cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Learn about what sells on eBay and Sourcing them - 17 Aug (4-5 PM)

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi,

Are you new to eBay and wanting to start your eBay business? Join in this workshop to know what products are selling on eBay, conducting your research before selling on eBay and sourcing products for selling on eBay.

Topic: New Seller, get started on eBay – Know what products to sell and source
Host: eBay Staff
Date: Thursday, 17th Aug
Time: 4.00 pm to 5.00 pm (IST)

See you on 17th!

Regards,
Sapana
Message 1 of 93
latest reply
92 REPLIES 92

aroradk55
Community Member
Dear Sapana,

I am a new seller on ebay. Before posting items I am learning the whole procedure thoroughly so that I can post them in appropriate manner. I can offer Bagh Print(Block Print) salwar suit unstitched material for sale. If this works then I would like to go for kaftans/tops of the same material. Can I get complete guidance for the same.

Regards,

Daljeet dk
dk
Message 2 of 93
latest reply

gujgold
Community Member
Hi,

We are manufacturing 99.90% pure gold bars and coins and would like to offer them to buyer interested in purchase of high purity gold for investment purpose.

The coins and bars sold by ICICI or SBI are imported from other countries and carry a very high making/commission charges above the daily market price of gold in India. Also the domestic brands like Tanishq or MMTC also charge very high making charges.

Our gold bars besides matching in purity and weight would offer much better resale value to a buyer due to low cost of manufacturing/commission.

We can also offer buy back arrangement if a customer wishes to do so at very nominal discount on prevailing price of fine gold on the day of receipt.

Can you advise us a suitable model to start sell on eBay?

Regards.

Anil Kansara
Message 3 of 93
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
Dear daljit (aroradk55),

We would be more than glad to help you start your business of Salwar suits/kaftan Tops on eBay.

Just to share some interesting facts with you, the Marketing Research Data indicates that on an average more than 400 womens Tops sell every week with a price range between Rs 100/- to Rs 800/-.

Indian Ethnic Wear ( unstitched dress materials) are more preferred by international buyers and you may want to list them on international sites such as UK, USA and Germany.

I would advise you to start with both your product range (Salwar Suits and kaftan Tops)and see which performs better. Also be open to international selling and work the logostics out.

If you are interested, we can provide you a FREE Training where our eBay experts would guide you through the listing & sales process. Please write to training.india@ebay.com with your complete contact details and preferred time of training.

Warm Regards,
Tanya Goel
Message 4 of 93
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
Dear Anil (gujgold),

Interestingly your product is unique and it would require some experimenting to know its potential for online sale.

To start with,

A) Start Listing your items on eBay India and eBay worldwide. Mention all the benefits and features that you have mentioned in this post in all your listings for buyers to get a better understanding of your product.

B)Create an " About Me" Page containing details of your products and benefits to the buyers. After a while if a buyer searches for Gold Bars in Google, your About Me page will start appearing thus increasing your buyer visit and chances of selling.

C) I also did a completed Items Search in eBay USA and found that Gold bars do sell there and hence you may want to try listing them internationally.

Please note there are eBay Fees applicable for International Listing.

D)If you are interested, we can provide you a FREE Training where our eBay experts would guide you through the listing & sales process. Please write to training.india@ebay.com with your complete contact details and preferred time of training.

Last but not the least, do have a lot of patience since it might be some time before you see some sales in this unique Category :-)

Warm Regards,
Tanya Goel
Message 5 of 93
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi All,

welcome to today's workshop. Toady we have Tanya from the seller Marketing team to help you understand what sells on eBay, and to help you find out potential of your products on eBay.

If you already have a product in mind, that you wish to sell, please post the produt here. If you do not have a product, look for some sourcing tips.

Click on Post a reply button on top of the page to ask your questions.

Regards,
Sapana
Message 6 of 93
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello and welcome to today’s workshop. My name is Tanya and I am part of the Seller Marketing Team

This workshop is packed with tips and helpful links to resources on what to sell on eBay. Feel free to ask questions about selling on eBay.

We love workshops to be interactive, so please feel free to ask your questions that directly relate to this topic

Added note: If you click on the "Watch this discussion" link, you will receive an email each time someone posts to the workshop

Warm Regards,
Tanya Goel
Message 7 of 93
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
Choosing the Right Product

Before you start selling on eBay it's always good to do a bit of research to make sure you know what to expect from the item you have for sale. Try to gauge what sale price you can expect, how much postage costs other sellers, what type of title and descriptions you should use and also what category to list your item in.

It is also very important to choose a product that you have adequate knowledge about and are comfortable explaining. Before choosing a product, you may also like to consider knowing the delivery costs to send the item to anywhere in India

Warm Regards,
Tanya Goel
Message 8 of 93
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
Lets now go through various eBay Tools designed to help you understand what is on demand on eBay and then share some interesting eBay Fast Facts

eBay Pulse
To know what Sells on eBay at the moment, you must visit the eBay Pulse Section that gives you a fair idea on what type of products are buyers searching for. eBay Pulse gives results category wise incase you are interested in selling only in a particular category or set of categories.

To go to eBay Pulse, click on the link below

http://pulse.ebay.in/

Warm Regards,
Tanya Goel
Message 9 of 93
latest reply

collectablescrafts
Community Member
Hello,
We are a manufacturer and exporter of Hand quilted patchwork quilts,wallhanging,tablerunner,placemat,cotton bag,cushion cover and other home style products.
I am a new seller on ebay.Please suggest how i should start business through ebay.

Kind regards

Rashmi
Message 10 of 93
latest reply