Selling on ebay, Gain Or Pain?

There is no doubt ebay is giving good business for sellers but at the same time ebay gives more pain then gain for sellers...

You would never know, when your account will be ugraded or downgraded or suspended, it gives some kind of unsecure feeling for sellers.

You would never know, whether you would get all the money for sales you made at ebay, if buyer claims for silly reasons he gets his money back and keep the product free.

You all know, India is vast country and not well connected by rail or road or air, if courier partners delays the delivery of consignment 

buyer claims item not received and gets the amount refund from ebay at same time the consignment gets delivers after the deadline and buyer gets both the product as well his amount.

You cannot make a solid future business plan based on current ebay sales, as you would not know when your hard earned money will come to you from ebay!!!

I had a buyer recently rating a negative feedback for us, reason courier guys delayed in delivery, he didn't consider the facts he lives in a remote village far east part some where in Tripura state and this month there was continue national holidays which is acceptable reason for delays.

At the end of the day, seller = loss! 

Hi friends, selling on ebay Gain Or Pain for you? share your thoughts.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

What so ever its better to do fruad bussiness on ebay , just because they are also somehows chaeting with the sellers , I have been told that i will be getting my final value fee credit back as ij have refunded 200 transactions in september month , the invoice has been generated for the the october now , but as i can see there no credits till day  ihave except only for the unpaid item cases , this ebay people are frauds . and i dont  think they will be able to commit their bussines  till next till , as we can seee how much traffic has gone from his hands in past few months and even there are very less amount are sellers left on the site itself.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Luckily I have not faced any problems from buyers and courier companies till now I have sold some high value products here, but I am always scared from ebay sides till my money gets cleared as policyies keeps changing frequently, in the last two months my status went from silver to platinum to silver and now inserting fees added extra headaches and final value fee is not shown immediately.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

My account too upgraded to platinum and down to silver now!! i made good business last month and even reduced the price for some products i sell, based on calculation i would get the money soon and can use it for next production, it was a great disappointment...

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Its 100% pain only !!!

ebay always suport for buyers...

Buyer can leave negative feeback to ruin seller ratings.

In powership they are charging extra 10times more than the actual weight,so facing loss in my business but powership till now no responds.

every month they are asking us to pay invoice for selling fee but they wont take care about sellers,so planning to change to other online site like snapdeal flipkart like that !!!

Message 5 of 5
latest reply