cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open House on Trust and Safety with Sharat Digumarti - 16 Mar (4-5 PM)

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi,

Please join Sharat Digumarti, Sr. Manager – Trust and Safety, in a discussion on how to keep eBay safe. Sharat will be discussing with you the initiatives taken by TnS to keep the site safe and future plans. If you have any questions on any trust or safety related topics, feel free to post them on this thread. Sharat will answer them during the Open House

Host: Sharat Digumarti, Sr. Manager – Trust and Safety
Date: Thursday, 16th March 2005
Time: 4.00 pm to 5.00 pm (IST)

Hope to see you there!

Regards,
Sapana
Message 1 of 81
latest reply
80 REPLIES 80

indconcepts
Community Member
Dear Sharat Digumarti,

Excuse me for putting up questions after questions.

I would like to mention that there is no coordination between the Community Boards & T&S.

Members are shouting FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD.

Innocent members are duped for lakhs of Rupees but you & your staff are sleeping.

The Community reported the possible fraud on 14th March but today till 10:35 on 16th March, no action has been taken.

The thread to the Post where the possible Fraud was reported is ....

http://forums.ebay.in/thread.jspa?threadID=600000507&start=0

But, I suppose when this particular question of mine reaches your assistants who may be assisting you in your Open House,
your department would run from pillar to post for suspending that members.

Just to show that how efficient your department is.

Its like, when the Chief Minister is on the round, cleaning operations are first priorities.

All the Listings of the Fraudster are ending at around 13:30 on 16th March.

The Fraudster has already sold Items worth Rs.2 Lakhs and many innocent Buyers would pay the money to him.

On the pretext of Buyer Protection Programme you would feel happy to offer Rs.9,950 (maximum amount under protection programme) to a Member who may be loosing more than 30,000 rupees of his hard earned money.

These members would never trust eBay and would never return back to this site.

What do you have to say ?

regards

Umang Midha .

IndConcepts logo7

http://stores.ebay.in/IndConcepts

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7
Message 21 of 81
latest reply

srjsms
Community Member
i have a long list of queries to the T & S team... about suspendison of sellers, fraud buyers and sellers etc.... i will post them here as soon as the long list is ready..
Message 22 of 81
latest reply

blowout-dealz3
Community Member
Quoting "I have buyers not reachable on phone or email after given SNP feedback" written by "occasionzgifts" in the first reply to this thread.

I have a similar issue with a buyer on my selling ID... The item was damaged in transit, he gave me a negative feedback, I offered him a full refund but he is not ready to send the parcel back. He does not even pick up calls or reply to emails.

Then he gives curt responses such as "pls don't harass on phone again and again" whereas I was just trying to know what is the exact peoblem he was facing.

Infact we spoke only once, which too he picked up after 3-4 missed calls, wherein I told him that I am offering him a full refund. After that, he does not attend calls, nor does he reply to email!!!

Thein another email he says "fine send me draft of 216+30 at my address, the day i get it i will send back ur item and remove negative feedback". AND THESE ARE HIS EXACT WORDS!!! I have proof. Isn't this feedback extortion??! How can I have faith on him that he is not cheating me?

Now, my question to the TnS team is... How do we take care of such buyers who just donot care about anything... the product, the money or the feedback? They are just out to destroy the genuine seller's feedback! I hope the TnS team comes out with a good way to prevent such fraud buyers from ruining the selling experience on ebay.
Message 23 of 81
latest reply

srjsms
Community Member
hi..am here now with my long list:
first on Listing of Banned / prohibited Items:several items that are covered under the Drugs & Cosmetics Act are listed on the site by carefully masking them. massagers, palliative susbstances, Bre##t enlargers, etc. ebay should have a data base of "brand Names" so that the brand name automatically blcoks the listing of Banned items..

pirated CDs' and Games are found in thousands... no acftion is taken against th sellers.

as regards fraud buyers: it is imperative that ebay makes entering of Credit card / debit card Number or Internet enabled Bank Account number before a buyer confirms the bid. no doubt the site traffic will get limited..but at the same time unpaid items will come down by more than 50% since on the closure of auction the account automatically gets charged. since SMS verification isnt helping this seems to be a better alternative. another point here is buyers from Nigeria / indonesia giving Indian Addresses and registering. it would be good if ebay could block the IP addresses from these countries.

