Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss your International Shipping needs with DHL experts, 14 Sep 4-5 PM

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hello,

Are you facing difficulties in international shipping? Do you have questions about shipping internationally?

If so, join this workshop where expert from DHL will help you understand the nitty-gritty’s involved in shipping internationally and also address your concerns on the same.

Date: Thursday 14th September
Time: 4.00 to 5.00 PM (IST)
Host: DHL India

You can submit your question now by clicking on Post reply button and the Workshop Host will try to answer the same during the workshop.

Regards
Sapana
Message 1 of 71
latest reply
70 REPLIES 70

dhl.india
Community Member
FAQ's Continued..

4) I am a big seller. Can I get a bulk discount? What is the process for this?
Of course! At DHL, we definitely offer discounts based on the frequency and weight of the shipments. To get a discount, you only need to open a DHL account and based on your shipping commitment, our Relationship Manager will be able to get you the discounts that you are looking for.

5) Can I send a product internationally through Speed/DHL? Can this item be tracked?
DHL Express is purely an International express company. Our complete focus in on ensuring that your international shipments are treated as special and delivered as per your wants. When you send any express shipment through DHL, you can track them round the clock by calling our Customer Service, using the online tracking facility at www.dhl.co.in , use our Follow Me Track option wherein you can register your mobile number & email id and we will send you the updates on a regular basis till the shipment is delivered. With so many options there is no way that you won’t know where your shipment is at any point of time.

6) What are the requirement and procedures to clear customs?
Our customer service is well equipped to answer your questions regarding what we can carry and what we cannot. Our CS will guide you with respect to paperwork, processes and all other ‘must do’s’ to ensure that your shipment doesn’t face any problems. As a shipper, you need to ensure that the shipment contents are declared correctly with respect to the nature and value. Also, if your shipment is traveling with the advised paperwork, there should be no problems with the customs.

7) Are there restrictions on types of items that can be shipped? How can one know about these?
You can contact our 24x7 Customer Service department anytime of the day on 1800111345 & 30300345 to get information regarding the restrictions that DHL has and the ones that various countries’ customs departments have put in place. Our CS Agents are armed with all the necessary knowledge to make your shipment processing as simple as it can get!
Message 31 of 71
latest reply

dhl.india
Community Member
FAQ's Continued...

8) What is the process for sending precious jewellery eg. 1 piece of Gold or Diamond pendant? Do I need to visit the customs? What are the requirements?

Unfortunately, at the moment we cannot carry precious gems and metals. For these shipments we currently do not have a service. We do carry semi precious / costume jewelry if the individual piece value is less than USD100 & up to a shipment value of USD 25000. You can contact our CS department on 1800111345 or 30300345 to know more about the same.

9) I am a small one-time seller, who has got an order for a single piece of item from an international customer? Would the procedure for me be the same? Is there any simpler way?
Our shipment pick up process is extremely simple. All you need to do is to call our CS helpline and give the consignor, consignee and the shipment details. The CS will arrange for a door pick up wherein our courier will come to your door step and pick the shipment after checking for the necessary paperwork. Being a one time shipment, you will need to pay by cash. Alternatively, you can walk in to any of our Express Counters and book the shipment by using credit card or cash.

10) An international buyer has complained that the product sent to him DHL has not been received by him. How can I validate whether he is correct? Can I then trace the parcel? If the buyer has indeed received the parcel, how can I prove/conclude that he is not telling the truth?
All shipments traveling on Express service carry with them an Air Way Bill with a unique AWB number. No two shipments can have the same AWB. The AWB is scanned at each and every touch point, starting form the pick up right up to delivery. You can check from the tracking services when a delivery has taken place.
At the time of delivery the consignee has to sign (and stamp if corporate customer) the delivery sheet that is carried by the courier. You can ask our CS support to furnish the delivery sheet image to be sure of the signature of the consignee.
Message 32 of 71
latest reply

dhl.india
Community Member
FAQ's Continued...

11) What are the locations in India from where one can send International packages through DHL?
DHL is directly present in 12 locations: Delhi & NCR, Jaipur, Kolkata, Mumbai, Pune, Amhedabad, Bangalore, Chennai, Cochin, Coimbatore, Tirupur & Hyderabad. Apart from these 12 main cities, we are present in over 80 towns through our partners AFL who manage the pick up’s and deliveries for us.

12) Does one require export license/ I.E. code to sell single items?

Import Export License is needed when you need to ship any item which requires a formal mode of clearance with the customs and there is a commercial transaction involved. Even though you are selling to an individual abroad, there is a monetary transaction involved and the license will be needed for the same to facilitate customs clearance.

13) What is the documentation needed to ship single items? Who does this documentation, the seller or DHL?
In case of a single shipment, DHL can surely advise the customer on the documentation required. We can assist the shipper with the formats & the types of documents needed for ensuring the smooth journey of the shipment.

14) Can one send items as gifts or samples?
Selling through EBay involves monetary transaction. Apart from the ethical issue of not declaring the commercial nature of transaction, it may cause problems if the Customs detect the shipment. Also, the value declared in case of a sample or a gift is NIL or very low. In the event of a loss or damage, the insurer (if it is insured) will not honor the claim.

