Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss your International Shipping needs with DHL experts, 14 Sep 4-5 PM

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hello,

Are you facing difficulties in international shipping? Do you have questions about shipping internationally?

If so, join this workshop where expert from DHL will help you understand the nitty-gritty’s involved in shipping internationally and also address your concerns on the same.

Date: Thursday 14th September
Time: 4.00 to 5.00 PM (IST)
Host: DHL India

You can submit your question now by clicking on Post reply button and the Workshop Host will try to answer the same during the workshop.

Regards
Sapana
Message 1 of 71
latest reply
70 REPLIES 70

dhl.india
Community Member
I am selling small electronic accessories and would like to sell them intertionally aswell. The products are in the range of Rs 100-500. (Wt btw 100-250gms)

Can DHL offer a reasonable rate to sell these products.

Regards
Superstores_Tech

Ankur Agarwal

DHL:
Dear Ankur,

You will surely find DHL Global Mail Parcel, an economy mailing service, of great benefit. The transit time to most destinations is well within 10 days. The rates are comparable to the best in the industry and you can be sure of DHL’s network reliability and service standards.
Global Mail is a combination of Express and Mail services. It has a longer transit time compared to our standard express services but is much faster than the normal mail service that is provided by any mail network or local courier.
Under Global Mail, there also is an option of Registered Mailing wherein you get a tracking number and you can track your shipment to delivery.
In case you wish to know more specifically about Global Mail please call our GMNC Helpline on 1800225425 and they will be able to help you.
Message 21 of 71
latest reply

dhl.india
Community Member
i expect my international shipping bill monthly
to be 40000.00 if i use Dhl as i am currently using aramex , speedpost , bombino , gulshan etc and combined billings go to around 25000 plus if i plan to close all alternatives and move over to DHL i would like to know about following

(a) what if a packet does not reach within 15 days to a destination
supposedly serviceable in 7 days max
(b) what is a packet with a declared value of 3000.00 INR gets lost/nisdirected in transit how does DHL reimburse in both above cases as a general rule

DHL:
Dear User,

A)It is only in the rarest cases that you will have a problem wherein we delivery later than the committed transit time. Our transit time to all major business destinations is 2 working days. Our systems and processes are built to factor in all possible problems that can arise while your shipment is in transit. Should a delay occur, in a rare case, our CS Support will be there to help you and ensure that the shipment is delivered in the shortest possible time to your consignee.
In case of a highly time sensitive shipment we have a service TDD – Time definite Delivery, wherein we promise you a transit time of 2 days and a delivery option of pre 0900 AM and pre 1200 PM. The service comes at a small premium and in event of a delay, we refund your entire money back!

B)As a standard process, all shipments traveling through our network are covered for loss or damages for up to USD 100 as per the Warsaw Convention. Your interests are covered as long as the shipment value (including the freight) is up to USD 100. For values beyond USD 100 we offer our customers a VAS in the form of Shipper’s Interest Insurance – SII. A shipper can subscribe to SII and pass on the risk for loss & damage of the shipment to our partner TATA AIG by paying a very small premium of 0.35% of the declared value + Rs. 300 per shipment as surcharge. Under SII, in case of loss or damage, shipper will be compensated of the complete declared value or extent of damage.
In the rare case of a misrouting, our CS Support will adequately help you retrieve the shipment and get it delivered to the correct consignee.

Best Regards,
Hubert (DHL)
Message 22 of 71
latest reply

dhl.india
Community Member
Hello DHL Staff,

I have not yet started selling. But I intend to sell women clothing - especially Zari / Embroidery dress materials as well as sarees both locally (India) and internationally.

Please publish your special offer rates for Ebay.in sellers for the above materials

DHL:

Dear USer,

Thank you for your interest in DHL services. At present we do not have a blanket rate for eBay users. The rates and extent of discount are determined for each customer depending on the frequency of shipping, lanes and average weight of the shipments.
For the mentioned commodities, there are no special rates as such. You will need to help us understand your business and shipping needs and we assure you that you will get discounts and rates which are very attractive for you to ship with us. Our services range from the premium express services to Global Mail service which is a very economical mailing option. To know more about DHL Global Mail you an contact our Global Mail CS Helpline on 1800225425 or our Standard CS Helpline on 1800111345. you can also mail your query to ingmhelpdesk@dhl.com
DHL Express provides only international shipping options.
The domestic shipping business is managed by our group company Blue Dart and our CS helpline will be able to give you the details of the same.

Regards,
Partha (DHL)
Message 23 of 71
latest reply

indconcepts
Community Member
Hello,

Just for the information sake, I would like to know if DHL has taken over Blue Dart over it's just a tie-up between them for National & International shipping.

regards

Umang Midha .

