cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extending Cash on Delivery to all PowerShip Listings

Dear members,

We will be having an online discussion around this topic onthis thread.

Date: 4th March 2014, Tuesday

Time: 3pm to 5pm

Please be here. You can start postiong your feedback/questions here righaway. Just click on the reply button to do so.

Regards,

Team eBay India.

Message 1 of 51
latest reply
50 REPLIES 50

Hi,

Glad to see the much awaited change coming up to increase the sales and keep up with other E-commerce portals in terms of offering COD. 

I am already enrolled for powership, kindly indicate if I need to myslef update all my listings by adding COD to them or will it be done automatically.

Suggestion :-

Please make sure to mention that convenience charge is to be charged by ebay or don't give buyer the option of leaving DSR for shipping charge else for sure it will impact the DSR rating of sellers very badly as Rs 50/- for low priced item means a lot for buyers.

Thanks and Regards//..

Kashmir Dry Fruits

Srinagar, Kashmir

Message 11 of 51
latest reply

Please refer http://pages.ebay.in/cod/cod_buyer.html for the message and how the screen looks.Also note that for free shipping the shipping charge DSR cant be left by buyer will continue to hold as well
Message 12 of 51
latest reply

The PowerShip fees will be charged as per rates here http://pages.ebay.in/cod/cod-rates.html
In addition the Paisapay fees of 4.5% will be charged.

If product is returned then the seller is not charged.

In case of damages you can write in to seller protection to evaluate on a case-case basis
Message 13 of 51
latest reply

The buyer pays before opening the packet. .

As you know industry wide COD charges are extra for cash handling. We have extremely competitive rates to our sellers and added benefits like not charging for RTOs to the seller at all. Moreoever in case of damages in RTO the sellers can write in to eBay. Couple these with a really competitive remittance cycle makes this a strong proposition for sellers as well. Making it mandatory will make COD available across most of site and sellers will start seeing benefits of much increased sales. The 250 gm slab unfortunately cant be offered under COD and hence COD items below Rs 500 and in the 250 gm slab will get charged roughly 9 Rs more freight than prepaid. To see more rates click http://pages.ebay.in/cod/cod-rates.html
Message 14 of 51
latest reply

Thanks Navin, we will be reconsidering and tweaking the convenience charge from time to time, depending on performance. We could even run promotional offers. Currently we have seen buyer willing to pay extra for COD as much as 82 rs different even in low ASP orders; as this gives them access to the provision of paying by cash.
Message 15 of 51
latest reply

Thanks, we constantly engage with Logisitcs partners on these and push them on whatever patterns we observe. We will continue to do so and in case of occasional RTO damages you can write in to us for evaluation on a case-case basis. The idea of making COD available across all PowerShip listings was to make it very visible to the buyers in terms of COD availability. This will have an incremental effect not just in terms of transactions but also in terms of perception and word of mouth benefits of COD being present across as opposed to a much smaller set.
Message 16 of 51
latest reply

Dear Powership Team,

My only concern with COD is that once a buyer is charged Rs 50/- as convenience charge he will be very reluctatant to leave 5 star dsr for shipping charges. I would suggest to disable the shipping charge DSR for COD based orders so as I won't have a negative impact on seller performance. We need to be flexible to some extent so as we both can move forward in our future enedevours.

I look forward for the kind consideration of this issue.

Regards//

KAshmir Dry Fruits

Srinagar, KAshmir 

Message 17 of 51
latest reply

we are happy to announce that this will be an automated process as part of new changes going live. As part of regular FVF reversals all RTO orders FVF will be reversed automatically.
Message 18 of 51
latest reply

Thanks, we have mentioned it in the flow http://pages.ebay.in/cod/cod_buyer.html , we will try and message it even in the email to the buyers
Message 19 of 51
latest reply

hello,

if any seller dont want to give cod facility then what can be done

sellercare@ebay.com wrote:

Dear members,

We will be having an online discussion around this topic onthis thread.

Date: 4th March 2014, Tuesday

Time: 3pm to 5pm

Please be here. You can start postiong your feedback/questions here righaway. Just click on the reply button to do so.

Regards,

Team eBay India.

Hello,
i am fade up off trust and safety team .The person never help to seller.they dont hear any thing from seller according to them buyer is always right.Pls help me what to do?
Message 20 of 51
latest reply