cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Learn about what sells on eBay and Sourcing them - 17 Aug (4-5 PM)

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi,

Are you new to eBay and wanting to start your eBay business? Join in this workshop to know what products are selling on eBay, conducting your research before selling on eBay and sourcing products for selling on eBay.

Topic: New Seller, get started on eBay – Know what products to sell and source
Host: eBay Staff
Date: Thursday, 17th Aug
Time: 4.00 pm to 5.00 pm (IST)

See you on 17th!

Regards,
Sapana
Message 1 of 93
latest reply
92 REPLIES 92

Anonymous
Not applicable
WANT IT NOW
Yet another way of searching products that could be successful is the “ Want It Now” whereby a buyer puts in a request for a specific item that he or she is looking for. You may frequent the Want it Now Section to see what buyers are demanding.

RESEARCH

The easiest way to do your research is to conduct a completed items search on eBay. To do so:
• Click Advanced Search at the top of any eBay page.
• Enter relevant keywords for your item in the search box.
• Check the Completed Listings only box.
In the results list you will see successfully sold item prices in green text and unsold in red. Have a look through the results and see what listing was most successful. Did the seller describe his / her successful item in a particular way that made it more appealing to buyers? If you want to list an item similar to one of these completed items, click "List an item like this" from the completed listings view

Warm Regards,
Tanya Goel
Message 11 of 93
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
Dear collectablescrafts,

Since you are a manufacturer & exporter, you already have a fair idea of international markets and demands there.

You may want to start listing your products first for us to understand the type of products you intend to sell.

Alternatively, it has been seen that demands for products similar to yours seems to doing fairly well in international markets and you may try to showcase your products on international sites like USA, UK, Germany directly.

If you need clarity on the listing procedure and any other operational process, you can contact our Training Team on training.india@ebay.com

Warm Regards,
Tanya Goel
Message 12 of 93
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
Dear collectablescrafts,

I just did an interesting search on ebay USA Site (www.ebay.com) to see how many cushion covers sell there... it was interesting to find that your product range is in demand there and you may click the link below to see the search results found.

Note: The Price Marked in Green are the ones which sold successfully.

Cushion Cover Listings on www.ebay.com

Warm Regards,
Tanya Goel
Message 13 of 93
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
For Those who do not have Products and are still interested in starting your business online.... here are some sourcing tips.....

A) Most people start by choosing products they do not need and are lying around the house. For e.g: You may consider selling your old DVD Player, a walkman, books,gift items you do not use etc Simply walk into every room in your home and you would locate something to sell that you do not require.

B) You may have friends/relatives that have their offline business and you can source products from them and become their online distributors

C) Buy Items under Wholesale and sell them individually on eBay

D) You may also like to source products from Retailers, Suppliers, Discount Stores, Flea Markets, Dollar Stores, Importers

TIPS:
a) Try to at least have 40-60 items to sell at any given point

Warm Regards,
Tanya Goel
Message 14 of 93
latest reply

sonal3468
Community Member
🙂 hi! to all.
i wish to sell mobile phones as they are most sought after items .I have started to sell 2-3 of them but now I find that my margins get sqeezed to Rs.20-30 only if I wish to give my customers good bet for their money as fixed charges are charged by ebay fees and paisapay fees something in the range of 250 Rs. Actually mobile phones especially new do not have that much margins so I believe that fees charged should be come slightly less so that the consumer is not made to overpay.
Message 15 of 93
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
Dear sonal3468,

I would definately pass your concern regarding fixed eBay fees to our concerned team.

Also in the meantime, i would suggest along with mobile phones you may also bundle up mobile accessories such as Panels, handsfree, memory cards, bluetooth etc since margins there seem to be higher.

This might help you in better price realisation.

Warm Regards,
Tanya Goel
Message 16 of 93
latest reply

collectablescrafts
Community Member
Thank you for your suggestion.
Message 17 of 93
latest reply

sonal3468
Community Member
Thanks I shall look into that. Could you tell me whether english version of china ebay is available or not? When I visit eBay China because of the language problem I am unable to understand anything
Message 18 of 93
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
Dear sonal3468,

AS of now China is available only in Chinese Version.

However you may use a language Transalator like Babel FIsh http://babelfish.altavista.com/ that would help you transalate an entire web page.

This is not the ideal solution but the best available.

Warm Regards,
Tanya Goel
Message 19 of 93
latest reply

sonal3468
Community Member
could you tell me the ebay sites where listing is free as first i want to try out cautious exporting to other countries
Message 20 of 93
latest reply