cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The delivery to North Eastern States get delayed due to various factors.

The delivery to North Eastern States gets delayed due to various factors. The buyer promptly files claim on expiry of delivery deadline. Will the eBay extend the delivery deadline by extra 15 days for these remote areas. I have to restrict my shipping location if eBay does not extend delivery deadline for remote areas.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

ebay will do nothing.

Stop selling to North-East.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

I am facing same issue here, i have to send by speed post and it gets delivered very late and buyer from these states claim and get their money back and keep my products for free, i lost money many times.

Its a trick they follow on ebay to cheat sellers, so i like to stop selling to north east how to i block it? please let know.

Thanks.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

It is very simple. When you list, you can chose countries to which you ship...There you can chose states. But this is not what we expect. We demand eBay to give extension of delivery time to extra 15days for all remote areas. By default it should be made like that.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

But ebay would not cosider anything good thats for sellers, so instead of waiting for ebay to act, i plan to block buyers from these states for now. 

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Hi,

Please tell me how..? bcoz State Exclusions isn't working at all.

So I added this line to my all listing.

"We do not ship to Jammu & Kashmir, Srinagar, West Bengal, Assam, Orissa, Nagaland, Kohima & other DFR locations beyond these places. Payment will be refunded if we are unable to ship to your location."

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

My suggestion is....Always ship to "North East State" with Blue Dart Courier and FedEx Courier to avoid delay, well you can charge some extra charges for NE customer if u want. 

I am from North East and whenever i tried to buy high value electronic items...  the following sentence comes up..................

""We do not ship to Jammu & Kashmir, Srinagar, West Bengal, Assam, Orissa, Nagaland, Kohima & other DFR locations beyond these places. Payment will be refunded if we are unable to ship to your location."

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@neer_2010 wrote:

My suggestion is....Always ship to "North East State" with Blue Dart Courier and FedEx Courier to avoid delay, well you can charge some extra charges for NE customer if u want. 

Ebay doesn't allow region wise shipping charges and so charging extra to NE customers is not possible.

BlueDart and Fedex are too expensive except for those sellers who have Powership Account with ebay. Even those who have Powership can't choose which courier will deliver which parcel, it's all automated.

e.g. If DTDC charges Rs 80 for a small package. Fedex would charge Rs 250 for the same. Bluedart is somewhere in between the two.

Thus sellers have no choice but to stop selling to NE customers.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

melestas0
Community Member
Why you don't dispatch product's in kohima.please dispatch your product through Kohima, Chakhabama so will be happy.:-)
Thank You
Message 9 of 9
latest reply