IndConcepts logo7

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7
Message 24 of 71
latest reply

dhl.india
Community Member
i expect my international shipping bill monthly to be 40000.00 if i use Dhl as i am currently using aramex , speedpost , bombino , gulshan etc and combined billings go to around 25000 plus,

DHL:

Dear User,

DHL is in the Express Delivery Business. Our infrastructure spread across over 220 countries is backed by state of the art IT systems which allow you to keep an eye on your shipment 24x7 through various modes like on the web, through email, mobile phone etc. We have a standard transit time of about 2-5 days across the world. Due to our focus on speed, security set up and infrastructure, our rates may seem higher compared to a few other courier companies but they are definitely comparable to the value that we offer.
As a cheaper option we have a service DHL Global Mail which is ideal for shipping items which are lower in value or are not time sensitive. Global Mail is available for parcels of low to medium value items and has a transit time of 6-8 days for Asia Pacific, & 8-10 days for Europe and US. The service is available for shipping your items across the world and the rates are much lower compared to our express services. Global Mail service combines the elements of Express services and Mail network strength of our parent Deutsche Post World Net. To know more about Global Mail please call our GMNC CS Helpline 1800225425

Best Regards,
Partha (DHL)
Message 25 of 71
latest reply

dhl.india
Community Member
What help can DHL give to small sellers with respect to both national and international shipping?
Being "star-ups" we don't want a prospective buyer to do an-about-turn as soon as he sees the shipping charge

DHL:

Dear User,

Our services range from our Premium Express Options to an economy mass mailing option - Global Mail. Depending on the value, weight and nature of the commodity, you can select service that is the best suited for you. Please feel free to call our CS Helpline on 1800111345 or 30300345 to know more about all our Products and Services.

Regards,
Partha (DHL)
Message 26 of 71
latest reply

dhl.india
Community Member
I have cosmetics and make-up products that I sell. I have been shipping to various countries specially by Indian postal service. But last week I shipped hair oils to Japan (250 gm approx)that were returned to me by post office saying that liquids cannot be shipped internationally due to terrorist threats and that the parcel might be thrown at the airport itself. I contacted many courier services but all refused to take the parcel. Please let me know if DHL can help in this matter as I will be shipping lot more such items . I am in Jammu right now. What are the documents required for such a parcel due to security risks these days? Can DHL ship my products to buyer safely?

Regards,
indiastorehandicrafts

DHL:
Dear User,
Currently due to the Security Alert at various destination countries, even DHL isn’t allowed to carry liquids.
IN normal situations we do carry oils and other liquids provided the MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet) accompanies the shipment. With the possibility of being inflammable in nature, the MSDS needs to certify that the shipment is safe to ship abroad in an Airline. To get further information specific to your need, we request you to call on our CS Helpline 1800111345 or 30300345 and our CS Executives will be able to check with the destinations and provide you with the information.

Regards,
Hubert (DHL)
Message 27 of 71
latest reply

dhl.india
Community Member
DHL:

Dear DHL\ Ebay Team ,
First of All thanx for taking time to arranging this kind of work shop for those seller who can build there on International buisness by through of ebay co. world wide community & i also come in those seller who can sell many products internationally & i am having ques. for international shipment so i hope DHL people will help me for sought out my problems & i also know that in 1 hr they will not eligible to provide proper info. in 1 hr. discussion so i will request you to email me the Answhere & you can take my email address by ebay.in permission so my questions is :-

A) I want to sell jackets ( cloths ) & laptops in international , is i require any kind of export & import license .
To sell internationally, you will need an IEC Code. As you will be dealing regularly with your buyers abroad and there is a monetary transaction involved, an IE Code to send the shipments. To get a IEC you will need to file an application with the Regional Licensing Authority.

B) Suppose , if international party will not get his\her packet by DHL Co. & than DHL Staff will help us in the form of proper support , claims etc
We have a full team of CS Backline support that helps customer to find the shipments in the rare cases that they are mis-routed or delayed.
In case of a loss, under the Warsaw Convention Pact, all your shipments are insured for value up to USD 100 free of charge. For shipments of higher value, we also offer the Shipper’s Interest Insurance service in a tie up with TATA AIG. You will need to pay only 0.35% of the declared value as premium and Rs. 300 as admin charges and your shipment is fully protected for the cover insured. Also, our claims team will assist you all the way in getting a refund from the insurers.

C) what will be charges for 3 kgs specially for usa shipment
As you will requirement is that of a regular express service, you will greatly benefit from opening an account with us. In such a case, the rate you will get will be discounted to the tariff on the basis of your Shipping frequency, average weight of shipment and lanes. We request you to get in touch with our CS Helpline on 1800111345 or 30300345 and our team will help you with your query.