15) How does DHL shipment process works from picking up from seller in India and delivering to buyer in say New York, USA
DHL has an end to end delivery network in place in over 220 countries. From the time of pick up, the shipment is carried to our Service Centres where it is processed and bagged as per shipment type (dutiable/ non dutiable). It then goes to our Gateway where it is consolidated with shipments from other service centres having shipments going towards the same destination. It then goes on to connect to the best Prime Flight connections (Commercial Airlines or a Lufthansa Freighter from DEL) and it reaches the destination Gateway.) From the destination gateway, it reaches the local service centre wherein it is delivered by the courier to your buyer.
Of course, in the entire process, the transfer of data: paperwork, shipment details, shipper details etc all travel electronically so that it reaches the destination before the physical arrival of the shipment. This is to ensure that it is cleared in time for delivery.
Message 33 of 71
latest reply

dhl.india
Community Member
FAQ's Continued...

16) Does DHL offer the postal mode compared to the express mode, and what are the advantages for ecommerce sellers to use this service?
We do offer a Mailing option in the form of DHL Global Mail service. The service is available for small to medium size parcels (less than 32 Kg each) and is ideal for items which are not expensive and time sensitive.
In case of Global Mail the transit time is 6-8 days for Asia Pacific, & 8-10 days for Europe and US. The service is available for shipping your items across the world and the rates are much lower compared to our express services. Global Mail service combines the elements of Express services and Mail network strength of our parent Deutsche Post World Net. As such it is slower than our Premium Express services but much faster than traditional mailing options.
Message 34 of 71
latest reply

dhl.india
Community Member
Dear eBay users,

It was great sharing the forum with you. We hope we have answered all your questions satisfactorily. Should you have any more questions / queries please do post it in the forum and we assure you we will reply at the earliest.

Should you have any specific queries on sending your shipments from India to around the world, please feel free to call our CS Helpline on 1800111345 or 30300345.

Thanks,

Best Regards,
Hubert and Partha (DHL)
Message 35 of 71
latest reply

radsolshoppe
Community Member
I want to buy a second hand computer related product from Australia. What is going to be the courier charge for shipment from Sydney to Visakahpatnam. The weight of the products will be 10 Kgs maximum. How much is going to be the customs duties for it, the value of the 2nd hand product is Rs. 16,000.00
Message 36 of 71
latest reply

Lol! This is really funny:

All through the posts the DHL Guys have been stressting on their highly economical Global Mail Parcel Service as an answer for most questions.

Intrigued by this service I visit their India website for more info on the service which you can see at:

http://www.dhl.co.in/publish/in/en/services/mail_services/mail_parcel.high.html

On the page it has been mentioned:

"GLOBALMAIL PARCEL is not currently available in India."

So I call up their customer service and they confirm the above.

Request DHL people to be more knowledgeable when addressing queries and more importantly request eBay to ensure more sensible workshops where they get people who actually know what they are talking about.
Message 37 of 71
latest reply

ufo_big
Community Member
I wasted my time to go through the entire thread to discover that DHL persons invited by eBay do not know their company and gives one solution to everybody which does not exist at all in India. This is ridiculas!! May I request eBay to bring responsible persons in future who knows their company and services. The officials should be from little senior level who can take some decision and knows their company products well.
Message 38 of 71
latest reply

dhl.india
Community Member
ufo_big (7 ) View Listings 17-09-06 18:52 IST 37 of 37
I wasted my time to go through the entire thread to discover that DHL persons invited by eBay do not know their company and gives one solution to everybody which does not exist at all in India. This is ridiculas!! May I request eBay to bring responsible persons in future who knows their company and services. The officials should be from little senior level who can take some decision and knows their company products well.

pc_gaming_store (1057 ) View Listings 15-09-06 18:31 IST 36 of 37
Lol! This is really funny:

All through the posts the DHL Guys have been stressting on their highly economical Global Mail Parcel Service as an answer for most questions.

Intrigued by this service I visit their India website for more info on the service which you can see at:

http://www.dhl.co.in/publish/in/en/services/mail_services/mail_parcel.high.html

On the page it has been mentioned:

"GLOBALMAIL PARCEL is not currently available in India."

So I call up their customer service and they confirm the above.

Request DHL people to be more knowledgeable when addressing queries and more importantly request eBay to ensure more sensible workshops where they get people who actually know what they are talking about.

DHL:
Dear eBay users,

The Global Mail service is not offered to all customers and is taken up project by project basis for our select customers. As such we refrain from actively promoting the services available under Global Mail. In India, Global Mail solutions are used and appreciated by a select number of customers with whom we work on a project basis to understand their needs and then recommend a solution. For eBay users, we intend to offer tailormade solutions under Global Mail which will ensure maximum benefit for each user.
We welcome and appreciate your comments and will ensure that our website provides more data on the same. Should you need more information on Global Mail please call on our GMNC Helpline on 1800225425 and they will be able to help you. You can also write into info.india@dhl.com and mail us your queries.

Thanks,

Best Regards,
Partha (DHL)
Message 39 of 71
latest reply

olkarts
Community Member
Dear ebay,

I have IEC but don't know what are necessary documentation is there along with IEC for shipping the item to abroad..? as I have asked many courier service but they aren't able to reply in better way so also consult with the advocate, the advocate suggested me to have sale tax no. and membership from some related Organisation such as for handicraft item.

And the process regarding having sale tax no. and membership, I found its very difficult infact of all its cost as Im not a big seller or having any business background. Its only I want to start something.

Its also possible that Im only able to sell 2-5 Items per month. So, How it should work for a very small seller as me..?

Thanks & Regards,
ebay Id - Olkarts
Message 40 of 71
latest reply