cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Learn about what sells on eBay and Sourcing them - 17 Aug (4-5 PM)

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi,

Are you new to eBay and wanting to start your eBay business? Join in this workshop to know what products are selling on eBay, conducting your research before selling on eBay and sourcing products for selling on eBay.

Topic: New Seller, get started on eBay – Know what products to sell and source
Host: eBay Staff
Date: Thursday, 17th Aug
Time: 4.00 pm to 5.00 pm (IST)

See you on 17th!

Regards,
Sapana
Message 1 of 93
latest reply
92 REPLIES 92

Anonymous
Not applicable
Dear nakatib,

Semi Precious & Precious Stones seem to have good demand in countries like USA & UK and you may want to list your products directly on those sites.

To know the potential of your products in these markets, do a search ( particulary Completed Listing Search)to understand what type of pricing, product description etc are working in these countries.

Alternatively, you can also choose to list internatioanlly through eBay india where your product is available locally and across all international countries that eBay has its presence in.

In order to have a better understanding on trading internationally, you may want to visit our Global Trade Hub where all possible information regarding international selling is available

http://pages.ebay.in/ebayexplained/international_selling.html

Warm Regards,
Tanya Goel
Message 31 of 93
latest reply

nakatib
Community Member
hi tanya! thanks a billion.the information you provided was real useful thanks once again.i wish to ask as to generally how many hits percentage wise must be taking place directly in ebay shops.this i ask coz i have a shop but hardly satisfactory hits.infact there was much more movment when i did not have a shop initially.
nakatib
Message 32 of 93
latest reply

decorz9
Community Member
Hi

I'm currently planning to sell tables,chairs,dinning sets and sofa's of very high quality to customers in and around chennai alone initially. I would be able to offer the materials at 25% less then the current market price. I would really be very glad if you can guide me to the process of setting up the payment options. I would also be glad if you can provide me training on the selling part ( Procedures that I need to follow in Ebay).

Regards
Rajaram
Message 33 of 93
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
Dear decorz9,

It would be my pleasure to help you start your furniture business on eBay. It is fine to start listing your item in chennai first but gradually you should be provide options nationally to a larger buyer base.

Payment Options you can select could be Demand Draft, cheque or even online payments through credit card or bank transfers. Since you are planning to start locally now, you can also choose an option of Cash on Delivery whereby you can deliver the product to the buyers doorstep and pick up cash from him at the time of delivery. Also you may want to select " Buyer Picks and Pays" whereby the buyer chooses to come down to your shop/home and take the delivery of the product himself after making you the payment.

Tip: Always try to give as many payment methods as you can so you can cater to all sorts of buyers.

We would be getting in touch with you shortly on the selling procedure. You can also get in touch with us at the following email id: training.india@ebay.com for any selling related queries

Warm Regards,
Tanya Goel
Message 34 of 93
latest reply

sonal3468
Community Member
ONE OF MY CUSTOMERS IS ASKING TO SUPPLY MEDICINES AYURVEDIC LIKE HIMALAYA TO USA. I WANT TO ASK IS THIS LEGAL? WILL I FACE ANY CUSTOMS PROBLEM? I WAS TOLD THAT NO MEDICINES ARE ALLOWED TO BE IMPORTED INSIDE USA
Message 35 of 93
latest reply

ringking*
Community Member
HELLO,

I WANT TO LISTING DIAMONDS & JEWELELRY ON EBAY.COM (USA) WEBSITE.
SO, PLEASE LET ME KNOW THAT HOW CAN I SEND DIAMONDS & JEWELLRY YO USA AT LOWEST SHIPPING RATE?
PLEASE TELL ME BRIFELY.

THANKS.
Message 36 of 93
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
Dear sonal3468,

Listings of medicinal products is against eBay listing policies. You may want to go through our policy page to understand what type of products are restricted on being listed on ebay.

Please find link below that will help you understand our listing policies.
http://pages.ebay.in/help/policies/drugs.html

Regarding importing of medicines in USA, it would be better if you take advise from your shipping company regarding the legal formalities of the same

Warm Regards,
Tanya Goel
Message 37 of 93
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
Dear ringking*,

Most people feel that India Speed Post is one of the most economical way of shipping products internationally.

Recently, we conducted a workshop with DHL shipping company on international shipping rates and i am giving you the link of that workshop which will help you understand DHL rates and their shipping policies.

DHL Shipping Workshop
http://forums.ebay.in/thread.jspa?threadID=600001084&tstart=0&mod=1159010023213

Also, you may find this discussion useful where ebay members discussed rates for international shipping by different companies

http://forums.ebay.in/thread.jspa?threadID=500000546&tstart=0&mod=1152852398198

Warm Regards,
Tanya Goel
Message 38 of 93
latest reply

gaudam40
Community Member
Hi,
I am intersted to know the venue details for participation,
gautam chaudhury
Message 39 of 93
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
Dear Gautam (gaudam40),

The DHL workshop was conducted here on the community boards itself under "Workshop Discussion" category.

You may click on the link mentioned in the earlier post to go through the discussion between DHL staff and our eBay Users.

Do get back for any further clarification

Warm Regards,
Tanya Goel
Message 40 of 93
latest reply