D) is we need to pay any octroi charges for international shipment or buyer will pay shipment charges
Shipping internationally (export) will not attract any octroi unless the item is brought from a non octroi location into a territory where Octroi is applicable. This will be borne directly by the seller and DHL plays no part in it. E.g. Item manufactured in Pune brought to Mumbai and shipped abroad will attract octroi when it enters Mumbai limits. But a shipment directly shipped from Pune will not attract Octroi (Even though the shipment may get routed through Mumbai)

E) is our packet will count as a commercial packets
As there is a commercial transaction involved i.e. money is exchanged, the packet will be treated as a commercial shipment.

F)How much time you take for delivery toward international shipment
Our Transit Times to most business destinations across the world is 2 working days. Transit Time may vary depending on the Origin & Destination. To get a better understanding of the transit times in your location, please get in touch with our CS Helpline on 1800111345 or 30300345.

G) Are you also providing credit for month like professional or DTDC people do , if you provide credit & then how much buisness you expect from us .
Of course we do! You can open an Export & an Import account with us and you get a credit period of 7 to 15 days with the same.
In order to open an account a minimum monthly trading of Rs. 5000 is expected. Along with a account, you will get a relationship manager to take care of all your shipping needs and queries.

H)if you will provide us a credit & then can you provide us a Credit no.
You will get a Account number on opening an account. The shipping charges will be charged to the account and an invoice will be generated each week on the account number. The credit that you will enjoy will be tagged to the account number itself.

I) will you provide us a good & econimical charges rather than other ordinary people shipment
Our account customers get good discounts depending on the shipping frequency, lanes and average weight of the shipments. These rates will be discounted on the tariff rate that is charged to a customer who sends shipments by paying cash and has no account number.

J)Do you have a help no. so that i can solve my any kind of query !
You can call on our toll free helpline 1800111345 or on 30300345 (charged call) anytime to get your queries solved. The CS Helpline is at your service round the clock, 365 days a year.

K ) How much time you take for solving any kind of matter \ prob. for international shipment ?
We are unable to understand the exact meaning of your question. Please accept our apologies for the same. Assuming that your question means “Does DHL have a desk for resolving issues?” We do have a full team of Backline Support agents who help shippers to resolve problems that they may face if a shipment is in problem.

L)Can you provide us a price list for national & international shipment charges inclusive of all charges ?
The forum will be inappropriate and the space limited to paste our entire price list. As suggested earlier, you can contact our CS Helpline numbers and they will be able to help you with the prices for zones that you wish to ship to. Also, should you open an account; you will get all the benefits alongwith the discounts that are applicable for account customers.

M)Are you shipping perfumes & another cosmatics products toward international shipment ?
We do carry perfumes and cosmetics provided the MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet) accompanies the shipment. With the possibility of being inflammable in nature, the MSDS needs to certify that the shipment is safe to ship abroad in an Airline.

N)Are you shipping electronics good such as Home theatre surrounding sys. toward internation shipment ?
Yes, we do carry Home Theatre Systems and other consumer electronics. Please ensure that they are without any live batteries. As a word of advice, we would request you to pack it appropriately to ensure to ensure that there is no damage to the fragile shipment.

O)Do you have any kind of franchise in delhi so that i can contact them for internation shipment direct enquiry ?
Please feel free to contact our CS Helpline on 1800111345 and 30300345 for all queries. Our CS agents will be able to solve all your queries related to international shipping.

P) Suppose if we have not any kind of export & import licence & then you are eligible to ship the packet internationally ?
We suggest you apply and possess the IEC. As your transactions will be commercial and will involve monetary exchange, the customs are very likely to raise objections. You will need the license for all commercial transactions. Also, it is only ethical to correctly declare the transaction to the regulatory authorities.

Q) Are you shipping Gold toward international shipment
No. At present we do not carry gold or any other precious metals or stones. We do carry costume jewelry provided the per item value is less than USD 100 & shipment value is lesser than USD 25000.

Remaining Questions are followed in another post.

Regards,
Partha (DHL)
Message 28 of 71
latest reply

dhl.india
Community Member
Continuation...

R) Do you have a mension\open condition facility like others courier co. providing
We apologize but we didn’t understand the question. If you could elaborate a little more, we would be glad to help you get the answer.

S)Do you have a Cash on delivery sys. in International shipment?
No. As of now we do not offer COD services.

T) Can we ship any products in international , if not & then provide us those products list which we can not ship internationally ?
There are various restrictions list depending on the destinations that you wish to ship to. We suggest you contact our CS Helpline on 1800111345 or 30300345 and our agents will be able to give you all the details you need.

