cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some sellers claim PowerShip does not ship to my area

Although I'm asking my question as a buyer, I think experienced sellers would be in the best position to answer it. An authoritative answer from eBay staff would be even better, but it's been my experience that they seldom bother to provide clarifications in the forum.

I live in a central part of Aizawl, the capital of Mizoram and I've been buying from eBay since 2000 when it was still baazee.com. Since Mizoram is one of the more remote states, I am used to longer transit times than in the more central regions.

Most of my eBay purchases are delivered without any problem, but occasionally, a seller claims that eBay PowerShip does not ship to my location and cancels the deal. We do have all major couriers as well as many smaller ones operating here - FedEx, Blue Dart, DTDC, Overnite, Aramex, First Flight, Speed Post, Ecom Express, Delhivery, etc. etc.

Can anyone please clarify the situation?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Hello I have been selling on ebay few years now so I can answer your question.

I used powership for 1-2 months and then cancelled it for good so I dont know whether powership ship to your state or not.

But I would tell you why some sellers dont ship to your state and many other states in general.

The issue is not with the service not being available. The issue is that many states ask for state forms/vat forms for any parcel entering there state and the buyer is supposed to provide these forms. Obviously no buyer provide the same thus sellers do not ship to these states.

Powership uses bluedart, fedex and aramex. For air mode bluedart does not ask for any form for any state. If product is sent by surface bluedart ask for forms. Fedex ask for forms irrespective of the mode. I guess aramex does not ask for forms.

I can tell you all the 7 north east states, UP, J&K, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Gujarat, Orissa and some other states as well have form requirements.

In My seller panel I have close to 15 states where I dont ship due to this reason.

The only way to ship sometimes to north east which has dual issue of form requirement and poor connectivity is to use Indiapost which many sellers are not willing to use.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

As stated in the post before mine, many sellers don't ship to states that have paperwork requirement for ecom deliveries.

Still there are many sellers on ebay that ship to the North East. You can clarify with the seller before placing the order.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply