cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

State Exclusions while shipping high value items.

Hello All,

I'm a long time Ebayer, but a fairly new seller here, trying to plunge to into some serious selling acitivity. I got a couple of questions here and would like to know your thoughts

1. What are the common states to exclude while shipping high value items like mobile phones and electronics. I've seen people not shipping to north east and WB. Could you please explain why?

2. I've applied for ebay powership. Do they accept new sellers like me? If yes,  (a) positives and negatives of powership, please. (b) Can I revoke as and when I wish to?

Thanks in advance. Enjoy your weekend.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

State Exclusions is depends on you and the distance from your home location. As for me Most of the north east location are very far and handling shipping cost also high, so I excluded some of state and purely depends on your capability.

And about powership it has both positive and negatives.
Positive:
- makes the logitic process simple and let you concentrate on your busines
- no need to take your shipment to courier office hence saves your valuable time
- shipment will reach your customer soon within 2 or 3 days
- when the order delivered by the LP to customer, the automatic item receipt confirmation will initiated in PaisaPay and you will get your remittances soon.

Negatives:
- It has some weight slabs klike 250g, 500g etc where it charges more. ( Check powership charges in ebay)
- Shipping cost is high compare to if you have a account with any logistic provider

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

State Exclusions is depends on you and the distance from your home location. As for me Most of the north east location are very far and handling shipping cost also high, so I excluded some of state and purely depends on your capability.

And about powership it has both positive and negatives.
Positive:
- makes the logitic process simple and let you concentrate on your busines
- no need to take your shipment to courier office hence saves your valuable time
- shipment will reach your customer soon within 2 or 3 days
- when the order delivered by the LP to customer, the automatic item receipt confirmation will initiated in PaisaPay and you will get your remittances soon.

Negatives:
- It has some weight slabs klike 250g, 500g etc where it charges more. ( Check powership charges in ebay)
- Shipping cost is high compare to if you have a account with any logistic provider
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Thanks much pepbox. That answered most of my queries. Will powership program be only available to seasoned sellers?
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Any eBay seller can subscribe for powership program if you have some decent number of listings and some good number of transactions per month. You can also unsubscribe powership program later if you wish. Better contact eBay customer care for more assistance

Message 4 of 4
latest reply