cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay.in insisting on PAN card for Proof of Identity

Dear All,

eBay has put my paisapay account on hold saying that PAN card is mandatory for Proof of Identity.

In this link --  ( http://pages.ebay.in/help/policies/paisapay/kyc-documents.html ) for POI, there is a list of documents that can be submitted. 

I submitted the Voter id card, but eBay says that they need only the PAN card as it is mandatory. 

I don't have a PAN card.  My money of about 60 K is stuck with eBay now. 

Has someone faced a similar issue ?     Pls suggest how to get out of this issue. Thanks. 

Regards,

Lenovoexpert

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I Have no pan card so what can I do for sell
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

1. how did you open a bank account with out pan? (to get payment from ebay !)

2. ebay has no problem allowing you to sell. but you wont get paid till you get a PAN card.That's all.

3. Forget the 60 K money for the time being  & apply PAN.

4. Till then you can sell- but dont expect payment from ebay! Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I am just wondering how did you open a bank account without a pan card? Anyway its very easy to get a new pan card. You can apply online and it would take around 15-20 days.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

What is pan no
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

It was possible to open bank acccounts till now with out PAN. But I have seen banks chasing away new SB

account openening candidates. get pan (PERMANENT ACCOUNT NO  issued by Income tax dept )& come back.

At the moment with out Aadhar able to open bank accounts, That too may be closed in a year or so.

cheques clearing now will bounce if you issue cheque but PAN not updated in your act.  your chq receipient will bepissed off. 

rs 200-250 penalty in bank .....

Message 6 of 6
latest reply