cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open House on Trust and Safety with Sharat Digumarti - 16 Mar (4-5 PM)

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi,

Please join Sharat Digumarti, Sr. Manager – Trust and Safety, in a discussion on how to keep eBay safe. Sharat will be discussing with you the initiatives taken by TnS to keep the site safe and future plans. If you have any questions on any trust or safety related topics, feel free to post them on this thread. Sharat will answer them during the Open House

Host: Sharat Digumarti, Sr. Manager – Trust and Safety
Date: Thursday, 16th March 2005
Time: 4.00 pm to 5.00 pm (IST)

Hope to see you there!

Regards,
Sapana
Message 1 of 81
latest reply
80 REPLIES 80

occasionzgifts
Community Member
Hello Sharat,

There has been no action on the SNAD and SNP issues despite many promises.

You had said there will be an Indian dispute resolution mechanism simillar to SquareTrade sometime in January. IT is March and are still waiting for it.

Or is this just another instance of "Promise and Forget" policy which eBay.in has been following since last one year?

Where are the changes in the proof of resolution which is asked for the SNP suspended seller?

We had discussed on a time limitation for Online Disputes.
No action has been seen on this.

What about accepting valid PODs by leading courier companies (which will not contain the complete address of Buyers). These are proof enough for charge back protection (online PODs are accepted by PaisaPay) and Insurance claims but not good enough for TnS?

What about Negative and Neutral Feedback being considered as Online Disputes and proof of resolution being asked for the same? If buyer has a dispute he will file an ODR. Feedback should never be considered as a dispute.

I have buyer(s) complaining that products accepted on COD delivery are damaged, 3 days after delivery was accepted! So do you want me to give proof of resolution of such dispute(s) if I again get pulled up for SNP?

I have buyers not reachable on phone or email after given SNP feedback. So now will be asking for proof of resolution of such feedback by treating them as disputes?

I have buyers not willing to return defective products after opening ODRs. Will you suspend me for SNP if I do not refund the buyer without receving a high value product?

There are dozens of such scenarios which every seller will tell you.

Unless there is a specific ODR mechanism, either by eBay or third party, all sellers will be one day suspended for SNP.

Unless you have a time limit for automatic closing of ODRs, these will pile up and all sellers will be one day suspended for SNP.

Please align your SNP and SNAD/INR policies to Indian market conditions.

A POD of a leading courier should be accepted and not your US standards applied to Indian conditions. Otherwise no seller will be able to give POD in cases of INR.

INR, SNAD and SNP combined with an unusually high importance given to FeedBack by eBay are the sellers worst problems of selling on this site.

A seller offering Money Back Guarantee should never have any OD. If a buyer does not like the product which he has received, he should be simply return it for a refund. But even with most sellers offering Money Back Guarantee, ODs and SNP feedback is received in tons.

eBay has to remember every hurt / wronged buyer will leave Negative Feedback buy only about 25 - 35 % of happy buyers leave Positive Feedback. So if a seller has 98% feedback, it does not mean he has 2% unhappy buyers but only about 0.5% unhappy buyers.

Every business will have a small percentage of unhappy customer. In the Indian scenario, it is between 1% and 5%. The sooner we accept this, the more the site will prosper. If we have unsustainable high stardards, than very few will meet the criteria and most will give up. And a site is only good as its sellers.

Just a point to ponder - Most sellers who have been kicked of this site for SNP are huge sellers on other e-commerce sites. I do not need to name any names as you / eBay marketing staff are well aware of these sellers. Infact the marketing guy of another site was gloating to me that the worst seller of Baazee (this incident is two years old) is the best seller of his site, even in terms of service! Other sites also continue to grow and these sellers do fantastically well on those sites.

So who is wrong - the site or the sellers?

Who is the ultimate looser - the site or the sellers?

I really pity poor Samar. All these efforts to bring in new sellers by holding seller seminars and promotions throughout the country go in vain, the no. of PowerSellers keeps coming down. I had asked Sapana some 6 months back the no. of PowerSellers born in the eBay era and she could not think of a figure beyone 10.
Message 2 of 81
latest reply

indconcepts
Community Member
Dear Sharat,

Hello,

I have recently tried the Buyer Requirements Activity Log and by doing a little R & D I found that the blocked Buyer was able to breach in and BID for my Items.

The said Buyer was blocked first but was successful after 2 days.

