Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Online Workshop on Shipping Options & COD, 29 Nov, 4 -5 PM

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Dear Members,

Our sellers have shared their difficult in using the shipping options, especially COD option. This workshop aims at explaining the existing options in greater details, and also gaining a better understanding of the issues that sellers are facing.

Date: Wednesday, 29th November
Time: 4.00 to 5.00 PM (IST)
Host: eBay

Post your question in advance by clicking on Post a reply button.

Warm Regards,
Sapana
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

zedgems
Community Member
hi myself mayank.
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

zedgems
Community Member
is anyone there????
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

grn.house
Community Member
Hi,I am Deep,Iwanted to know the sources (courier service)address,those are realiable,economic.
2.In case of COD Which co. deals in Delhi.
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Hi Friends,
The payment receipient P.O. has to be the same as from where it is posted.
As such, all post offices cant afford to provide this service.
So, all sellers wont be able to do COD, even I am not doing,because my P.O. wont do and I know this is a slow mail.Half my buyers are international buyers.
But many sellers will be able to do. Should not be problem.Many big business houses are doing.Nothing special. Ask your area post master. Thats all.
I think this is the only thing you want to know.
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

cochinmall
Community Member
Hey friends.

My name is Rahul and i am a small time seller from Cochin,Kerala. I have got problems when i ship items frequently especially electronic items. None of the courier services in Cochin are willing to accept electronic items as it might get lost/damaged during transit.

Presently i have got a tie up with Aramex courier services and it is going fine with them.But when there is no service to places by Aramex courier, i have to run here and there and finally send via Speed Post where these people have no guarantee on the items.

Recently i had to send a mobile phone without the battery via Speed Post for which i got a Negative Feedback!!!! Has eBay.in got a tie up with any reputed courier service?

I asked Blue Dart if they could help since i heard that blue dart and ebay.in have a tie up,but blue dart officials told that they dont have that tie up in Cochin.Now how lame is that excuse.

Could you please help me out?

Regards
Rahul
cochinmall

Regards
Rahul
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi All,

Welcome to today's workshop.

Today we have Aakash from Product team to walk you thought the Shipping validation option when a buyer checks out. Some of you have reported problems with the functioning of the feature. Aakash will be glad to answer any queries related to the feature.

Please feel free to make the most of the next one hour.

Regards,
Sapana
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

aakash@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello Everybody,

I am from the Product team and I look after the Buying and checkout areas. Today we will discuss the checkout process especially relating to the Shipping and payment options validations in the Review Your Purchase page.

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have on this topic. I will be here for the next 1 hour to answers these.

Regards,
Aakash
Product Management Team
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

aakash@ebay.com
Community Member
Let me start by explaining the logic behind the shipping and payment options validations.

Once the buyer has bought an item, he/ she has to initiate checkout to complete the payment for the item. The 1st step in checkout is the Review Your Purchase page. On this page the buyer specifies the following details:

o Shipping address
o Shipping method
o Payment method.

The choice for the shipping method and the payment method done by the buyer should adhere to certain pre defined validations programmed in the checkout logic. These validations are built to confirm that the user is choosing a payment method corresponding to the shipping method chosen.

Let me list the shipping methods available on the eBay India site:

o Flat rate courier โ€“ Delivery anywhere in India
o National courier โ€“ Delivery outside sellerโ€™s city
o Local courier โ€“ Delivery within sellerโ€™s city
o Flat rate COD โ€“ Delivery anywhere in India
o National COD โ€“ Delivery outside sellerโ€™s city
o Local COD โ€“ Delivery within sellerโ€™s city
o Will not ship โ€“ local pick up only.

The payment methods available on the eBay India site are:

o PaisaPay
o Cheque
o Demand Draft
o Cash on Delivery (COD)
o Buyer Picks Up & pays (BPP)
o Others/ See Description

Local Vs National Shipping Options Validation

The shipping options are designed such that sellers are able to cater to buyers from different locations with different shipping costs. Hence the above shipping options are split into local and national.

The validations in the checkout flow verify the following:

On the basis of the Pin code of the buyer (picked up from the Shipping address of the buyer), we identify if the buyer is from the same city as the seller or not. This is done by mapping the buyer and seller Pin codes.
If the buyer is not from the same city as the seller, the buyer will be only displayed the national shipping options if offered by the seller. In case the seller has not offered any national shipping option, we will display the local shipping options.
If the buyer is from the same city as the seller, the buyer will be displayed all the shipping options offered by the seller including local & national.

The validations work only if the Pin code of the both the buyer and the seller are present in the India database. If the pin code is not present, the validations are by passed and the buyer is displayed all shipping options. We are aware that this is a limitation and are working to update the Pin codes.

Shipping Vs Payment Options Validations

In checkout we also validate if the user has specified a payment options that supports the shipping option. This is specifically applicable for COD and BPP. These are available both as shipping and payment methods.

In case a buyer selects any COD shipping method, then it is mandatory for the buyer to chose COD as a payment option if offered by the seller. If COD is not offered by the seller as a payment option (but offered as a shipping option), then the validation will not work and the buyer can select another option.
Similar logic exists for BPP.

All these validations have been designed to ensure that the buyer chooses a relevant shipping cost and payment option. These validations do not work if the seller has sent an invoice to the buyer, before the buyer completes checkout.

Hope this helps all of you to understand the checkout validations better. Please feel free to ask any questions.

Regards,
Aakash
Product Management Team
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

haseeb*14
Community Member

hi,i have ordered for a product.but there is no courier services in to my postal address,and i have no alternative address..then how can i deliver the product?if not,can i get my money back..?

Message 10 of 10
latest reply