As regards suspension of sellers: every seller here am sure is under the shadow of the demarcles sword.. no one is sure as to when they would get suspended and this leads us to lot of insecurity. instead if a system could be eveolved wherein for first offence a Star appears on the selelrs id, 2 offences the star becomes brighter and on the third offence the seller gets suspended. further on first offence, until seller clears the problem, account could be limited - he may not sell / list new items, but his account is operational. he can despatch the orders, check whether payment is recieved etc, make online purchases and ay for them. second offence he cannot buy / sell, but still can access his account to view for payments recieved and despatch the items...leave feedback etc... on third offence he can be booted.... further a seller should know exactly why he is booted from the site, since the emails recieved from Customer care are vague. further sellers should compulsarily file their bank account details etc to ensure that the seller is genuine and not a fraud.

on listing of High Value Items: ebay demands proof for high value items listed on the site. now very often in case of Imported goods, there may not be any proof of purchase / ownership in such case we could have an Audit..?? by a CA who certifies that the goods are in existence. since a CA is governed by Statute he will be willing to certify for a small fee. in the case of Listing of Used Vehciles by a dealer... a dealer never transfers the vehicles to his name, but merely obtains blank transfer documents from the seller., in such a case how will the seller provide proof of ownership.?

Special Points people like Shakawat Hossain and others continue to cheat in lacs and eBay do not lodge a single complain to the police regarding that. eBay is asking others to lodge complain. This is strange - the cheats are operating thru you so you should also take the initiative as you are having all the personal details. Protecting ones personal information is good but protecting the information of a cheater is morally a guilt and an offense similar to the cheating the Indian Law says that the person witholding information is an accomplice to the crime and that the crime has taken place with his acquissence.. hence ebay should make public the names / addresses of Frauds both buyers and selelrs so that everyone is aware of these people.

Staff at the TS Department:
i know you people will be having 1000's of complaints and its pratically impossible to deal with everything.. however instead of posting automated replies, they could provide proper information. i had asked a question as to whether medicated oils are allowed since they do not come under the D& C Act.. however the staff said that unless they see the item they cannot comment... so if there could be a provision to send samples to ebay ??? and ebay approve the same..?

<<b>on High Shipping Charges: there should be a cap on shipping charges. 1 paisa auctions are losing their charm since a product is listed at 1 Paisa and the Shipping Charges are as high as 9000 rupees…. This is not what wwant to offer to buyers. Instead I guess for different classes of items different Maximum shipping charges should be specified, and a seller should not be allowed to charge higher shipping charges. This will definitely make the site more attractive for our buyers. I saw a Sherwani on Sale for 1 Paisa….. however the Shipping charges were 24,349/-

on the introduction of ODR: ODR is a online Arbitration service governed by the Arbitration and conciliation Act of 1996. however the fees seem to be a bit too high. it has a lot of credibility. lets see if it helps.

so these are the thoughts that i have got as of now..will post more wehn someone responds to these ideas.!! cheerios
Message 24 of 81
latest reply

blowout-dealz3
Community Member
Quoting "there should be some provision of making instant payment." by "touch_and_shine" in an earlier post.

I too support this as I have over 65% non-paying buyers on my selling ID. I have bought some stuff on rival auction sites in India,(I donot know if I can name them here ?:| ) and I like their system. They ask for the Payment authorisation before confirming the bid, and the payment is taken from our account the moment I win the auction.

This way there is 100% fulfilment and even lesser work for the genuine buyers, as they donot have to go back and login, find the order and go through 2-3 steps agian, just to make the payment. And... I'm sure the sellers too are happy as they donot have to waste their time on such fraud buyer that are currently creating havoc on eBay.

Also, as almost 75% of the fulfilled orders are paid through PaisaPay, I am sure PaisaPay can, and should, charge the buyers immediately. True, the buyers who select any other payment mode may still get away. But this too can be overruled if the sellers are allowed to block other buyers and accept bids only from buyers who are ready to pay through Paisapay instantly on closure of the auction. This will be an extra attraction for the sellers to accept ONLY paisapay as the payment mode. So this way everyone will win...

- buyers, because they will have to do lesser work while paying and they can spend the time buying more,
- sellers, because of lesser time wasted on filing reminders, UPIs and FVFs, and they can spend the time sourcing more item to sell,
- PaisaPay, as more transaction will happen through their payment gateway,
- and surely eBay, because its servers will be freed from a lot of such non completed deals, and it can spend that money on providing some other facilities.

