cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dissatisfied with your eBay purchase? Know your options - 15 June (4-5 PM)

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi,

Did it happen that the product you bought on eBay was not up to your expectation / Or the product was not delivered at all? Do you know if you are not satisfied by the transaction, what are your options? To find answer to the above question, join us in this online workshop on 15th of June.

Host: eBay Staff
Date: Thursday, 15th June
Time: 4 – 5 PM IST

Thanks and Regards,
Sapana
Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

mohd_faheem_khan
Community Member
Sir
I have purchased an item no. #9124150894 Nokia Mobile Phone 2100 with accessories + Bill + National Valid Warranty (10 Month Old) through e-bay on internet site dated 12/4/06.I has sended a cheque of RS. 1424 for the cost of mobile and RS.199 Curier charges Total RS. 1624/- in the name of Abhimanyu Sally, House No, 994, Sector 21 C, Housing Board Coloney, Faridabad, Haryana 121001 India.
The cheque no. 799180 dated 17/4/06 of Punjab National Bank was Account payee & the cheque debited from my account to Abhimanyu Sally’s account dated 26/4/06 but the item no. #9124150894 not received to me. I has been contacted to seller many time by e-mail on the site of e-bay but there no response since after payment cleared from my account. I think that the seller Abhimanyu Sally is a big internet shopping cheater. So I suggest you Abhimanyu Sally type persons be punished for such type frauds & in future Abhimanyu Sally like persons could not cheat to other persons on internet shopping sites.In such cases total amount including curier and postal charges must be refunded to byre otherwise it will incur the money loss & mental tension to the byer and defame e-bay.
Thanks
Mohd. Faheem Khan
K-184, Shivalik Nagar,
BHEL, Haridwar,
Uttaranchal 249403
Phone No. 01334-230011
Mobile 9897412011
Message 2 of 26
latest reply

touch_and_shine
Community Member

Hi Ebay Staff!!! That's a really
great thread u have started especially to train buyers. Some of them are quite
intelligent enough but for the new comers this thread is gonna help a lot...
Thumbs up !!

Message 3 of 26
latest reply

prof_goga
Community Member
hi
i won a machine in a bid on 12ht june (Item number: 7626762891), but the seller want his payment through paypal, i tried to pay but it didn't work, i mail my problem to ebay & seller too & i also have word with ebay people in their office in bombay (By Phone) they told me that they don't have such facility (payment through paypal)in india. now how i can buy that machine which i won in biding ?

Dharmendra
Message 4 of 26
latest reply

srinivastata001
Community Member
hi,

I bought one item on ebay with id#8821317822. I paid to the seller by transferring the money from my ICICI account to the seller's ICICI account. The seller did not deliver the item and after receiving the money he is not even responding. I wrote to the customer support regarding this and they said ebay cannot take any action against the seller. I also saw another complaint in the kolkata consumer forum against the seller. This clearly tells the seller is a cheater and he is doing this continually. Why can't ebay take legal action against those kinda persons?

thanks,
Srinivas Tata.
Message 5 of 26
latest reply

shubharshit
Community Member
Hi,
I have bought one Digital Camera from ebay UK from seller jeesuschrislersupercar. The item id is 7609253831 and eBay Payment Sent (ID #5F281209MR7285435). I have made the payment by PayPal on 16-04-2006.
I have waited for about 20 days and emailed many times after making the payment to the seller but he never replied me back after receiving the payment nor he gave me any shipping details. Then I lodged the complaint with paypal for claim on May 6, 2006. The total payment made was £32.87 GBP.
After investigation Paypal credit me £17.87 GBP only on May 29, 2006. Balance of £15.00 GBP is still pending.
Now, it seems to me that the seller who has not shipped the camera because he has not furnished any satisfactory reply nor the shipping details after filing the claim also, has easily got £15.00 GBP profit and I am here suffering helpless.
Please help me out of this.
Regards
Harshit
Message 6 of 26
latest reply

thelinuxexpert
Community Member
I have won a item number: 7625369669 in the bidding on 08-Jun-2006 and made payment on the same day within hours of winning the item (paid through ebay's PaisaPay facility). After making the payment, I sent messages to the seller through ebay's messaging facility - absolutely no response from the seller. I am slowly realizing how dangerous it is to deal with these kind of face less (fradulent?) sellers using ebay for their advantage! This lesson costed me Rs. 200.00 - bit expensive - isn't it? [However, I am still hopeful of getting either the item or refund from ebay]. I have decided not to deal on ebay in future and advise others also the same!
Message 7 of 26
latest reply

srinivastata001
Community Member
hi,

I forgot to mention the details in my previous post. The sellere's name is SHAKAWAT HOSSAIN, and his ICICI a/c no is 628001029477. I transferred him Rs 18,000 on June 2nd. This guy may again appear on ebay with different ids. so be careful with this name and a/c no. Eventhough I provide these details they are not taking any action against him. Only mistake I did was trusting ebay....

Srinivas Tata.
Message 8 of 26
latest reply

I think Ebay should start SMS verification process via mobile phone for all sellers to discourage fraud sellers.
In addition email verification and address verification should be done. Ebay should also work closely with police to take action against Fraud sellers.
Message 9 of 26
latest reply

dvlramana
Community Member
Dear Sir,

I have been congratulated by you for winning the item Announced under #9129959249, MASTER PIECE NIKIA - 6600. The payment has been made through ICICI Credit card on 27.04.06. Sofar item has not beeen received at our end and neither ebay nor seller replied to our mails.

May kindly lookin and suggest the coarse of action.

Regards,

DVL Ramana
Message 10 of 26
latest reply