Seller Protection is a Joke on Ebay India

This is regarding a claim (eBay Guarantee Claim No.260241) raised against me by a buyer on Ebay India. The product in question is an HTC ONE X Mobile phone, worth 18700 (plus shipping). I had, as listed, provided the buyer with a brand new mobile phone. As buyers have been doing for a long time now (in connivance with Ebay India), the buyer opened a guarantee claim stating the item was old, when I had sent him a sealed packed NEW mobile phone. When the buyer could not prove that the phone was old, he started making trival claims like the charger is scratched, the phones "manufacturing" date, which he checked on some wierd chinese site, was old etc. Ebay India was swift and prompt to close the case in favor of the buyer (even though the Ebay service center guy Rahul Dev did not have any valid reason for closing the case in the buyers favor. In fact, he started the call by saying "Sir , the buyer has asked for a refund. So when can you process a refund to the buyer.....". After all this, the buyer returned me the phone and, it was no surprise, that the phone was broken (Even though the buyer had it only for a week). The back was cracked and the phone showed signs that it had been opened. It no longer boots up and there is no way I can use it, let alone sell it.

When I went searching on the Ebay India site, there is no option or button for Seller protection. When you go to

http://eguarantee.ebay.in/eg/SellerProtection

and click on Raise a claim, it only allows you to raise a claim on items you BOUGHT in the recent past. So it is obvious that this button, intended for seller protection, just takes you back to the Buyer Protection page.

After a lot of searching I come across a small line in their FAQ that says "mail sellerprotection@ebay.com" for Seller Protection. When I mailed them, there isnt even an automated response from Ebay (which BTW is a common thing for all Ebay mail ids, you GET an automated acknowledgement, AT LEAST). Shows very well that the seller protection mailbox is just a phony, and not monitored at all.

I hope Ebay India gets its act together before all of us sellers desert it, leaving it for what it really is becoming, just another scam site on the internet.

Hope this finds some responsible Ebay India members quickly before Ebay goes bust.

Thanks

Abhishek

Message 1 of 52
latest reply
51 REPLIES 51

I am really scared after reading these posts. I am removing my sales post. Its dangerous . But prevention is better than cure. I will use my ebay account 4 buying. Bye bye
Message 21 of 52
latest reply

I sold a like new iphone 5s to a buyer and now 2 days after receiving the product, he is saying that phone has dents and scratches .

It is really not safe to sell the products on ebay. better i will be using olx where buyer can locally pick up the products and secondly we wont face any fraud as we are facing on ebay.

Message 22 of 52
latest reply

abdshop
Community Member

Yes I argee we have no protection at ebay india

Message 23 of 52
latest reply

dont go for selling on ebay, when your account restricted and remittance on hold you dont know and all your hard earn money will taken by ebay, this happend to me i am selling from 2 month and sold more then 160 item worth Rs.1.85 lacs now my remittance on hold due to restriction, God knows when will I get my money
Message 24 of 52
latest reply

I agrred with you
Message 25 of 52
latest reply

I am new ebay seller, after reading the forums and posts in this thread it makes me worried to continue as a seller here!

As a business we have many more options to sell our products online with comfort and i am thinking of limiting my selves here slowly...
Message 26 of 52
latest reply

I'm fed up with ebay india

I used to do business worldwide and my experience was great.

Indian people are the most selfish, No feedback, Fake claims, negative feedback for small things.

This site has no way to open a claim against buyer, I have sent an item two times, still buyer says it has not arrived. And now ebay india deducted the amount from my paisapay.

This site is dead now, we need something new which is seller friendly.

I am off with  ebay india now

Message 27 of 52
latest reply

I faced the same problem...Even after I posted proper explanataion about the case, Ebay closed the case in favour of the liar (buyer) .. Sold a new phone to a buyer...after using for 4 days, he raised a claim that the product was not new ... I had proof that the product was brand new as I have the bill will the IMEI number from where I bought ...Still t was closed in favor of the buyer...

Message 28 of 52
latest reply

You are right. Customer care for seller is weired. They don't have knowledge. Recently a claim has raised against me that customer received torn item. Ebay has so eager to close that claim and refund the buyer even the buyer didn't show proff  and not return the item. Ebay deduct the money from my paisa pay account. I am taking followup but still i didn't receive any revert from ebay side.

I called to customer care the guy is so stupid he told me that ebay has to bear all the loss and refund the amount to buyer you don't worry about this and you will not bear any loss in this case but when i checked my paisapay accout the amount got deducted and the buyer still not returned the  item to me.

There is no seller protection on Ebay India they only protect buyer

Message 29 of 52
latest reply

Not only seller protection ebay gaurantee itself has become a joke. Ebay India team is not aware that the quality delivered by their third party outsource is more poor than any shopping company. Claims are purely manipulated just to meet the service level. The claim team will speak something and action will something else.

I am aware of the issue you all are facing not you alll the sellers on ebay are facing the same issue. Please accumate the documented evidence of all your claim which can prove your right of justice against ebay claim team.

Basically ebay Buisness unit is good but the situation made worst are from their third party company which shows wrong vision to ebay India business team.

All of you can start bombarding mail with and phone calls to their higher management. I have all the contact details but can share on this fourm for privacy. You can contact me on scrapbazzar@yahoo.com.

I have already done it and have received positive response. The seller protection and ebay claim team are sleepy giant and you need to wake them up.

Ebay India is good as a company but the emp quality of their thrid party is very poor with low IQ standard who design sick policy which does not suits India market.

Not only seller even buyer's are facing similar challenge in making the understand the resolution eg if buyer wants replacement they still go head and give refund which ultimately gets negative feedback to seller.

Message 30 of 52
latest reply