cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open House on Trust and Safety with Sharat Digumarti - 16 Mar (4-5 PM)

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi,

Please join Sharat Digumarti, Sr. Manager – Trust and Safety, in a discussion on how to keep eBay safe. Sharat will be discussing with you the initiatives taken by TnS to keep the site safe and future plans. If you have any questions on any trust or safety related topics, feel free to post them on this thread. Sharat will answer them during the Open House

Host: Sharat Digumarti, Sr. Manager – Trust and Safety
Date: Thursday, 16th March 2005
Time: 4.00 pm to 5.00 pm (IST)

Hope to see you there!

Regards,
Sapana
Message 1 of 81
latest reply
80 REPLIES 80

rishabh_iitk2001
Community Member
Dear Sharat,
I would like to suggest some points
1) There should be a page where those rules should be mentioned due to which any seller got suspended within one month. This would help many new sellers to avoid general mistakes.
2) The paisapay payment confirmation for large orders should be processed within 2-3 days. For each order i have to contact paisapay team after 4 working days through live chat which is kind of bad.
Thanks,

Rishabh
Message 41 of 81
latest reply

rishabh_iitk2001
Community Member
I would like to mention one more point.
Ebay should teach sellers and buyers about the policy voilation at the workshop held at different cities.
The workshop gives very basic and simple overview of the ebay.
Thanks,

Rishabh
Message 42 of 81
latest reply

rishabh_iitk2001
Community Member
Dear Ebay team,
There should be a option in preferences which should say whether or not ebay should call on the contact number provided by the seller for any promotion being held at ebay.in currently. I get many calls from ebay during the afternoon which is bad because I have to work during the night hours.
Thanks,

Rishabh
Message 43 of 81
latest reply

yash@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear srjsms

I will try to answer point by point

Prohibited and Banned

I request you to check the Policies on Prohibited and Restricted Items and in terms of the brands/words would not be feasible to be shared

Piracy – We don’t allow items will are in Copyright violation and there is a specific program for Right Owners who report violating items

IP addresses – It’s a valid suggestion and works only to a limited extend, The new feature in Buyer Requirements helps sellers to block users who are not SMS verified and this will help in blocking users from outside India

Seller Suspension – We have rolled out new consequences guidelines in Feb’06 which will help sellers to reduce their concerns related to suspensions.

Shipping Charges – We are taking actions on high shipping charges and did a small change in the listing view by changing the column of Shipping Charges next to Item price which earlier used to be the last column. In the next couple of weeks we are rolling some clear guidelines to sellers who are violating this. Unfortunately sellers have full control and some of them seem to be abusing this

ODR India – This a pilot we are trying with ODR India for 3 months. We have scheduled ODR India team to be on the boards in the next week and interact with our users. Unlike US we don’t have many 3 party solution providers for ecommerce

Questions related to items – Many at times the CS team faces challenge in replying for these questions as most users sent the title or a word. When taking action as a violation both the item, description has to be understood to give clear answer

Hope I have answered to most of your questions
Regards

Yash
Regards

Yash
Message 44 of 81
latest reply

sellerpostingidindia
Community Member
in an announcement on the 3rd of feb, you have yourself stated the words "We recognized that some of our policies were hard to understand, even for me. So last year, we spent several months rewriting our policy pages in straightforward language to make policies easier to understand. Now each page includes: a clear statement of the policy and why we have it; examples that illustrate what is and isn’t allowed; and a list of the possible consequences of violating the policy."

If the head of baazee’s legal dept. cannot understand ebay’s terms, the sellers are just in no position to. this does go to show that we sellers were in a very tight position to understand and change our selling policies in such a short span of time. Now what about old sellers who have been suspended due to such policies, and made some more mistakes which aggravated their suspensions. SHOULD THEY NOT BE GIVEN ANOTHER CHANCE TO PROVE THEIR GENUINITY???
Message 45 of 81
latest reply

srjsms
Community Member
hi sapana..

the issues i have raised are universal...not limited to me.. if u read my posts on this discussion..it deals abt feedback, frauds and more. we are losing out on customers and revenue on acocunt of these. as regards ebay motors, its been 21 days since i asked CS the question thru livehelp / email. as of date they havent given me an answer. this is also for the benfit of sellers.. who at times do not have proof of purchase / ownership - in the case of unused passenger items purchased from inbound passengers ie. perfumes, mobiles, laptops, electronics etc.
Message 46 of 81
latest reply

indconcepts
Community Member
Dear Sharat ,

You have said that you would be trying ODR for 3 months.

Do you think it would be viable for members who are selling / Buying low value Items, I mean after the promotional fee offer is over.( Or where first few case are free of cost)

Where the transaction amount is just 500 odd rupees. .

IndConcepts logo7

http://stores.ebay.in/IndConcepts

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7
Message 47 of 81
latest reply

rishabh_iitk2001
Community Member
Dear Yash,
I would like to know whether or not a seller can accept a online bank transfer directly to his account as a payment method? The payment is clearly reflected in buyers statement which can be used for payment proof also. It also makes the product cost lower by 3.5%.
Thanks,

Rishabh
Message 48 of 81
latest reply

srjsms
Community Member
thanx sharat....these arent my queries alone..but the queries of several sellers..... i still notice u havent answered me on the compulsory credit card / bank account debit, before confirmation of a bid by a buyer..as in the other auction / shopping sites
Message 49 of 81
latest reply

sreelakshmitraders
Community Member
Final Value Fee should be reduced
Message 50 of 81
latest reply