cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Learn about what sells on eBay and Sourcing them - 17 Aug (4-5 PM)

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi,

Are you new to eBay and wanting to start your eBay business? Join in this workshop to know what products are selling on eBay, conducting your research before selling on eBay and sourcing products for selling on eBay.

Topic: New Seller, get started on eBay – Know what products to sell and source
Host: eBay Staff
Date: Thursday, 17th Aug
Time: 4.00 pm to 5.00 pm (IST)

See you on 17th!

Regards,
Sapana
Message 1 of 93
latest reply
92 REPLIES 92

treasurechestindia
Community Member
I need to know the financial aspect of a transaction on ebay. how do I buy or sell ? How do I contact paisapay etc and begin?
Message 41 of 93
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
Dear treasurechestindia,

There are no fees for registering and Listing your products on eBay India. We charge a nominal fee only if your item sells successfully.

The fee structure is as follows:
eBay charges 5 % on the final selling price of your product (up to Rs 4000). Thereafter, it is charged at 2.5 % on the remaining amount that exceeds Rs 4000/-.

This is subject to a minimum fee of Rs 3/- per transaction

For e.g. If you sell an Item worth Rs 3000, you will be charged a flat 5 % on Rs 3000 which totals to Rs 150/-. This is the amount you pay incase your product sells successfully (service tax applicable on the invoice amount)

Lets say your item price is Rs 7500, in this case your fees will be calculated on the following

Initial up to Rs 4000- flat 5 % Rs 200/- eBay Fees
The difference Rs 3500(7500-4000) Rs 87.50 eBay Fees

Total Fees applicable if you sell at Rs 7500, is Rs 287.50

Note: There are additional Display fees to help promote your products on eBay. However they are optional & will be charged irrespective whether your product sells or not.

To Register for Paisapay, Click here:
http://pages.ebay.in/ebayexplained/paisapaysellers.html

In order to help you learn how to sell on eBay, we would like you to get in touch with our Training Team on
TOLL FREE- 1800-22-3229 (MTNL Or BSNL) or alternatively 022-24990700. You may also email at training.india@ebay.com with your contact details and preferred time of calling and we would love to get in touch with you

Warm Regards,
Tanya Goel
Message 42 of 93
latest reply

shankar.narayan
Community Member
Sapna,

I am first time seller on e bay, I have listed a website for sale www.expertindian.com but when I do a search for find items it does not list. But it shows 6 d plus remaining for bidding on my my ebay account. CAn you pls help.

Rgds
Shankar
Message 43 of 93
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
Dear Shankar (shankar.narayan)

I reviewed your listing and found that your listing contains contact details which violates the eBay Listing policies and hence your listing may be pulled down.

I would suggest you go through the links below to understand our listing terms

Circumventing eBay Fees:
http://pages.ebay.in/help/policies/listing-circumventing.html

Links Policy
http://pages.ebay.in/help/policies/listing-links.html

Do feel free to contact us for any further clarification.

Warm Regards,
Tanya Goel
Message 44 of 93
latest reply

kasis2005
Community Member
HI,
This is Sekar. Can I sell Halwa(sweet) and honey in ebay?
If yes means pl inform under which category.
Message 45 of 93
latest reply

Hi,

I have just started selling and yesterday night, I listed my items. But I could not find when I search for buying.

Details for item number: 220046600402
Listed in category: Coins & Stamps > Stamps > World Stamps > Europe

http://cgi.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220046600402&ssPageName=ADME:B:EF:IN:11

But when I search manually for "beautiful" or "colorful" I don't find my item.
Neither I get my item when I scrolled through items.

Can u please let me know why I don't find my item in the list ?

Thanks,
Rajesh Bhatia
Message 46 of 93
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
Dear bhatia_rts,

Sometimes it may take a couple of hours for your listing to show up after you have submitted your listing.

I have tried searching for your listing through the Category search as well as through keywords used in your title and in both cases your listing shows up.

Incase you are still not able to see your listing, please do let me know

Warm Regards,
Tanya Goel
Message 47 of 93
latest reply

ashishvrs
Community Member
hi,
i want to sell of products through multi level marketing.i have 14 products like-tvs m/cycle,open microwave oven,siyaram's cloths,whirlpool fridge,policies of icici,tata-aig,bajaj allianz,energy saver approved by govt. of india,vaccume cleaner,purifier and health products etc.
please give me guideline how to generate my business on ebay.
Message 48 of 93
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
Dear ashishvrs,

In order to help you sell multiple products, our training team would get in touch with you shortly and guide you step by step on how to get started

Alternatively, you can also reach the training team on TOLL FREE- 1800-22-3229 ( MTNL/BSNL) or ( 022)- 24990700

Warm Regards,
Tanya Goel
Message 49 of 93
latest reply

manohar_shyam
Community Member
Hi,
I would like to get started on selling an economic range of ladies footwear which I manufacture here in Bangalore, I would like to know more about which is the preferred courier from Bangalore for ,domestic and international destinations and their charges.
I would also prefer if there is some one in Bangalore who will help me get started, I have over 40 items in ladies footwear in the price range of Rs.175 to Rs.300 which I can supply in decent quantities.
Message 50 of 93
latest reply