cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very Serious ! Contradictory Shipping Details in emails from eBay on same Order

I'm not sure if this has been brought up before.. if so pls provide the link to that thread

There are two emails eBay generates once the product is sold in this order

• Your eBay item sold!
  • Successful PaisaPay payment for your eBay order (PaisaPay ID XXX)

Both these mails provide the Shipping details of the Buyer.... but in cases where the Buyer chooses a different Shipping Address, the mails provide the Buyers' Registered  address in the 1st mail and the required Shipping Address in the 2nd mail.

Now Which address should we send the item to ?

(Thankfully, the 1st Mail does not appear within the "Messages" section of MyeBay... 🙂

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The 1st email says

You did it! Your item sold. Please ship this item to the buyer within 1 business day(s) after your buyer pays.

The 2nd email says

Please ship the items to the buyer's specified shipping address given below and enter the shipping details or mark the items as Ready to Ship from on the "Sold with PaisaPay" tab in your My PaisaPay by 10-Dec-14 (3 days)

Why this ambiguity ? Just one mail confirming that Paisapay remittance with the correct Shipping Address will be sufficient, is it not ?

Can someone clarify pls ? 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

You are a seller on ebay so I think you should know the rules by now. Do not go by any emails, go only by what reflects in your sold with paisapay page and there is the correct info, it is very common for the buyer to have different registration and delivery addresses. So go only by the address given on the paisapay page. Hope this helps you.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@rajelectroniks wrote:

You are a seller on ebay so I think you should know the rules by now. Do not go by any emails, go only by what reflects in your sold with paisapay page and there is the correct info, it is very common for the buyer to have different registration and delivery addresses. So go only by the address given on the paisapay page. Hope this helps you.

Thanks for the update..

Yes, I've been a member since 2001.. since Baazee days but one thing hasn't changed.. that is eBay's response to members' greivances... its still as bad as ever...

My problem is that most of the products listed are to be despatched from the factory/works directly and the only way I can get this done is by forwarding the email from eBay... I cant give access to my Paisapay page to others...

I've instructed the despatch people to call the Buyer on the phone, check the Shipping Address and then send...

Thanks again

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

This is the Thread of Replies I got from eBay.. Amazing isnt it ?

============================================================================

Hello Murali, Thank you for contacting eBay India Customer Service.

We would definitely like to assist you, however the mail you have sent is insufficient to resolve the issue. We request you to kindly provide us buyer id and paisapay id so we can assist you further. As you have informed in the email that buyer has updated you different address to ship the item, we would like to inform you that as per eBay policy you are supposed to ship the product to the address that ebay has provided. But still if buyer request to change the shipping address we would request to contact buyer and cancel the transaction and inform buyer to make a fresh transaction with the new shipping address updated.

Also would like to inform you that once shipping details are entered it can't be changed. If you have made any changes in the shipment kindly contact the buyer through eBay messages and inform the details to buyer. Below are the steps mentioned through which you can enter shipping details: Go to "My PaisaPay" Click on "Sold with PaisaPay" Click on "Enter Shipping details"

Within 3 Days if the shipping details is not entered the system will initiate the refund.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Hi Alok,

Thanks for the quick response.

I don’t think it’s the Member’s having two different addresses that is the real problem… it’s the auto-generated emails from eBay itself. eBay generates two mails with two different addresses for the same Order/Transaction.

I’m attaching 3 sets of Screen-shots for your reference… That would tell the tale… The Nos at the end of filenames correspond to each other

Regards – Murali

=======================================================================================

Hello Murali,

Thank you for contacting eBay India Customer Support.

Referring to your mail, Firstly we would apologize for the inconvenience. We are unclear as to the exact problem you are experiencing on eBay. We would certainly help you with your concern however, the information provided by you in your mail is insufficient for us to resolve your query.

So, we would request you to kindly get back to us with the Item Id or the PaisaPay Id, so that we could assist you further. However, we tried to check the attachment in the email. Hence, on checking the details there was no exact information in attachment found. Hoping to get a reply from you as soon as possible so that we may resolve your query at the earliest.

We appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter. We trust this information was useful to you.

Regards,

Amol G. eBay India Customer Support Team

============================================================================================

Ok.. Got it.... I'll  get back when eBay announces that it has appointed Customer Care executives who can understand Plain English and know how to read text in images....

Till then we will call up the Buyer and confirm the address..

Thanks - Murali

Message 5 of 5
latest reply