I really hope eBay too looks into some such automated payment program to help everyone.
Message 25 of 81
latest reply

blowout-dealz3
Community Member

If A Seller Is Offering 100% Moneyback Guarantee, On What Ground Can A Buyer Raise A SNAD Dispute Against The Seller ?
Isn't It A Contradictory Concept Used By Many Buyers To Bully Serious Sellers ?

I fully support the above words mentioned by "runalaila_in1". I think a buyer should not be allowed to open dispute against a seller offering 100% money-back. As mentioned in my earlier post, I have this buyer who has just given a -ve feednack and is just not replying.

Quoting "ingle.rahul" I did not report him as unpaid, since he was already blocked by ebay.

You have to file an UPI even for suspended buyers, as how would eBay know that the buyer did not pay you, as many suspended buyers too do pay for the items. That is why eBay has these training seminars, and attending them really helps new sellers like us. B-) I suggest everyone that you too attend the seminar before selling. 😄
Message 26 of 81
latest reply

kamakhya_collections
Community Member
Dear Ebay Team,

I would like to say that there is no safety and no trust... no safety for both buyers and sellers.

As several buyers have complained that sellers take money and never send the product and after a few days it shows ... no longer registered with ebay now whats the security of the buyers money... ?

There should be proper & strict verification of both buyers as well as sellers.
We are not playing games we want to build a safe trading environment that's what each and every ebay member needs today.

So please before you take any decisions think only about proper ebay member verification.

Just make a strict rule for all sellers that they have to send their identity proofs to ebay team for verification process, so that no seller could run away with the buyers money.
Next the same should be done with buyers, they too should be verified by adding credit card information and not mobile verification that is useless.

Then comes the feedback policy ,
One of the biggest problems faced by ebay sellers is that some buyers do not respond in any way even when we offer full refund for the transaction. They do not co-operate in any way still need their payment back and not even care a damn to change the feedback left on a sellers reputation.
You think in this case will a seller give the refund back ?
Why should a seller take such a big action without even any assurance that the buyer will take back the feedback or close the dispute ?
What's the security of the seller here ?

Sellers need genuine buyers.

And buyers need trustable sellers who don't run with their money.
Even i have faced problems with a few sellers i got an item delivered in an extreme poor condition the adapter was badly damaged and the machine was not in running condition i lost my money and the seller responded with a extreme poor support he said ... we checked the machine before dispatch it was fine and was in excellent working condition .
When it was delivered to me the adapter was badly damaged now what's my fault in the whole case the seller seemagifts cheated me.

Okay i accept the the adapter got damaged in transit now what about the working condition of the machine ?
Here we see another example of cheating by another ebay seller.

I don't say ebay is a safe place. It's a worst place to buy anything. I have always had bad experience with sellers. Only a few are geniue who refunds money , who take extra ordinary care of the buyers money. Who really care for their transactions.
But as i said only few.

I would also like to say that on ebay a few buyers create problems than that of the sellers.

So what do you have to say in this matter... ?
What security is offered to a buyer when sellers takes the money and becomes unregistered on ebay site ?

What if buyer buys a product and harrases ebay sellers later on after recieving the items ?

Where is the Trust & Where is the safety ?
Message 27 of 81
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi All,

A warm welcome to today's Open House. Today we have Sharat Digumarti with us. Sharat manages the Trust and Safety function in eBay India and is excited to be here today. Sharat will be here till 5 PM.

He will be answering the questions already posted by our users, before answering fresh questions in the session.

Please Welcome Sharat! Feel free to post your questions and make the most of this one hour.

Warm Regards,
Sapana
Message 28 of 81
latest reply

yash@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear ebay users

I am happy to be on the boards and looking forward to an interactive session with you all.

Some of you have already posted few suggestions, concerns and I shall try and answer them today.

Since migration from Baazee to eBay platform there various suggestions/concerns and we have been addressing them based on priority and impact

1. Seller Suspensions
2. Feedback System
3. Buyer Verification
4. UPI
5. Buyer Requirement Tool
6. Buyer Protection
7. Multiple Listings
8. High Shipping Charges
9. Bad/Fraudulent Users
10. Third Party Tools/Resources

Against each of the above we have done progress and on some of them would always be ongoing.
Regards

Yash
Regards

Yash
Message 29 of 81
latest reply

indconcepts
Community Member
Hello Sharat .

IndConcepts logo7

http://stores.ebay.in/IndConcepts

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7
Message 30 of 81
latest reply