octroi charges for thane/mumbai

karthiranu
Community Member
I am getting a mobile for 15k from delhi seller,which will be shipped to thane/mumbai by blue dart.does anyone know wat are the applicable charges..the seller informed me that if u have a proper mumbai address then there is no octroi charges applicable.. is it true???? if applicable how much would it be?
Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

The octroi for Mumbai is 5.5%.

Many a times small parcels go through without octroi being levied on them. But Bluedart normally pays octroi.

Hope you are lucky this time.

Devesh
Message 2 of 23
latest reply

There is no octroi levied for Mumbai Municipal region, Thane does not fall in Mumbai and I have no idea about Thane region octroi.
RajElectroniks
Message 3 of 23
latest reply

lalit88
Community Member
Hi guys, hope u can help. I have ordered a nexus 4 preorder. This will be shipped from US. Whilst placing the order, it indicated that Octroi might be charged. Wanted to confirm if thats the case. I live in.Mumbai just case someone requires that.
Message 4 of 23
latest reply

rachitsaki
Community Member
:^O
Message 5 of 23
latest reply

harshjha
Community Member
Hey people, I too bought a small package from Ebay. It was written there I will have to pay octroi in Thane district. But on some site I came to know that the octroi charge is ₹500. Will I have to pay as high as ₹500 for octroi? Help me out please!!
Message 6 of 23
latest reply

I recently read that octroi has been abolished by maharashtra govt. now the octroi will be included in LBT(Local body tax). Though i still didn't find will i be charged or not? I am planing to order 25k mobile phone (Imported). I live in Gansoli. If any one has any update please post.

Thankx

Message 7 of 23
latest reply

I just placed an order for a micro SD card from ebay and I stay in Thane. So it was flashing all the time that I need to pay octroi. What would be the octroi charges for a item valued at 3500?

Message 8 of 23
latest reply

vira-shel
Community Member

Hello
I just want to ask today I bought Sony Bravia which cost me 40460 n after paying it indicated this order can be charged for octroi.

Can anybody tell me the what will be the price of octroi. Please revert

Message 9 of 23
latest reply

Octroi would be charged at 5.5% if delivery in mumbai from outside muncipal limits,

but i wonder why only ebay is charged with octroi and why no other seller such as amazon..

even if amazon has their warehousing facility then too they would be adding this charges to their cost, which still is cheaper then pricing on ebay..

Message 10 of 23
latest reply