He didn't qualify me criteria ....
Block Buyers who are currently winning or have bought 5 of my items in the last 10 days and have a feedback score of 0 or lower
.....but still able to get in.

I just don't want to be specific here as this workshop is meant for general querries but would like to know your comments how foolproof this system is.

Umang Midha .

IndConcepts logo7

http://stores.ebay.in/IndConcepts

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7
Message 3 of 81
latest reply

touch_and_shine
Community Member

Hi Sharat. In ebay.in
there should be some provision of making instant payment. In this way buyer's
won't be able to select Demand Draft, Cheque, Others and seller won't remain
waiting for their cheque or Demand Draft. Every buyer can only purchase item
after being verified -- the way sellers are verified on Ebay.in. Buyers who
select Cheque , DD or others as payment methods accepted are generally that type
of buyers who don't pay or we can categorise them as fake buyers. I have also
encountered a buyer who purchase 10 of my items -- wrote non - sense in checkout
and left 10 negatives for me immediately. His modus operandi compelled me to
think that he is not a buyer and a seller and taking revenge from me. Buyers
have many categories in Ebay India now :

1. Immediate Payer :
Who pays by the speed of light.

2. Slow Payer : Who
awakes only after getting Unpaid item Reminder

3. Non - Payer : Inke
kaan mein joon bhi nahi rengati despite of sending many mails or phone calls.

We need immediate
paying buyers and not slow or non - payer.

http://search.ebay.in/_W0QQsassZtouchQ5fandQ5fshine

Message 4 of 81
latest reply

Sharatji,

I have been selling a product called sauna belt. There are some 20-25 sellers also selling the same product.

I today received a mail stating the my product in violation of some eBay policy and the listing was removed from the site. I also received a suspension warning regarding the same product. However I still see some 70+ listings of the product live on the site.

I have 2 questions:

1) If a huge no. of sellers are selling a new product, is it not better putting up a communication either on the communication boards / seller updates / seller outreach that the said products are in violation, rather than issue sellers suspension warnings?

2) I have received the warning and closed all my active listings and deleted the scheduled listings. However I still see 70+ listings from some 15-20 odd sellers at the time of this posting. Why is the action taken selective and not universal?
Message 5 of 81
latest reply

occasionzgifts
Community Member
You had said there will be an Indian dispute resolution mechanism simillar to SquareTrade sometime in January. IT is March and are still waiting for it.

I feel really stupid asking the above.

Now I believe if any person dying of thrist asks eBay or TnS for water, they will gladly give him a bottle of Poison.

ODR India will be the last nail in the coffin of the genuine eBay.in seller.
Message 6 of 81
latest reply

indconcepts
Community Member
Hello,

I totally agree with occasionzgifts .

This looks like a poison.

I am not very aware of the details of SQUARE TRADE and wheather ORD India is on the similar lines.

I am sure there is going to be a SATTA BAAZAR on ebay now........with Automated Negotiations of ORD INDIA.

People demanding money by Bidding and Sellers who sell High Value Items are in for trouble.

Is this kind of thing legal in INDIA ?

Umang Midha .

IndConcepts logo7

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7
Message 7 of 81
latest reply

snrama
Community Member
Dear Sharat,

I have used Buyer Requirements Activity Log which has been very usefull to me to judge and exempt the honest buyers from the buyer requirements.

But I am not happy with the sales after enabling SMS Verification Process. Many buyers think that giving phone numbers online is not saftly (as I have heard from many). So what do you think on this issue.

Also on the ORD India! I am not happy with the fee structure as it has been converted from dollers to Rupee. This will be only usefull if its a high value product or else its not worth for low budget products. ---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) 😉
---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) 😉
Message 8 of 81
latest reply

indconcepts
Community Member
Hello Sharat,

I have another question.

I have collaborated with few Organisations for business on ebay.

Representatives from these Organisations visit my place for various discussions.They Login to their Account from my place.

Now, I am aware that IP address & ISP Host is recorded at ebays end.

I just want to ensure that my ID shouldn't be linked to any other account.

What precautions I should take?

Registeration addresses, phone numbers etc are all valid and of genuine parties.

I as an Individual have only ONE account.

Kindly advice.

regards
Umang Midha .

IndConcepts logo7

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7
Message 9 of 81
latest reply

sowmya29
Community Member
hi,
i would like to watch the disscusion on 16th march..
regards,
naraynan
Message 10 of 81
latest reply