cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serious negligent behavior by Ebay India Team : Which has caused me a loss

3 weeks back, I decided I wanted to sell DVDs on ebay. So per an e-mail of a Trust & Safety Ebay official, I sent an application for the same on a 300 Rupee stamp paper to Trust and Safety, eBAY office in Goregaon by courier. I had also had to pay 300 Rupees to the notary for getting this document typed. So the total cost to me was 650 Rupees, which is, cost of 300 rupee stamp paper, cost of courier and notary charges.

2 weeks back, I called ebay customer care, asking them whether the documents have been received or not and when they will be giving me permission. They told me the documents have been received and I will get permission in 24-48 hours. But no response.

Then I chatted with a customer care person on ebay chat ..asked him a specific question, whether the documents have been received. Answer was yes, documents have been received, and I will be given permission in 24-36 hours. I have chat transcripts for the same.

This has been going on for the last 2 weeks, every 2 days. I call customer care - ask them when I will be given permission, they say 24-36-48 hours, depending on the person.

Now, just now, I got an e-mail from one Pranjali, customer care Ebay, saying...."we would love to give you permission, but unfortunately we have not received any documents from you, please send us the documents".

What nonsense ? What is happening at Ebay India ? I am just a small time, part time seller, and every rupee matters to me. I cannot afford to throw money just like that. Either give me permission to sell DVDs, or give me back my 650 Rupees. But please stop this business of one person saying one thing and another person saying another thing.

I request the Ebay Team to review my various calls to Ebay customer care, as well as the chat transcripts. Your customer support team is leading me on a wild goose chase. This is just not done. Completely unprofessional.

If Ebay India team does not take up this issue seriously, I dont know who to approach. Maybe Ebay USA. I dont know.

But primarily, the greatest attribute a company like Ebay can have is "trust"...trust that sellers as well as buyers have in Ebay. By your actions over the last 2 weeks, over such a minor thing as giving permission to list DVDs, you have breached the "trust" I used to have in Ebay.

Regards,

Raghav
Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Serious negligent behavior by Ebay India Team : Which has caused me a loss

My e-mail to ebay :

3 weeks back, I decided I wanted to sell DVDs on ebay. So per an e-mail of a Trust & Safety Ebay official, I sent an application for the same on a 300 Rupee stamp paper to Trust and Safety, eBAY office in Goregaon (East) , Mumbai, by courier. I had also had to pay 300 Rupees to the notary for getting this document typed. So the total cost to me was 650 Rupees, which is, cost of 300 rupee stamp paper, cost of courier and notary charges.

2 weeks back, I called ebay customer care, asking them whether the documents have been received or not and when they will be giving me permission. They told me the documents have been received and I will get permission in 24-48 hours. But no response.

Then I chatted with a customer care person on ebay chat, one Deepa D ..asked her a specific question, whether the documents have been received. Answer was yes, documents have been received, and I will be given permission in 24-36 hours. I have chat transcripts for the same.

This has been going on for the last 2 weeks, every 2 days. I call customer care - ask them when I will be given permission, they say 24-36-48 hours, depending on the person.

Yesterday,suddenly, I got an e-mail from one Pranjali, customer care Ebay, saying...."we would love to give you permission, but unfortunately we have not received any documents from you, please send us the documents".

Please try to understand I have proof that I have sent the documents.

Please note down the docket number of Professional Courier BLR36363972 .....if you track this number on Professional Courier website, you will find the documents were dispatched from Bangalore on June 7 and received at your place on June 10.

Docket number BLR36363972.

Also I am attaching a transcript of my ebay online chat with ebay chat agent Deepa D. I asked her specifically whether documents have been received. And she confirmed, yes.

In fact, 2-3 verbal call center agents have also confirmed the documents have been received when I called them 7-14 days back. But since I did not record my calls, I cannot offer that as proof. But if you check the calls made by me to ebay customer care, and hear what they told me over the period of last 7-14 days, you will get this proof as well.

Here is the chat transcript, of my chat with ebay chat agent Deepa D on June 12th, 2013.....which I have attached with this e-mail.

------------------------------------------------------

Deepa D. 06:28:01
Hello,welcome to eBay Live Chat support. My name is Deepa. How may I assist you today?

Deepa D. 06:28:17
Hello,Raghava Good Morning.

raghavhegde2013 06:29:08
Hi...I have been selling on ebay for 1 month now....I want to sell DVDS...so according to ebay rules, I sent a 300 rupee stamp paper to trust and safety for ebay's permission to sell dvds...

raghavhegde2013 06:29:37
I sent it last thursday or friday... I am not sure....

raghavhegde2013 06:30:02
But I want to know if they have received my mail...and whether I have been given approval

raghavhegde2013 06:30:49
I sent the application on a 300 rupee stamp paper, I mean...

Deepa D. 06:31:18
Surely I will assist you with your query.

Deepa D. 06:31:20
One moment please while I check the details for you.

Deepa D. 06:31:26
Thank you for your patience.

raghavhegde2013 06:31:29
okay

raghavhegde2013 06:31:39
sure

Deepa D. 06:31:54
Yes,they have received the mail so now they will reply you within 24 to 48 hours.

raghavhegde2013 06:32:24
okay....thats what I wanted to know... thank you so much Deepa

Deepa D. 06:32:39
It was my pleasure assisting you.

Deepa D. 06:32:41
.c.l1

Deepa D. 06:32:44
Is there anything else that I can help you with?

System06:32:45
The chat session is being wrapped up.

System06:32:45
The chat session has ended.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So please try to understand I am not bluffing when I say I have sent the documents to you.

I am asking for a very little thing. Permission to sell DVDs on ebay. I am a small time, part time seller...so the money I have already spent, 300 on stamp paper, 300 on notary charges, 50 on postage is crucial to me. I cannot keep repeating the process of paying a notary to get a stamp paper done, and send it to ebay, only to have it lost by you people. Either give me permission to sell DVDs on ebay, or if you are unable to do that because you have lost my documents or send me my 650 Rupees. I will use it to once again send you the same documents.

You are a huge billion dollar company, I am just a part time book seller. I am sure I am not asking too much of you. You people have done wrong by me, it is upto you to set it right.

Regards,

Raghava Hegde
Message 2 of 2
latest reply