verification error

lifeisnice03
Community Member
Hello,
I have uploaded 1 item on ebay.
Then later I want to add more items on ebay for sell, but I am getting verification error.
In that verification error they asked me to update my telephone number and I updated all my information but still getting the error saying my phone number is invalid or my phone is used in many other accounts.
That is not possible as I havent used my phone number to any other account.
Please help as I want to put more items for sell but I cant do it.
Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

verification error

Hello,
Once you do your 1st listing you will get a call from
eBay representative for you account verification.If you had not put your number earlier and added later.So the verification process might got lapsed you can mail to eBay customer care do the process again.(incswebhelp@ebay.com)

With Regards
chiranjib....
Message 2 of 14
latest reply

verification error

lifeisnice03
Community Member
hello
Thanks for the message chiranjiib
I tried but all in vain.
I got the code on my mobile phone but the verification code screen is not popping up anywhere on ebay.in.
Even if I logged in ebay.in there is no verification code screen to enter the code.
And still Im getting the error about my verification.
I am really fed up help me.
Why they are makign it so complicated. ebay.com is so simple and easy to use.
Please advise. Anything related will more helpful.
Thanks again everyone for reading it.
ciao
Message 3 of 14
latest reply

verification error

Hi,

You can try the following if you haven't tried:

1. Remove your phone number and re-enter it without any spaces.

2. Clear Cache and Cookies.

3. If you are using google Chrome, then just change that browser. eBay doesn't support google Chrome.

Regards,
Mustufa
Message 4 of 14
latest reply

verification error

lifeisnice03
Community Member
I tried everything in vain...nothing is working
Message 5 of 14
latest reply

verification error

Call up ebay customer care and do a personal verification, tell them you are getting this phone number error, they will do personal verification on spot and your problem will be solved.
Regards.
Raj Electroniks.
Message 6 of 14
latest reply

verification error

xxheytherexx
Community Member
Buyer Requirements : SMS Verification process : Missing out on auctions and goods.

I am fed up of Ebay's phone and chat representatives. Ebay does not care. I have lost out on quite a few auctions and been unable to buy items because of buyer requirements > SMS verification.

I have already completed this verification process, but ebay wants me to go through it - again.
When I enter my mobile number (same one used earlier as I don't have another), I get the error, "The cell phone number you entered (9xxxxxxxxx) has been used for verification by another member.
Please make sure you have entered the right number."
I have wasted more than 1 hour talking to ebay's phone support, and also half an hour with a chat support agent.
They all say the same thing, please use another phone number, issue will be resolved within 48 hours, we promise.

As I am getting the flavor of ebay's incompetence and "we don't care" attitude, I am beginning to realize how helpless I am as a buyer when things go wrong here.

Ebay people, if you are listening, I am giving you time till the end of this week(not like your 48 hours), or until my latest purchase arrives. IF THIS PROBLEM IS NOT SOLVED BY THEN, OR IF I DON'T SEE YOU TAKING ANY STEPS TO RESOLVE IT, I WILL FOREVER DELETE MY ACCOUNT AND NEVER VISIT YOUR SITE AGAIN.

I have purchased more than RS 10000 worth of goods from your site in the past two months, so if you don't care about my problems then goodbye.
Message 7 of 14
latest reply

verification error

spl_ind
Community Member
Sometimes, previously used & expired numbers are sold by mobile service providers as new numbers. So, if the previous customer had used it on eBay then the new customer may face verification problems. Who am I?
Message 8 of 14
latest reply

verification error

hoytmaster2009
Community Member
Ebay Verification Code Failure when Messaging!!

ebay... why does your contact seller via email messaging function not work on google chrome or firefox.

you ask us to put the verification code in now to contact sellers for questions but even when the code is CORRECT, your system says it is incorrect and never allows messages to be sent.

your service should be getting better but now for nearly a year the messaging function is non existent and seriously poor service.

i can safely say that if this problem is not sorted shortly I will delete my personal and business accounts and never return to the site again.

I forget how many times I have seen the message

"Please correct the information below."

"Please enter the correct code"

Clearly when I have had other members of the family check the code and it is right still your message and contact seller function is flawed and returns an error.

This is pointless and defeats the object and can lead to people buying items that need to be returned.

Please, Please, Please get this sorted...

No longer do I live in hope that ebay is ahead of game 😞

regards

LJ
Message 9 of 14
latest reply

verification error

joyabu1
Community Member
I have not been able to purchase on ebay but I am getting verification error.
In that verification error they asked me to update my telephone number and I updated all my information but still getting the error saying my phone number is invalid or my phone is used in many other accounts.
That is not possible as I havent used my phone number to any other account.
Please help as I want to more purchase and have already lost out on few auctions.
Message 10 of 14
latest reply