cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extending Cash on Delivery to all PowerShip Listings

Dear members,

We will be having an online discussion around this topic onthis thread.

Date: 4th March 2014, Tuesday

Time: 3pm to 5pm

Please be here. You can start postiong your feedback/questions here righaway. Just click on the reply button to do so.

Regards,

Team eBay India.

Message 1 of 51
latest reply
50 REPLIES 50

Hi,

You can read the complete announcement here.

Regards,

Team eBay India.

Message 2 of 51
latest reply

Your announcement states:

"For COD orders where buyer will opt to make payment through COD, the buyer will be charged a convenience Charge for opting to make payment through COD. Buyer will be made aware about the COD convenience Charge at the time of check out or when buyer commits to buy the COD transaction."

Can you please state what is the exact message that the buyer will see for the above? The message needs to explicitly state that the convenience charge is being charged and being kept by eBay (and not the seller). If the message is vague, buyer may assume that the seller is taking thic charge and this can effect our DSR/Feedback.

Message 3 of 51
latest reply

kdvent
Community Member

Hi Team,

Am I being charged anything extra for opting COD mode apart from the regular 4.5% Paisay Pay Fees....

If a product is returned for non acceptance - In such a scenario am I being charged something...

What if the product received back is damaged ---

sellercare@ebay.com wrote:

Dear members,

We will be having an online discussion around this topic onthis thread.

Date: 4th March 2014, Tuesday

Time: 3pm to 5pm

Please be here. You can start postiong your feedback/questions here righaway. Just click on the reply button to do so.

Regards,

Team eBay India.

Message 4 of 51
latest reply

Does buyer has to pay before opening the packet, OR he will pay after opening and checking the item ?

Why is it been done mandatory for sellers. 

There is not COD for below 500gms which you say, but FEDEX charge all my items below 250 gms for 500 gms.

Thus The item sold for COD which are actually below 250 gms will get cahrged for 500 gms, hence I will incur LOSS for the extra shipping charges for  500 gms..

Ebay is only seening there profit, buyer will pay Rs 50 convenience fees for opting COD which will go to EBAY,

Why cant ebay give some shipping discounts to Seller who opt for COD, instead of forcing it on sellers.

Please clarify and reply.

regards

Message 5 of 51
latest reply

We have a few questions:

1) Why has eBay reduced the COD pincodes in the last couple of days especially areas serviceable by BlueDart in the North eg. Uttar Pradesh? Pincodes and areas where COD was available a couple of days ago now aren't serviceable for COD service. Eg. Raurkela (769001). If you're giving importance and preference to COD then you should extend service for COD rather than reducing it. WHY So?

2) Why does eBay give 1st preference to Aramex for COD orders? BlueDart's service is much much better, they have offices everywhere, they communicate better and return rate is less. BlueDart delivers 50% faster than Aramex. Aramex customer service call center is pathetic and they don't have the address and phone nos. of the office where the shipment is located, if the customer wants to self collect the parcel then how would he do that, moreover they don't even call and inform the customer. WHY?

3) A lot of shipments got RTOd by Aramex due to no service. If the area isn't serviceable then how come it got allocated to Aramex and why did they accept the shipment? Who is responsible for the loss and shipping charges?

4) Aramex people never pickup on time, I can understand this is an area specific issue but even after complaining almost everyday you have done nothing about it. WHY?

5) We want 1st preference for BlueDart, we spoke to the powership team, emailed you more than 10 times, spoke to P R Gopani, we also received a confirmation email that the logistic partner preference has been set but then too all powership COD orders are getting allocated to Aramex rather than BlueDart. WHY?

Awaiting and will appreciate some intelligent answers, instead of general & copy paste.

Message 6 of 51
latest reply

Hello,

Thank you very much introducing such a step which was need of the hour. Almost all e-commerce websites offer Cash on Delivery which is most acceptable method to buyers.

I have read in detail about the charges applicable for COD. I have some apprehensions on some points. You have mentioned Rs 50/- will be charged as convenience charge for COD.. In my opinion this will have a negative effect on buyers on the first impression. Suppose for a buying of Rs 500 or Rs 300/- if anybody has to pay Rs 50/- extra, it will be very unwelcome as no other websites charge this type of charge.

Buyers may think that Seller is charging extra Rs 50 for this option.

You should find out some practical solution without this charge of Rs 50/-. In my opinion, you may increase FVF by say 1%.

Thanks,

Navin Agarwal

Message 7 of 51
latest reply

DEAR MEMBERS

I HAVE SEND ONE MICROWAVE FROM ARAMEX CASH ON DELIVERY , BUYER OPENED IT AND THEN REFUSED TO ACCEPT IT

BECAUSE IT IS DAMAGED , SO ARAMEX RETURN IT TO US IN THE OPENED CONDITION WITHOUT PACKING. WHEN I CLAIM

THIS TO EBAY POWERSHIP THEY SAID THAT ARAMEX SAID PACKING WAS NOT UPTO THE MARK AND CLOSED THE

DISCUSSION AND DO NOT REPLIED FURTHER, IN THAT SAME NICE PACKING I AM SENDING MY ALL ORDERS WITHOUT ANY

DAMAGE . SO YOU TELL,ME NOW WHAT IN THIS CONDITION SELLER CAN DO ??? AND PLEASE GIVE A LOGICAL ANSWER NOT

THE COPY PASTE ANSWER..

Message 8 of 51
latest reply

We welcome the initiative for increasing sales in all ways possible.

We would like to bring some points that might be a drawback due to COD for sellers like us and some suggestions, which may help us in serving better with COD.

1. We also want to increase sales, so we already we provide COD for some items, the decision factor is the item's rigidity and strength to withstand double side transportation. So, the items which are fragile or needs care while handling are not included in COD, like clocks. So, it would be best if you provide initiatives that encourages us to provide COD, but leave ultimately the choice to provide COD to the sellers.

2. Now matter how well we pack, many time, the product boxes are damaged, at least from corners, which are crucial for customers who want to gift it to someone else. So, if there is a return, the more chances are that the boxes are not in good shape, which render them not eligible for next sale. This also includes items like mobile phones.

3. We guess most of the damage happens when the shipment is out for delivery, specially in medium sized destinations, where the delivery boy take the packages not in a 3 or 4 wheel vehicles. Please suggest some solution to the courier partners regarding these. 

It would be helpful, if some of the issues are addressed.
Message 9 of 51
latest reply

what about the COD RETURNED ITEMS DUE TO CUSTOMER REFUSED TO ACCEPT. WHY FVF IS CHARGED IN ALL SUCH CASES IF NO TRANSACTIO N HAS BEEN DONE OR IT IS JUST BECAUSE OF CUSTOMER HAS DENIED FOR ITEM. EVERYTIME WE HAVE BEEN ASKED TO EMAIL FOR FVF IN EACH TRANSACTION. WHY I S IT NOT AN AUTOMATED PROCESS. ?

PLEASE ELABORATE AS SINCE LAST THREE YRS WE ARE LOSING MONEY IN THE FORM OF FVF FOR REFUND OR ON COD RETURN TRANSACTION.

SANJAY

Message 10 of 51
latest reply