Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss your International Shipping needs with DHL experts, 14 Sep 4-5 PM

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hello,

Are you facing difficulties in international shipping? Do you have questions about shipping internationally?

If so, join this workshop where expert from DHL will help you understand the nitty-gritty’s involved in shipping internationally and also address your concerns on the same.

Date: Thursday 14th September
Time: 4.00 to 5.00 PM (IST)
Host: DHL India

You can submit your question now by clicking on Post reply button and the Workshop Host will try to answer the same during the workshop.

Regards
Sapana
Message 1 of 71
latest reply
70 REPLIES 70

zanajaan
Community Member
Hello DHL Staff,

I have not yet started selling. But I intend to sell women clothing - especially Zari / Embroidery dress materials as well as sarees both locally (India) and internationally.

Please publish your special offer rates for Ebay.in sellers for the above materials
Message 11 of 71
latest reply

barabazar
Community Member
What help can DHL give to small sellers with respect to both national and international shipping?
Being "star-ups" we don't want a prospective buyer to do an-about-turn as soon as he sees the shipping charge
Message 12 of 71
latest reply

indiastorehandicrafts
Community Member
I have cosmetics and make-up products that I sell. I have been shipping to various countries specially by Indian postal service. But last week I shipped hair oils to Japan (250 gm approx)that were returned to me by post office saying that liquids cannot be shipped internationally due to terrorist threats and that the parcel might be thrown at the airport itself. I contacted many courier services but all refused to take the parcel. Please let me know if DHL can help in this matter as I will be shipping lot more such items . I am in Jammu right now. What are the documents required for such a parcel due to security risks these days? Can DHL ship my products to buyer safely?

Regards,
indiastorehandicrafts
Message 13 of 71
latest reply

coolstuffsmart
Community Member
Dear DHL\ Ebay Team ,
First of All thanx for taking time to arranging this kind of work shop for those seller who can build there on International buisness by through of ebay co. world wide community & i also come in those seller who can sell many products internationally & i am having ques. for international shipment so i hope DHL people will help me for sought out my problems & i also know that in 1 hr they will not eligible to provide proper info. in 1 hr. discussion so i will request you to email me the Answhere & you can take my email address by ebay.in permission so my questions is :-
A) I want to sell jackets ( cloths ) & laptops in international , is i require any kind of export & import license .
B) Suppose , if international party will not get his\her packet by DHL Co. & than DHL Staff will help us in the form of proper support , claims etc
C) what will be charges for 3 kgs specially for usa shipment
D) is we need to pay any octroi charges for international shipment or buyer will pay shipment charges
E) is our packet will count as a commercial packets
F)How much time you take for delivery toward international shipment
G) Are you also providing credit for month like professional or DTDC people do , if you provide credit & then how much buisness you expect from us .
H)if you will provide us a credit & then can you provide us a Credit no.
I) will you provide us a good & econimical charges rather than other ordinary people shipment
J)Do you have a help no. so that i can solve my any kind of query !
K ) How much time you take for solving any kind of matter \ prob. for international shipment ?
L)Can you provide us a price list for national & international shipment charges inclusive of all charges ?
M)Are you shipping perfumes & another cosmatics products toward international shipment ?
N)Are you shipping electronics good such as Home theatre surrounding sys. toward internation shipment ?
O)Do you have any kind of franchise in delhi so that i can contact them for internation shipment direct enquiry ?
P) Suppose if we have not any kind of export & import licence & then you are eligible to ship the packet internationally ?
Q) Are you shipping Gold toward international shipment
R) Do you have a mension\open condition facility like others courier co. providing
S)Do you have a Cash on delivery sys. in International shipment?
T) Can we ship any products in international , if not & then provide us those products list which we can not ship internationally ?
U) Do you have a any excutive in delhi who can contact us for international shipment trading or i need to Mingal Him ?
V) How much time you take for collection the parcel from my office \ Home
W) Do you have a time frame for collection of a product like domino's take 30 minutes ?
X) How much time you take for international shipment cliams like 3 months or 6 months & DTDC takes 1 days to 90 days for the adjustment of a Claim ?
Y)When we can call you for collecting international parcel like 24hr or you have any kind of time frame for client calling time
Z) Are you providing a facility for being a international frechise so that we can save many money or we can ship another packets for international ?
so i hope you have read our all ques. , even i am also having ques. but these 26 ques. is ok for me so i hope you will provide me a revelent info. as soon as possible . For further info. \ clearification plz feel free to email us .
Warm Regards
SHL Enterprises
( Vikas Arora )
s)
Message 14 of 71
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hello All,

Welcome and thanks for joining us today in the workshop on "Discuss your International Shipping needs with DHL experts".

Today we have Parth and Anil from DHL India team to talk to you about international shipping and to field questions if any. The Team has prepared some answers based on your previous questions. They will be posting the same and then the floor will be open for more questions.

We love workshops to be interactive, so please feel free to ask your questions that directly relate to this topic.

A note from our Legal Department:

The statements and opinions made in this workshop are those of the workshop host only and do not reflect eBay policy or eBay's opinion with respect to such statements.

