Seller Protection is a Joke on Ebay India

This is regarding a claim (eBay Guarantee Claim No.260241) raised against me by a buyer on Ebay India. The product in question is an HTC ONE X Mobile phone, worth 18700 (plus shipping). I had, as listed, provided the buyer with a brand new mobile phone. As buyers have been doing for a long time now (in connivance with Ebay India), the buyer opened a guarantee claim stating the item was old, when I had sent him a sealed packed NEW mobile phone. When the buyer could not prove that the phone was old, he started making trival claims like the charger is scratched, the phones "manufacturing" date, which he checked on some wierd chinese site, was old etc. Ebay India was swift and prompt to close the case in favor of the buyer (even though the Ebay service center guy Rahul Dev did not have any valid reason for closing the case in the buyers favor. In fact, he started the call by saying "Sir , the buyer has asked for a refund. So when can you process a refund to the buyer.....". After all this, the buyer returned me the phone and, it was no surprise, that the phone was broken (Even though the buyer had it only for a week). The back was cracked and the phone showed signs that it had been opened. It no longer boots up and there is no way I can use it, let alone sell it.

When I went searching on the Ebay India site, there is no option or button for Seller protection. When you go to

http://eguarantee.ebay.in/eg/SellerProtection

and click on Raise a claim, it only allows you to raise a claim on items you BOUGHT in the recent past. So it is obvious that this button, intended for seller protection, just takes you back to the Buyer Protection page.

After a lot of searching I come across a small line in their FAQ that says "mail sellerprotection@ebay.com" for Seller Protection. When I mailed them, there isnt even an automated response from Ebay (which BTW is a common thing for all Ebay mail ids, you GET an automated acknowledgement, AT LEAST). Shows very well that the seller protection mailbox is just a phony, and not monitored at all.

I hope Ebay India gets its act together before all of us sellers desert it, leaving it for what it really is becoming, just another scam site on the internet.

Hope this finds some responsible Ebay India members quickly before Ebay goes bust.

Thanks

Abhishek

Message 1 of 52
latest reply
51 REPLIES 51

After reading all the complaints in this section, looks like we need a new trading website.

Message 11 of 52
latest reply

I was thinking on selling items on ebay. But after reading your experience i think its waste of money and time. Thank you for sharing your exp
Message 12 of 52
latest reply

I agree with him. Even i did not raise seller protection claim. But fortunately value of item i sold was too less. 🙂 🙂

Message 13 of 52
latest reply

nagreddi
Community Member
i too lost 32k...simply..they resolved claim in favour of buyer..how could they collect money from us,, if we dont have enough balance in our paisa pay account..what is the next procedure.....how could I pay..money to eBay..if I delay what will be the next procedure,,,by them
Message 14 of 52
latest reply

hi,

what Raj Electronics said is correct

First go to this page and check the claims raised against you, and click on details to check it

after you go to this details page you can apply for seller protection

you can apply for seller protection, once the claim registrar has approved a refund against you

i have done this many times, since the new system and fortunately got satisfactorily results aparat from few cases where i did not get it

Message 15 of 52
latest reply

Hello there,

i agree with you.same thing happen with me as well.as every one has different like and dislike.if buyer claim he didn't like product.still we have to suffer.on the other hand the same product liked so much from other buyers.

Message 16 of 52
latest reply

They only worry about the buyers.

Message 17 of 52
latest reply

Dear Frndz,

I sold mobile phone(Moto G-16gb)  to a customer '***' it was delivered to him on 22nd March'14 at Motihari, Bihar. He used it  for last four days and yesterday confirmed item receipt for the same. Today I saw that he raised a claim against this item  for refund that Item is broken/not working. Then what he was doing for last four days??  Then I contacted buyer that what happened with this mobile as yesterday you were saying --everything is ok. Do u know what he said---he is not getting 3G into his mobile with sim card of cellone at motihar but 2G he is getting. What kinda of customer he is.....its a joke. really

So let me see what happens.....what ebay will do.......!!!!!!!!

Message 18 of 52
latest reply

This is sad and funny at the same time. Tell him to use the option WCDMA in mobile network (if he subscribed to 3G afterall).

buyers like him is a pain for the **bleep**-ets.

Message 19 of 52
latest reply

only vilagers or remote are people use ebay india. where ther no devlopment or backward area. most of you product will be sold wher normal courier compony refused to take parcel. at this point buyer takes a advantage of late ship ment and raise a claim

best way to sell was directly cash on delevery option. otherwise dont wast ur money through selling on ebay

Message 20 of 52
latest reply