit the settings in Customize form -- Can't it save for future listings ??

SYI 3.0 will always remember the last settings you used while creating an item, which is similar to SYI 2.0. It will be helpful if you can send in more details about the exact functionalities you are using. it will help us in investigating them and taking apprpriate action.

I hope this answers your questions. Should you have any more questions please feel free to post them here.
Regards,
Preeti

Regards,
Preeti
Message 20 of 26
latest reply