Regards,
Sapana
Community Development Team
Message 15 of 71
latest reply

dhl.india
Community Member
Hi,
I had interacted with a local (Kolkata) office of DHL. They said they won't be able to accept gems / jewelry for any delivery, though the value of the gems / jewelry are not high (less than $200). Is there any solution ?
Presently I ship thru our Govt. Speed Post and its fine. But if someone opts for DHL then I want to be sure about its regulations.
Best Regards
Swarup
Kolkata

DHL:
Dear Swarup,
Due to certain restrictions, we cannot carry gems and jewelry.
The restrictions do not apply to artificial gems and costume jewelry. In case the shipments that you send abroad are of non precious metals and artificial gems, we would be very keen to help you express them around the world to your customers! We can carry watches and costume jewellery as long as the individual piece value is less than USD100 and the shipment value less that USD 25000.

Regards,
Partha
Message 16 of 71
latest reply

dhl.india
Community Member
DHL rates are prohibitive. SpeedPost is very reasonable and efficient. To be in the fray DHL has to come out with a special tailor-made scheme for eBay India sellers. Otherwise I am not there.

DHL:
Dear Essech,

If you compare our rates to the services and support that we offer, it is indeed a complete value for money. Our Express Services come with a range of services like CS Support, multimode tracking options etc.
Apart from the Express services we also have a highly economical service ‘DHL Global Mail’ which can surely match the rates that you currently enjoy! Global Mail has an option of Registered mail which will give you a proof of delivery using a special tracking number. It comes with a transit time of 6-10 days for deliveries across the world and is useful for items of low to medium value. We are sure you would benefit greatly from the DHL Global Mail Service.

Best Regards,
Partha (DHL)
Message 17 of 71
latest reply

dhl.india
Community Member
Hello,
The rates of DHL are too high in comparision to Indiapost. Indiapost delivers anywhere within 7 days. Now Indiapost has appointed agents who collects the parcels from our offices and gets the receipts to us, we do not have to pay anything extra to them. The Custom Checking is done before dispatch in Indiapost.
With due respect sir, I would like to know from you that are you planning anything reasonable and attractive for the ebay community so that we can add DHL in our list of the post we are using for our foreign dispatches.
Thanks
Nikanj Pareek
Rajasthanstore

DHL:
Dear Nikanj,

We do not dispute that there are many companies providing shipping services whose rates may be lower. But if you compare the service standards and the solutions that DHL provides in form of CS Support, 24x7 tracking options, Security etc, our rates offer you the best value. Our physical infrastructure is one of the best in Industry and is backed by cutting edge IT backbone which makes sure your shipment travels safe and reaches the destination in time.
We do not have a special rate as yet for eBay sellers. We would like to understand your business better in terms of your logistics requirement and we will be able to offer you a great rate for all your shipping needs. Our portfolio of products includes options of premium Express Services to economical Global Mail option. If you can get in touch with our CS helpline on 1800111345 or 30300345, our executives will be able to give you more information about our products.

Best Regards,
Partha (DHL)
Message 18 of 71
latest reply

dhl.india
Community Member
Hi I am Registered Seller On ebay India and I am looking to sell internationally. I don’t have a Import Export License. I am looking at selling to customers who are going to use the products them self and not going to resale them. So it is for self use. I am going to ship say an average of 3 items per month. So what is the documentation requirement to ship the items globally & if possible can u give us sample format of these documents for our reference which will help us a lot.

DHL:
Dear User,
Import Export Code is needed when you need to ship any item which requires a formal mode of clearance with the customs and there is a commercial transaction involved. Even though you are selling to an individual abroad, there is a monetary transaction involved and the IEC will be needed for the same to facilitate customs clearance.
Documentation required for customs clearance is dependant on the commodity type, value and weight of the shipment. Our Customer Service available on phone numbers 1800 111 345 and 30 300 345 will be able to help you with the details for paperwork required once you give them the details of the shipment.

Best Regards,
Partha (DHL)
Message 19 of 71
latest reply

dhl.india
Community Member
Hi,i am selling furniture international.1)as my goods are bulky and high in volume and weight.can DHL provide me better price,mean to say GREAT PRICE .2)DHL gives service of sea shipping i think that must be economical.3)i want a quotation for worldwide.
Best of luck,INDUSCRAFT.COM

DHL:
Dear User,
1. We can surely give a great rate to take care of your international shipping needs. All we will need is to understand your shipping pattern in terms of weight, frequency and lanes. By understanding your needs we can customize the rates that will be best suitable for you. You can call our CS Helpline on 1800111345 or 303003435 and provide certain shipment information like the Value, Weight and the Dimensions and they will be able to provide you the shipping details over the phone.
Should you choose to open an account with us, we would be able to give you great rates depending on your shipping pattern, frequency and lanes.
2. DHL Express does not have the option of Sea Shipping. Sea Shipping is managed by our group company DHL Danzas. Should you need any information on DHL Danzas, you can call our CS Helpline on the above mentioned numbers.
3. To provide you a quotation we will need to understand your shipping profile. Please call our CS Helpline on the numbers mentioned earlier and our executives will be able to help you with your query.

Best Regards,
Hubert (DHL)
Message 20 of 71
latest reply