U) Do you have a any excutive in delhi who can contact us for international shipment trading or i need to Mingal Him ?
We do have our offices in Delhi. We suggest you please contact our CS Helpline 1800111345 or 30300345 and they will ensure our sales representative call you or meet you at the earliest.

V) How much time you take for collection the parcel from my office \ Home
We offer a time commitment of 90 minutes for the collection of parcel from your office/ home from the time of booking.

W) Do you have a time frame for collection of a product like domino's take 30 minutes ?
Answered above.

X) How much time you take for international shipment cliams like 3 months or 6 months & DTDC takes 1 days to 90 days for the adjustment of a Claim?
We try and ensure that our claims are settled within 7 working days unless there are complications that require an investigation.

Y)When we can call you for collecting international parcel like 24hr or you have any kind of time frame for client calling time
There is no client calling time. Our Call Centre is open 24x7. You can call any time and book for a pick up though the pick up or delivery will be done only between 0900 and 2100 hrs.

Z) Are you providing a facility for being a international frechise so that we can save many money or we can ship another packets for international ?
We do have franchisees for international shipping. We suggest you call our CS Helpline and they will be able to direct you to the correct person to take the matter further.

so i hope you have read our all ques. , even i am also having ques. but these 26 ques. is ok for me so i hope you will provide me a revelent info. as soon as possible . For further info. \ clearification plz feel free to email us .
Warm Regards
SHL Enterprises
( Vikas Arora )

Best Regards,
Hubert (DHL)
Message 29 of 71
latest reply

dhl.india
Community Member
Some more FAQ's that you may find useful:

1) What all services can a small seller like me, who ships individual items to buyers across India, avail from DHL?
We offer all Outbound and Inbound express services supporting all your Export and Import needs. Our express services can carry documents, samples & gifts, heavy non dutiable shipments, dutiable shipments etc. For single individual shipments, we suggest using our Worldwide Parcel Express WPX service which comes with industry best transit times, track & trace, 24x7 CS support etc.
Of course, we take care of your shipment end to end, from pick up at your doorstep to the delivery to your customers across the world!

2) How does one prevent loss of package or damages?

• While shipping internationally one must understand that the shipment can go through a fair amount of stress and pressures. In order to protect a shipment you should ensure that the packaging is sturdy and protective enough to take care of the contents. Try and ensure that you use at least a 3 ply box for shipping (7 ply when the shipment is heavy).
• Make sure that the shipment is well protected inside the box itself. Use filler material like thermacol fillers and bubble wraps to ensure full protection.
• Check our link http://www.dhl.co.in/publish/in/en/information/shipping/pack/tips.high.html to know more on how to ensure adequate packaging for your shipment.

• On our part, we take adequate care of all your packages to ensure that there are no damages or losses. In the unlikely event of a loss of a package, DHL automatically insures your shipment for damages up to $100 per shipment. This coverage is as per the Warsaw pact and is extended to all shipments traveling through the DHL network (except for Global Mail).
• In case a shipment (plus freight) value is beyond US $ 100, we recommend that the shipper insure it using our Shipper’s Interest Insurance (SII) service. SII is facilitated by DHL through our worldwide partners AIG (TATA AIG in India). By paying a small premium of 0.35% of the shipment value & Rs 300 per shipment as a administrative charge, the shipper can be sure that his risk of loss/ damage is fully covered.
• To further minimize the risk of damages, the focus should be on adequate packaging. Air transportation can be stressful for the shipments and the packaging should be sturdy and be able to withstand the tribulations of air express transportation. In this regard too, DHL offers you free of cost packaging cartons which are tried and tested by us over the years. These cartons are available FREE of cost to our Express service users and come in sizes ranging from 1.5Kg volumetric weight to 20 KG volumetric weight.

3) How does insurance work?
Anybody shipping internationally has an option of insuring the shipments from various General Insurance companies like TATA AIG, Bajaj Allianz etc. The Marine Insurance cover offered by these companies takes care of most risks that the shipment may get exposed to during the transit. The standard process of insuring an individual shipment from an Insurance company is as under:
1. Shipper contacts the insurer
2. Insurer will send in paperwork to be filled in by the customer
3. Customer hands over the shipment paperwork and the insurance application paperwork to Insurer
4. Shipment inspection is undertaken by an approved valuer (depending on the commodity and value)
5. Insurer gives a go ahead and issues a certificate
6. Shipper hands over the shipment to the logistics company along with the insurance paperwork

To make it simpler for our customers,we offer a VAS in the form of Shipper’s Interest Insurance. A customer simply needs to put a tick mark on a designated box on the AWB and write the insurance value (declared value). We capture the data from the AWB and share it with our partners Tata AIG. The shipment is insured since the moment it is picked up from the customer’s door step up to the delivery to the consignee.
Message 30 of 71
latest reply